OP androidnewbie123

24th July 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #11  
Flag Nowhere, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 616

1,233 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidnewbie123

[*]I don't want to have multi boot or partitions, installing CM11 as the default boot is preferable.

If you don't want multiple partitions the don't set any up. Just skip that part. I never use more than one ROM either.

Quote:

[*]It would be cool if I could get quick help on installing BMM, it's very confusing.

Download the app, open it, select "install". Done.

Quote:

[*]Also, flashing the ROM with BMM is also very confusing.

Reboot the phone. After the Motorola logo you'll see an green android with spinning gears. Within 3 seconds tap on the android. Then select "recovery". Go to "wipe and clean" and do a factory reset. Go back and select "install zip package", then "install zip from storage". Choose the file from your SD card using the volume keys to navigate and power to select. Install gapps the same way then reboot. Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1BadWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #12  
Flag North London : Fortress of Gooners
Thanks Meter: 110

381 posts
More

I can rephrase my queries.
What I'm having issues with is:

• I don't want to have multi boot or partitions, installing CM11 as the default boot is preferable.
  • It would be cool if I could get quick help on installing BMM, it's very confusing.
  • Also, flashing the ROM with BMM is also very confusing.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Rooted phone.

Ok...i will try to keep it as simple as i can

1) It would be cool if I could get quick help on installing BMM, it's very confusing.
Ans :
Please , i say please if u want to go somewhere with your A2 , u hav to start loving BMM and love it truely madly deeply because without it A2 wouldnt get any of the goodies it has.The video is confusing i agree..i didnt do it when the video was out...Its fairly simple you know...here i list the easy steps..follow them 1 by 1 and do it simultaneously with your device....it wont be difficult...
You can find the complete instructions in the quote below :

>Download and install BMM from google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otmenu.manager
>Our phone does not have a partition for internal storage.. so we use the data partition for it.. To do so, just open a root browser like root explorer and navigate to /etc/bmm/conf
>Open "recovery.fstab" with a text editor
The last line will be something like this

/int vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p25

Just change 'vfat' to 'auto' and 'mmcblk1p25' to 'userdata' (its the same though..)
So that it looks like this

/int auto /dev/block/userdata

and of course save it and close it..
Done.. you are good to go.. Happy Multi Booting..
Just some tips

On your first reboot, tap the android, go to settings-->System_2-->Partition setup and tap on ACTIVATE. This formats cdrom partition to ext2.
Now go back 2 two steps, and select any other system(3-6). choose Partition setup, tap on system.img, tap on Create, select the size, create it. go back and do the same with data.img and cache.img.
Once thats done, go back and select recovery, select switch system. choose your system that you created the images for, the colour will change, install any custom rom.. Enjoy!!

NOTE: BMM stores the images in internal memory(/int/clockworkmod/virtual/system_(num)). Since we dont have emmc partition and are using the data partition for /int, doing a factory reset will wipe it out and you will lose all your other roms.. So be carefull..

NOTE 2: USE ONLY SYSTEMS 3 TO 6 FOR CUSTOM ROMS.. SUSTEM 2 IS CDROM PARTITION.. YOU ACTIVATE IT ONCE AND DONE.. DONT TOUCH IT AGAIN.. ITS ONLY 12MB..

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL BMM IF YOU USED A2 BOOTSTRAPPER BEFORE. THAT WILL MESS THINGS UP WITH YOUR LOGWRAPPER.BIN. THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL BOOT LOOP AFTER REBOOT. NOW IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DID NOT READ THIS, AND GET A MESSAGE ABOUT BMM ASKING YOU TO GET HELP, BEST THING FOR YOU TO DO IS RECHARGE YOUR BATTERY FULLY AND FXZ BACK. OR THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL HAVE TO USE MCGRUVYER METHOD OR ANOTHER A2 BATTERY. USER RAD7 RECENTLY HAD QUITE A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH HIS BATTERY DYING AFTER BMM MESSED WITH LOGWRAPPER. YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED.

2) I don't want to have multi boot or partitions, installing CM11 as the default boot is preferable.
Ans :You dont need to multi boot mandatorily.You can flash any ROM of your choice on system 1. That will be the only single ROM you have on your device...
Again..really sorry..BMM is the way...You hav to learn to love it....and it will love your phone back

3) Also, flashing the ROM with BMM is also very confusing.
Ans : After you install and go through the UI once. I bet it will be the simplest thing you ever used..Even more simple than the FB app u regularly use
24th July 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #13  
Thanks to both of you guys
Installed BMM, but need to flash ROM on system 1. Don't really care about multi boot.. how do I just do that with BMM? o.O
24th July 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #14  
Flag Nowhere, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 616

1,233 posts
More
Quote:

thanks to both of you guys :d
installed bmm, but need to flash rom on system 1. Don't really care about multi boot.. How do i just do that with bmm? O.o

↓↓↓↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badwolf

reboot the phone. After the motorola logo you'll see an green android with spinning gears. Within 3 seconds tap on the android. Then select "recovery". Go to "wipe and clean" and do a factory reset. Go back and select "install zip package", then "install zip from storage". Choose the file from your sd card using the volume keys to navigate and power to select. Install gapps the same way then reboot. Done.

24th July 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #15  
Flag North London : Fortress of Gooners
Thanks Meter: 110

381 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Thanks to both of you guys
Installed BMM, but need to flash ROM on system 1. Don't really care about multi boot.. how do I just do that with BMM? o.O

Also remember ..as you are going to install on system 1...only BANKS MINIMAL GAPPS will work...Link to BANKS Minimal is there in the CM11 thread by ALtered
Happy flashing
The Following User Says Thank You to swaggy123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #16  
Thank you all people, I managed to do it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CyanogenMod 11
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread