FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cosntant Signal(Voice and Data) Loss

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RafaAguilar1987, Junior Member on 22nd November 2015, 04:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some weeks ago i acquired this device that i have been following for some time ago, i have a problem that i never seen before on Android and there is close to nothing documented about what to do, i will try the scenario the simplest as possible:

1. The phone is an Huawei Ascend P6-U06, in the back of the phone the letters are in Chinese (i don't knows if that matters actually)
2. The phone works with a 3G SIM (Digitel Venezuela), this carrier also provides 4G-LTE network.
3. The phone is unlocked and actually gets H+ data connection.
4. The problems came when from time to time (1min ~ 30s) the signal is completely lost, voice & data, and it came back after ~15s or so. Is like i set it on and off Airplane mode. This is a non-stop loop that drains the battery.

Notes:

A. If device is plug to any power source, the connection is stable.
B. If exist an active connection (like an Play App Download), the device won't lost the signal until the download ends, independently if the downloads is 30 mins or more .
C. I have tried with other ROMs, officials : B108-B113, B512, B513, B634, B635 y B708, also with non-officials ROMS like: CM10, CM11, MIUI6.

Workarounds tried (fails):

i. Set "WCDMA Only" using service menu *#*#4636#*#*, i read it on a Nexus forum that it presents the same failure on ROMs based on 4.3 & 4.4, It says it was a framework/hardware issue. But in my case, the phone reset itself to "WCDMA Preferred". (While is it WCDA Only connection is stable), also tried directly set it to SQLite DB, but doesn't worked.

ii. Also tried with the project menu *#*#2846579#*#* doing the 3-steps method mentioned on a website (i can't share links yet), in the final step says "Network mode set Failed".

iii. Doing a Ping every second to Google through a virtual console keep the connection up and make it more stable (like 80% of the time is up), but the battery get drain fast (without mention data consumption).

Any other details that i should provide, please guide me and i will send it over to you,

Thanks in advance,

22nd November 2015, 05:16 PM |#2  
Flag Gevgelija
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
Try a sim card from a diferent mobile operator and see if it behaves the same.

Sent from my SM-G850F
22nd November 2015, 05:26 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tileeq

Try a sim card from a diferent mobile operator and see if it behaves the same.

Sent from my SM-G850F

Yes, i have tried with others SIM cards and another carriers, it behaves the same (or worst, in some case just get 2G).
8th January 2016, 08:04 PM |#4  

More
Had the same issue with my phone. For me it was A hardware defect which was repaired under warranty.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)