Switch to US network?

Search This thread

iceflow420

Dec 4, 2009
The "I.C."
Been looking at the radio specs on this ( compared to HTC One) and it seems the GSM/UTS and LTE bands/frequency are all the same except for one of the LTE. The 800Mhz uses band 20 while the HTC One uses band 18. The 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz match.

Would this preclude it from working on Sprint?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app

Linuxslate

Jan 13, 2009
linuxslate.com
Please see this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/help/verions-p7-t2838058

It shows the different versions of the P7 for use in different countries.

I don't think it will work at all on Sprint, as Sprint is a CDMA network.

Also -- again -- My understanding -- is that the Chinese CDMA (TD-SCDMA) is an entirely and completely different thing (different frequencies, different protocols) than the US Sprint/Verizon CDMA. The P7-L00 would not have 4G at all (and spotty or no 3G) in the US.

For the P7-L10 ("International Version") it would work as follows:

It will work as a basic 2G phone on AT&T or T-Mobile in the US.

It should work on AT&T or T-Mobile 3G in some areas, but since it is only quad band - (No 850MHz band - Not penta band) it may not work in all areas.

4G LTE will not work on AT&T or T-Mobile, or on any provider I know of in the US.

AT&T uses Band 17(700Mhz), Band 5(850Mhz), Band 2(1900Mhz), Band 4(1700/2100Mhz)
T-Mobile uses (apparently) only Band 4(1700/2100Mhz)

The P7-L10 uses LTE: B1/B3/B7/B8/B20

No overlap means no 4G at all.

There is supposed to be a P7-L16 international version that may have different 3G/4G bands, but apparently it has not shipped yet, or at least I do not know where to buy one.

Note, however that it does have WiFi, so as long as you do not mind paying a premium for 4G LTE that will not work at all, you'll have plenty of data connectivity as long as you have WiFi available.

Hope that this helps. This is what I have found in my research, as I would really like to buy one of these phones, but as mentioned, I cannot see paying the price these phones sell for, and then have no 4G at all.

Those in the know, or who have one in the US, please comment/correct.