Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] hrt p7 l07-l05 rom

Tip us?

arthios
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [q] hrt p7 l07-l05 rom

Just a question to those who are using this ROM: has anyone worked out what all of those Chinese language settings (found under settings) are for?
Ascend P7-L07, HRT_P7_L05L07_V2.0 custom ROM, SuperSu, TWRP, Xposed 2.5

andromodgod
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthios View Post
Just a question to those who are using this ROM: has anyone worked out what all of those Chinese language settings (found under settings) are for?
Well Most Of It I Have Switched On ... And It Does Its Job Like .. If You Tap On The Top Right Corner of the Status Bar Phone Turns Off ... And There is Also An Option for OG Battery Mod ... And If You Swipe on The Status Bar IT Does The Same AS Holding The Power Button ... Rest is CHinese and Call Recording Option I Guess
Ascend P7-L10
Running HRT_P7_L05L07_V2.0
Rooted , TWRP ,Stock Based 4.4.2 Rom
My Phone
The Following User Says Thank You to andromodgod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arthios
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromodgod View Post
Well Most Of It I Have Switched On ... And It Does Its Job Like .. If You Tap On The Top Right Corner of the Status Bar Phone Turns Off ... And There is Also An Option for OG Battery Mod ... And If You Swipe on The Status Bar IT Does The Same AS Holding The Power Button ... Rest is CHinese and Call Recording Option I Guess
Thanks for your feedback. I've been able to translate nearly all of the Chinese strings to English. The modified APK is attached. The option under Settings is still in Chinese and one of the options in the Power Off menu is Chinese as well. If I knew where they were stored I'd amend those as well. The APK is in the /system/priv-app folder. All you have to do is overwrite the existing one with the modified one.
Attached Files
File Type: apk P7-AdvanceSetting.apk - [Click for QR Code] (291.3 KB, 33 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to arthios For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andromodgod
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. I've been able to translate nearly all of the Chinese strings to English. The modified APK is attached. The option under Settings is still in Chinese and one of the options in the Power Off menu is Chinese as well. If I knew where they were stored I'd amend those as well. The APK is in the /system/priv-app folder. All you have to do is overwrite the existing one with the modified one.
It Works !!!!
Ascend P7-L10
My Phone

andromodgod
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Also Xposed 2.5 and Latest Gravity Box Are Also Working ... I Got Advanced Reboot Menu in English with GB and Also Got Screen Recording Option But That Doesn't Work ... You Should Also Try Xposed and GB
Ascend P7-L10
My Phone

arthios
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromodgod View Post
Also Xposed 2.5 and Latest Gravity Box Are Also Working ... I Got Advanced Reboot Menu in English with GB and Also Got Screen Recording Option But That Doesn't Work ... You Should Also Try Xposed and GB
There's a new update for the L07 variant. Build 124. I tried it but couldn't see any difference and Xposed doesn't install. So, back to the HRT rom, installed Xposed and GB. All is well. Because Xposed doesn't sit well with the Emotion UI, I installed Apex Pro and the KitKat theme. The phone looks great! So thanks for the hint.

arthios
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Settings.apk update

I'm pleased to say I finally managed to get the Chinese language strings in the Settings.apk translated to English. The revised apk can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Q...it?usp=sharing

All you have to do is replace the apk and restart your phone.

Please note this apk is only suitable for those using the HRT_P7_L05L07_V2.0 ROM

Tested, working, seems stable.

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more