Post Reply

Custom ROM

OP kriticar

24th August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Hi,

I am considering Ascend P7 as a new mobile phone. As I saw here, there is an option to root the phone which is a must for me.
I don't see any custom ROMs here. Looks like you are using only the official ROM.

Can someone explain the situation?

Regards.
24th August 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Still waiting....

I believe Huawei must release kernel source so the development can start.
25th August 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
arthios's Avatar
Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 29
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriticar

Hi,

I am considering Ascend P7 as a new mobile phone. As I saw here, there is an option to root the phone which is a must for me.
I don't see any custom ROMs here. Looks like you are using only the official ROM.

Can someone explain the situation?

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwolthuis

Still waiting....

I believe Huawei must release kernel source so the development can start.

Try these:
https://www.4shared.com/zip/cpGySD9q...05L07_V20.html
https://www.4shared.com/zip/KlUHlTVi...22_lishuo.html

See here as well: http://forum.xda-developers.com/asce...5-rom-t2851015

Both are stable. The HRT rom is deodexed, the other isn't. They are compatible with single sim phones. Don't know about dual sim though. Don't forget to backup before you try.
The Following User Says Thank You to arthios For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Thumbs up
Thanks.
24th October 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #5  
Ziółek's Avatar
Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Donate to Me
More
Is there any new custom rom for our devices ?

Huawei Ascend P7-10 by Tapatalk2
Last edited by Ziółek; 24th October 2014 at 06:48 AM.
27th October 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #6  
Ziółek's Avatar
Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthios

Try these:
https://www.4shared.com/zip/cpGySD9q...05L07_V20.html
https://www.4shared.com/zip/KlUHlTVi...22_lishuo.html

See here as well: http://forum.xda-developers.com/asce...5-rom-t2851015

Both are stable. The HRT rom is deodexed, the other isn't. They are compatible with single sim phones. Don't know about dual sim though. Don't forget to backup before you try.


Do You have a new version HRT rom full translated to english lang ? May by any project source link ?
Last edited by Ziółek; 27th October 2014 at 09:50 PM.
28th October 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #7  
arthios's Avatar
Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 29
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziółek

Do You have a new version HRT rom full translated to english lang ? May by any project source link ?

Try this: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6Qn...xport=download
This is the ROM as originally developed. It's fully deodexed and not password protected. All of the tweaks are in Chinese. For English translations you need to substitute 2 apks which are here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zg&usp=sharing
So, backup your phone, flash the zip, then using a file manager such as FX substitute the 2 apks and reboot your phone.

There is a later version of this ROM (V4.0) but the only extra tweaks relate to resizing the nav bar and waking the phone using the vol button. The author of this ROM will probably release a new version soon which will incorporate EMUI3.0 and various tweaks.

The Following User Says Thank You to arthios For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes