Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Huawei D2 bricked

24th August 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello everybody! Hope I've chosen right forum for this thread.
I've got problem with Huawei Ascend D2 - something wrong has happend with stock firmware (when the phone starts, the logo screen freezes), now I can load it only in recovery mode. The recovery is stock. I've downloaded stock firmware (update.app), so now I have to put it at sdcard/dload/ folder and then choose it in recovery mode. The phone is availble in ADB, I can see it and connect to it. But when I want to push update.app to this folder I got "Permission denied". I understand that I have to root the phone, but I don't know how to do it in ADB. Every solution that I've found required working firmware.
24th August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 74

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyoul8r

Hello everybody! Hope I've chosen right forum for this thread.
I've got problem with Huawei Ascend D2 - something wrong has happend with stock firmware (when the phone starts, the logo screen freezes), now I can load it only in recovery mode. The recovery is stock. I've downloaded stock firmware (update.app), so now I have to put it at sdcard/dload/ folder and then choose it in recovery mode. The phone is availble in ADB, I can see it and connect to it. But when I want to push update.app to this folder I got "Permission denied". I understand that I have to root the phone, but I don't know how to do it in ADB. Every solution that I've found required working firmware.

Put the update.APP in a folder "dload" on a SD card and than try the 3 button method i.e press vol + vol - and power button simultaneously. It should install firmware on ur d2 and will unbrick it !
24th August 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannanzikrea

Put the update.APP in a folder "dload" on a SD card and than try the 3 button method i.e press vol + vol - and power button simultaneously. It should install firmware on ur d2 and will unbrick it !

Thank you for your answer! But this phone doesn't have external SD card, that is the problem.
I tried to connect External 8Gb flashdrive with special cable (usb-microusb), but it doesn't see it.
24th August 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag St-Denis Reunion
Thanks Meter: 30

94 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for your answer! But this phone doesn't have external SD card, that is the problem.
I tried to connect External 8Gb flashdrive with special cable (usb-microusb), but it doesn't see it.

You can try with and USB key with a cable adapter or pull the file to the internal storage with adb if you can connect to it
24th August 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllery

You can try with and USB key with a cable adapter or pull the file to the internal storage with adb if you can connect to it

Yes, I want to do it, but when I try to push file to sdcard/dload/ folder using ADB I got permission denied message.
24th August 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag St-Denis Reunion

94 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, I want to do it, but when I try to push file to sdcard/dload/ folder using ADB I got permission denied message.

You need you authorize root to adb. Your phone is rooted ?

Search on the forum or google it's not an insolated problem

Good luck

Edit : Maybe this can help you http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-shell-android
24th August 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
As I wrote in the headpost the main problem is to get root. I now how to authorisize it, but now the phone isn't rooted. All solutions to getting root required working main firmware, but for now it is damaged.
Last edited by seeyoul8r; 24th August 2014 at 12:34 PM.
24th August 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #8  
Flag St-Denis Reunion

94 posts
More
Quote:

As I wrote in the headpost the main problem is to get root. I now how to authorisize it, but now the phone isn't rooted. All solutions to getting root required working main firmware, but for now it is damaged.

You need to root it manually throught adb .. http://www.pocketables.com/2011/06/h...id-device.html

but you may have the same problem :/
Last edited by Skyllery; 25th August 2014 at 03:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread