Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] best ROM

Tip us?
 
aljazyzek
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default [Q] best ROM

hi

i am searching for best ROM that has best performance for gaming and low power consumption.

currently i have installed OMNIROM but the batery drain is awfull.
also i wannt to change battery,wifi,...icons.i am using rom tollbox pro for changing wifi,signal,battery icons but it doesnt work i dont know for any other way to change it.
 
Skyllery
Old
#2  
Skyllery's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St-Denis Reunion
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljazyzek View Post
hi

i am searching for best ROM that has best performance for gaming and low power consumption.

currently i have installed OMNIROM but the battery drain is awful.
also i want to change battery,wifi,...icons.i am using rom tollbox pro for changing wifi,signal,battery icons but it doesn't work I don't know for any other way to change it.

Hi
P6 is 6 mm.. it's not made for gaming at all but for design and use like a smartphone need to be used ..

The problem it's the fact that huawei don't give us the kernel source of KK (we need to use official kernel) so in custom rom the power consumption is high so use a JB custom rom, or go to Official KK and install Xposed Framework (for personalisations)
 
digijedi007
Old
#3  
digijedi007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 112
Join Date: May 2014
Try the rom listed in my sig
Owner Of http://basicfixing.com/ (pc hardware and software tips, reviews of phones,pc accessories,games.)
Phone History
 
(R=Retired)
Samsung D500(R) > Samsung E370(R )> Samsung E250(R )> Lg KP265(R) > Nokia N70 (R) > Nokia N70 (R) > Sony Ericsson Xperia X2(R)
>HTC Wildfire(Buzz)(Backup)(Cynogenmod 7)

> Huawei Ascend P6-U06(Current)(DIY ROM- B510 Based With Added mods)

People instead of saying thanks please use the thanks button instead

P6 Common Issues & Fixes
 
expl8rer
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllery View Post
Hi
P6 is 6 mm.. it's not made for gaming at all but for design and use like a smartphone need to be used ..

The problem it's the fact that huawei don't give us the kernel source of KK (we need to use official kernel) so in custom rom the power consumption is high so use a JB custom rom, or go to Official KK and install Xposed Framework (for personalisations)


Thank you,i have installed Latest KK Paranoid rom and power consumption is much lover now,i am still wondering how to change statusbar icons and if ART works with this rom and will the power consumption be higher if i turn it on?
 
Skyllery
Old
#5  
Skyllery's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St-Denis Reunion
Quote:
Originally Posted by expl8rer View Post
Thank you,i have installed Latest KK Paranoid rom and power consumption is much lover now,i am still wondering how to change statusbar icons and if ART works with this rom and will the power consumption be higher if i turn it on?
You are lucky many people don't like Paranoid for the power consumption i'm too on it and for a daily use it's good.

Paranoid use the theme application from CM11/PAC/ and others you need to download one (on the playstore for exemple and go to settings > theme and in style you can change the icons by apply one of your downloaded theme.

You shouldn't use ART even in KitKat this functionality is in beta and it's doesn't change nothing just some app don't work because they are not upgrade to run on ART.

Good Luck
 
expl8rer
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllery View Post
You are lucky many people don't like Paranoid for the power consumption i'm too on it and for a daily use it's good.

Paranoid use the theme application from CM11/PAC/ and others you need to download one (on the playstore for exemple and go to settings > theme and in style you can change the icons by apply one of your downloaded theme.

You shouldn't use ART even in KitKat this functionality is in beta and it's doesn't change nothing just some app don't work because they are not upgrade to run on ART.

Good Luck
Oh great,thank you

Do you recomend any other apps? for ram bosting,cpu setting,....?
 
Skyllery
Old
(Last edited by Skyllery; 26th August 2014 at 02:42 PM.)
#7  
Skyllery's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St-Denis Reunion
Quote:
Originally Posted by expl8rer View Post
Oh great,thank you

Do you recomend any other apps? for ram bosting,cpu setting,....?
Nos specially all you need is in the settings > performances or in SOP application i just have :

CleanMaster to clean memory

NotificationOff to hide DolbySound notification


But look others CM applications like CM browser (the fastest i know)

and i just have BuiltProp Editor to change the density

I don't need more but i think i will reinstall RAM manager i used it on my Galaxy S 2

If you have interessant app
 
expl8rer
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllery View Post
Nos specially all you need is in the settings > performances or in SOP application i just have :

CleanMaster to clean memory

NotificationOff to hide DolbySound notification


But look others CM applications like CM browser (the fastest i know)

and i just have BuiltProp Editor to change the density

I don't need more but i think i will reinstall RAM manager i used it on my Galaxy S 2

If you have interessant app

Okay,so i can download CM apps from google store or from net?
im runing this ROM for three days now and i dont have any problems except in google store i have to download app twice cause in first try i always get an error,but thats not a big problem

oh is there any site with free CM11 themes?
 
richish
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 219
Join Date: Dec 2011
I was on PA.
Nice ROM ,lot costumation, nice themes etc.
But i changed to AOSPA!!! Why ???
Its more clean i can add enything i whant with exposed or playstore and atutu score is bigger. I more happy with this rome,if i not play games it batery can hold about 2-3 days.

Here is some screens


Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409149739767.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (39.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 1409149759475.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (53.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 1409149768055.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (78.0 KB, 34 views)
If I Helped Hit Thanks
<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------THANKS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------

Vodafone u850 CM 7 <- first android phone

LG Optimus HUB CM 10.1
SOLD ^

LG L7 P700
SOLD ^

Huawei Ascend P6 AOSP 4.4.4 by tksla
 
Skyllery
Old
#10  
Skyllery's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St-Denis Reunion
Quote:
Originally Posted by expl8rer View Post
Okay,so i can download CM apps from google store or from net?
im runing this ROM for three days now and i dont have any problems except in google store i have to download app twice cause in first try i always get an error,but thats not a big problem

oh is there any site with free CM11 themes?
You can find lots of theme on XDA in themer section just search on the forum. Or in the playstore it's the most simple way to found good themes.

Quote:
I was on PA.
Nice ROM ,lot costumation, nice themes etc.
But i changed to AOSPA!!! Why ???
Its more clean i can add enything i whant with exposed or playstore and atutu score is bigger. I more happy with this rome,if i not play games it batery can hold about 2-3 days.

Here is some screens
AOSPA is Paranoid Android did you mean AOSP ?

AOSP is a too basic android version for me in AOSPA there is hover (notifications at the top), pie (for the immersive mod) and Peek in settings > display (for lockscreen notification)
And for theming you need Xposed and it's a bit more difficult to use than CM11theming app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes