Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,537 Members 49,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][Unofficial] CyanogenMod CM-11.0

Tip us?

jdog1989
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I get about 9 hours battery life with WiFi on. No scrolling stutter. Its pretty snappy actually. I kind of wonder if the jbx kernel is placebo?

atrix 2 cm11

shubham1120
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog1989 View Post
I get about 9 hours battery life with WiFi on. No scrolling stutter. Its pretty snappy actually. I kind of wonder if the jbx kernel is placebo?

atrix 2 cm11
Might be.. But any differences are too subtle to notice. The real distinguishing factor comes in gaming. Try temple run 2 with max settings. It lags in stock kernel(more like stutter here and there). I've seen better performance with jbx. Again maybe something related to broken init. Next jbx update might fix it..?
Completed two GREAT years with atrix 2 on 1/8/2014 and still going strong!!

jdog1989
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Then y don't we modify our kexec kernel to fix that issue instead of spending many days and weeks building and updating and testing a kernel that realistically only improves gaming?

atrix 2 cm11

Jack Sparrow xda
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham1120 View Post
I think not.. I get 3 hours screen on with network on and WiFi time of 3-4 hours I believe. But performance has decreased a bit with time. I know it's due to stock kernel. Especially scroll stutter . I'm on art
Try out dalvik, ART seems bit laggy these days in the 4.4.4 ROMs. I think ART was good in the 4.4.2

jdog1989
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I was the exact opposite. I had scrolling stutter and delay when opening apps on dalvik. Converted to ART and 15 minutes later problems gone.

atrix 2 cm11