Difficulty Installing Fonts on Huawei

11th July 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

49 posts
Hello everyone, I am having trouble installing font themes on my Huawei phone. I use ifont and I select huawei mode, the theme appears in the app themes and I select the font because the theme has the font name. I reboot and the theme is applied but after a couple of hours the font becomes gibberish and I have to reboot. When I reboot the phone reverts to the original font. Even if there is no problem and I turn off the phone, when I restart it the original font is there instead of the new theme font.

I have also tried putting the hwt files in the hwthemes folder but when I do these themes do not appear in the theme app so I cannot select them.

I really hate the fonts that came with the phone and would really love to find a permanent way to change the font.

Thanks in advance for your help.
22nd July 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
Is your phone rooted? I think the most stable way of installing fonts is rooting the device and using font-replacing apps that needs root permission
6th September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag maracay
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
More
you can use other software that changes fonts, i used on some samsung galaxy s a software called Font Installer, the phone was rooted, heres the link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...font.installer remember you must be rooted, i havent tested it on my p6... so do some backup, and donwload the rom you are using now on your sd card on a folder called dload, so if you get boot loop you can reapair it faster.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread