No registration required

[Q] Problem with Omni Rom 4.4.2 & 4.4.4

OP Movestar

21st July 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Dear community.

I really have to solve this problem as I am going on holiday in 8 days and I dont want to use another ROM, as OmniROM runs best for me.
When I was on OmniROM 4.4.2 I was able to use the camera but not for video recording (also video playback in youtube just gave me sound and some horizontal lines - I can live without youtube but not without video recording).

Today I upgraded to 4.4.4 and I still have this issue.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to get video recording working? The kamera always crashes when I hit the record button....

Update: I just found out, that I cannot receive any more photos via telegram (whatsapp alternate) and if I shoot a foto, it doesnt save in the gallery. Not even anywhere, its just the sound.
When opening the gallery, no photos get displayed too. If I run the cam app and slide I can see the recently made photos (with 4.4.2)
Last edited by Movestar; 21st July 2014 at 10:39 AM.
21st July 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nousiainen
Thanks Meter: 106

343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movestar

Dear community.

I really have to solve this problem as I am going on holiday in 8 days and I dont want to use another ROM, as OmniROM runs best for me.
When I was on OmniROM 4.4.2 I was able to use the camera but not for video recording (also video playback in youtube just gave me sound and some horizontal lines - I can live without youtube but not without video recording).

Today I upgraded to 4.4.4 and I still have this issue.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to get video recording working? The kamera always crashes when I hit the record button....

Update: I just found out, that I cannot receive any more photos via telegram (whatsapp alternate) and if I shoot a foto, it doesnt save in the gallery. Not even anywhere, its just the sound.
When opening the gallery, no photos get displayed too. If I run the cam app and slide I can see the recently made photos (with 4.4.2)

Try wiping the internal storage via TWRP. Remember to make a backup first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ottomaani0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomaani0

Try wiping the internal storage via TWRP. Remember to make a backup first.

Thank you so much!!! You are my hero of the day.
Unfortunaly I forgot to backup the internal storage photos so they got lost now, but that was all which got deleted. So if anybody expects the same problems, backup your photos
21st July 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nousiainen
Thanks Meter: 106

343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movestar

Thank you so much!!! You are my hero of the day.
Unfortunaly I forgot to backup the internal storage photos so they got lost now, but that was all which got deleted. So if anybody expects the same problems, backup your photos

Happy to help[emoji106]
The Following User Says Thank You to Ottomaani0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread