By jdog1989lycro, Junior Member on 23rd August 2014, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th July 2015, 03:17 PM |#41  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow xda

TWRP recovery is available for Atrix 4G, isn't that positive sign to restart the dev process for A2 as well?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Remember Atrix 4G has NVIDIA Tegra chipset, while our A2 has TI OMAP, so nothing is common except the first name.
The Following User Says Thank You to XploitMachine For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th July 2015, 11:36 PM |#42  
Flag Nowhere, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 734

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XploitMachine

Remember Atrix 4G has NVIDIA Tegra chipset, while our A2 has TI OMAP, so nothing is common except the first name.

Above all else the number one reason there isn't a recovery that doesn't require a boot hijack method can be summed up in two words. Locked bootloader. That is what prevents over writing the stock recovery. If it wasn't for that there would've likely been a whole lot more development for this device both in the past as well as in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1BadWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2015, 12:20 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixNghi

No, I don't think so. I'm using Galaxy Tab 2 on 5.1.1, everything is smooth, better than KitKat, and the specs of Tab 2 and Atrix 2 are similar

The new partition handling of apps would be necessary. Being limited to 1gb max, extended from the stock on the Atrix 2 - is still barely enough after gapps and a browser. Hmm, I've yet to have a reasonably fast rom (without memory leaks) on the Atrix 2. This device just doesn't get the optimization that Galaxy devices get.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread