Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei D2 bricked

Tip us?

seeyoul8r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Huawei D2 bricked

Hello everybody! Hope I've chosen right forum for this thread.
I've got problem with Huawei Ascend D2 - something wrong has happend with stock firmware (when the phone starts, the logo screen freezes), now I can load it only in recovery mode. The recovery is stock. I've downloaded stock firmware (update.app), so now I have to put it at sdcard/dload/ folder and then choose it in recovery mode. The phone is availble in ADB, I can see it and connect to it. But when I want to push update.app to this folder I got "Permission denied". I understand that I have to root the phone, but I don't know how to do it in ADB. Every solution that I've found required working firmware.

hannanzikrea
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyoul8r View Post
Hello everybody! Hope I've chosen right forum for this thread.
I've got problem with Huawei Ascend D2 - something wrong has happend with stock firmware (when the phone starts, the logo screen freezes), now I can load it only in recovery mode. The recovery is stock. I've downloaded stock firmware (update.app), so now I have to put it at sdcard/dload/ folder and then choose it in recovery mode. The phone is availble in ADB, I can see it and connect to it. But when I want to push update.app to this folder I got "Permission denied". I understand that I have to root the phone, but I don't know how to do it in ADB. Every solution that I've found required working firmware.
Put the update.APP in a folder "dload" on a SD card and than try the 3 button method i.e press vol + vol - and power button simultaneously. It should install firmware on ur d2 and will unbrick it !

seeyoul8r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannanzikrea View Post
Put the update.APP in a folder "dload" on a SD card and than try the 3 button method i.e press vol + vol - and power button simultaneously. It should install firmware on ur d2 and will unbrick it !
Thank you for your answer! But this phone doesn't have external SD card, that is the problem.
I tried to connect External 8Gb flashdrive with special cable (usb-microusb), but it doesn't see it.

Skyllery
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Thank you for your answer! But this phone doesn't have external SD card, that is the problem.
I tried to connect External 8Gb flashdrive with special cable (usb-microusb), but it doesn't see it.
You can try with and USB key with a cable adapter or pull the file to the internal storage with adb if you can connect to it

seeyoul8r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllery View Post
You can try with and USB key with a cable adapter or pull the file to the internal storage with adb if you can connect to it
Yes, I want to do it, but when I try to push file to sdcard/dload/ folder using ADB I got permission denied message.

Skyllery
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Yes, I want to do it, but when I try to push file to sdcard/dload/ folder using ADB I got permission denied message.
You need you authorize root to adb. Your phone is rooted ?

Search on the forum or google it's not an insolated problem

Good luck

Edit : Maybe this can help you http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-shell-android

seeyoul8r
Old
(Last edited by seeyoul8r; 24th August 2014 at 12:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
As I wrote in the headpost the main problem is to get root. I now how to authorisize it, but now the phone isn't rooted. All solutions to getting root required working main firmware, but for now it is damaged.

Skyllery
Old
(Last edited by Skyllery; 25th August 2014 at 03:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
As I wrote in the headpost the main problem is to get root. I now how to authorisize it, but now the phone isn't rooted. All solutions to getting root required working main firmware, but for now it is damaged.
You need to root it manually throught adb .. http://www.pocketables.com/2011/06/h...id-device.html

but you may have the same problem :/