TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[q] hrt p7 l07-l05 rom

OP arthios

18th August 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 35

92 posts
Just a question to those who are using this ROM: has anyone worked out what all of those Chinese language settings (found under settings) are for?
18th August 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Farwaniya
Thanks Meter: 112

232 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthios

Just a question to those who are using this ROM: has anyone worked out what all of those Chinese language settings (found under settings) are for?

Well Most Of It I Have Switched On ... And It Does Its Job Like .. If You Tap On The Top Right Corner of the Status Bar Phone Turns Off ... And There is Also An Option for OG Battery Mod ... And If You Swipe on The Status Bar IT Does The Same AS Holding The Power Button ... Rest is CHinese and Call Recording Option I Guess
The Following User Says Thank You to andromodgod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromodgod

Well Most Of It I Have Switched On ... And It Does Its Job Like .. If You Tap On The Top Right Corner of the Status Bar Phone Turns Off ... And There is Also An Option for OG Battery Mod ... And If You Swipe on The Status Bar IT Does The Same AS Holding The Power Button ... Rest is CHinese and Call Recording Option I Guess

Thanks for your feedback. I've been able to translate nearly all of the Chinese strings to English. The modified APK is attached. The option under Settings is still in Chinese and one of the options in the Power Off menu is Chinese as well. If I knew where they were stored I'd amend those as well. The APK is in the /system/priv-app folder. All you have to do is overwrite the existing one with the modified one.
Attached Files
File Type: apk P7-AdvanceSetting.apk - [Click for QR Code] (291.3 KB, 62 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to arthios For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag Farwaniya

232 posts
More
Smile
Quote:

Thanks for your feedback. I've been able to translate nearly all of the Chinese strings to English. The modified APK is attached. The option under Settings is still in Chinese and one of the options in the Power Off menu is Chinese as well. If I knew where they were stored I'd amend those as well. The APK is in the /system/priv-app folder. All you have to do is overwrite the existing one with the modified one.

It Works !!!!
21st August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Farwaniya

232 posts
More
Smile
Quote:

Also Xposed 2.5 and Latest Gravity Box Are Also Working ... I Got Advanced Reboot Menu in English with GB and Also Got Screen Recording Option But That Doesn't Work ... You Should Also Try Xposed and GB
25th August 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromodgod

Also Xposed 2.5 and Latest Gravity Box Are Also Working ... I Got Advanced Reboot Menu in English with GB and Also Got Screen Recording Option But That Doesn't Work ... You Should Also Try Xposed and GB

There's a new update for the L07 variant. Build 124. I tried it but couldn't see any difference and Xposed doesn't install. So, back to the HRT rom, installed Xposed and GB. All is well. Because Xposed doesn't sit well with the Emotion UI, I installed Apex Pro and the KitKat theme. The phone looks great! So thanks for the hint.
8th September 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

92 posts
Settings.apk update
I'm pleased to say I finally managed to get the Chinese language strings in the Settings.apk translated to English. The revised apk can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Q...it?usp=sharing

All you have to do is replace the apk and restart your phone.

Please note this apk is only suitable for those using the HRT_P7_L05L07_V2.0 ROM

Tested, working, seems stable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread