I flashed my stock ROM for the first time. I thought i would write a bit about the process and my impression of the ROM.
This is what I did:
- Download the ROM zip and place on the SD card.
- Download the corresponding gapps and place on SD card
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your phone are up to date
- Root the Phone. You will find the *.bat file that i used for rooting Atrix 2 in the forum itself.
- Install BMM. I read on a lot of places that BMM is dead but it was recommended by my ROM's web page so i stuck with it.
- Boot into BMM's recovery console.
- Select System 1 (or system 3-6 in case you want to multi boot)
- Take Fast/Full Backup
- Take backup of CID
- you still want to ahead? this is the point of no return.
- wipe stuff. the console has a section dedicated to wiping various type of data
- format /system, format /cache, format /data
- Flash the ROM zip
- When Flashing is done, BMM will auto install BMM on the same partition. if that is not done, manually install BMM on system 1 using System Keeper
- Flash the gapps zip
- Reboot and enjoy.
My Impressions of Mokee:
- Much faster than stock
tons of options that i am yet to explore
very stable, no crashes at all
Looks and feels like AOSP which i like
- Battery drain. My battery got drained in 6-7 hours. I am still investigating this.
Huge icons. So far haven't found how to make them smaller. More irritating that a critical issues though.