FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] android 5.0 on atrix 2?

12th April 2015, 09:54 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
mokee
mokee rom confirms lollipop for a2
16th April 2015, 05:33 AM |#33  
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 985

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerm02

Is this bypass the SELinux enforcement helpful to us ?

Hey Sam, thanks for pointing me in that direction to ask the poster of that hack how he pulled it off . Turned out that he tried an idea I once had to disable SELinux at the kernel level, but was skeptical in actually trying it so I never bothered until now.

Unfortunately, it turned out that I still can't get the old test CM12 booting in BMM (using the older META-INF android folder from CM11). I was spending most of this week figuring out how to make only the kernel/module parts where I disabled SELinux in the device's Boardconfig according to previous instructions. I finally got everything setup, learned the right steps and properly built the kernel parts but the rom still bootloops on the boot animation...

I wanted to give it another shot, but it's just not meant to be since the only viable, yet worst possible option is Safestrap (which nobody is working on anymore). It was worth the try at least so I'm grateful that you went through the trouble.:thumbup: Take care guys!

Sent from the Ace's Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aceofzeroz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 08:15 AM |#34  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 175

Donate to Me
More
We all are always thankful to you Ace (or anyone who is helping backstage) for your hard work in keeping the device still alive

I just had a doubt/question, Why it is not possible to port safestrap for device

@arnab told me that, someone might be working on it
The Following User Says Thank You to sameerm02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 08:37 AM |#35  
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 985

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerm02

We all are always thankful to you Ace (or anyone who is helping backstage) for your hard work in keeping the device still alive

I just had a doubt/question, Why it is not possible to port safestrap for device

@arnab told me that, someone might be working on it

I'm honestly just as puzzled as you are, as was everyone else who was working on the initial porting. The actual main issue that still persists to this day is that it can't boot any KK or above roms, hence it can't run LP roms like we need it to.

Just can't figure it out up till now, so it'd need someone really good with android coding to solve it, which is what we completely lack now.

Sent from the Ace's Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aceofzeroz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread