Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internal Memory : How to get maximum free space?

Tip us?

Jack Sparrow xda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggy123 View Post
Yes..the Problem with MB865 indian version on ICS is we dont have access to the internal memory
When we flash to JB Leak 3...We are now accessible to Internal memory...After having JB Leak 3 on sys 1 .. . Any rom you install over Sys1 is going to give u access to all of the INTERNAL memory

Go to this thread for JB LEak 3 installation

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2092107
Thanks swaggy123 for the links but now a confusion, I don't have stock ICS ROM on my phone and running a kitkat ROM in system 1. The flashing steps are for the stock ICS I think. How do I install the JB leak now over the current Kitkat? And my phone is already rooted, do I need to unroot it?

Another thing I noticed in the JB leak thread that the Motorola had removed webdock support in the their JB and I guess that webdock thing was consuming the extra space. Isn't there any other way to remove the webdock related things from the phone. Maybe we can free up the space if its possible to remove webdock things.

noranora
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow xda View Post
Thanks swaggy123 for the links but now a confusion, I don't have stock ICS ROM on my phone and running a kitkat ROM in system 1. The flashing steps are for the stock ICS I think. How do I install the JB leak now over the current Kitkat? And my phone is already rooted, do I need to unroot it?

Another thing I noticed in the JB leak thread that the Motorola had removed webdock support in the their JB and I guess that webdock thing was consuming the extra space. Isn't there any other way to remove the webdock related things from the phone. Maybe we can free up the space if its possible to remove webdock things.
As for flashing thing, just do a normal fxz through rsd. Boot into fastboot mode and voila. Basically you'll get stock rom on your phone. So you need to root it if you want to embark on flashing custom roms. As for other things, nah. I'll leave to swaggy to answer btw, jb leak was never officially released to our device.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noranora For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack Sparrow xda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by noranora View Post
As for flashing thing, just do a normal fxz through rsd. Boot into fastboot mode and voila. Basically you'll get stock rom on your phone.
Actually I am not familiar with FXZ, neither I know whats RSD. And that fastboot? is that the boot menu which we get on stock phone by pressing volume+power buttons? How to get that back? And stock ROM? I am running Kitkat ROM right now and don't have stock ROM with me so how will I get the stock rom back? Or you mean flashing that JB leak ROM? But how exactly to flash that over a Kitkat ROM? There aren't any clear cut instructions, whichever are available seems like for PROs only.

I know only one thing - BMM, nothing else. Even I rooted my phone long ago after updating to official ICS

sameerm02
Old
(Last edited by sameerm02; 9th July 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 126
Try this for fxz to jb leak

its a great guide with pictures, all details like RSD, fastboot are given here
Android Device history:
--->> HTC Buzz (With CM7) {retired}
--->> Motorola Atrix 2 (MultiBoot with 4.4.4 Custom ROM's)
--->> Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (with AxxionKat ROM)
--->> LG G2 !! (With Stock 4.4.2)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sameerm02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swaggy123
Old
(Last edited by swaggy123; 9th July 2014 at 03:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Thumbs up Keep Calm !!

Quote:
Actually I am not familiar with FXZ, neither I know whats RSD. And that fastboot? is that the boot menu which we get on stock phone by pressing volume+power buttons? How to get that back? And stock ROM? I am running Kitkat ROM right now and don't have stock ROM with me so how will I get the stock rom back? Or you mean flashing that JB leak ROM? But how exactly to flash that over a Kitkat ROM? There aren't any clear cut instructions, whichever are available seems like for PROs only.

I know only one thing - BMM, nothing else. Even I rooted my phone long ago after updating to official ICS
Ok .. i sense PANIC around here :P
You have got a valid question there....Even i am also not sure if we can try JB Leak 3 over custom ROMs running on System 1 ..because i never needed to FXZ...One thing for sure u can FXZ to ICS without any issue....
So i suggest first FXZ to ICS...then Flash JB Leak 3 according to the video i posted.....It works 100% i guarantee....
Once on JB Leak 3 on system 1 ...you can have the full bounty of 6.2 GB...
Thats all i can suggest...Sorry BRO it seems TEDIOUS....But nothing is simple with our A2...
And about removing Webtop FROM stock ICS...I dont think it will be possible....It will cause bootloop...I could be wrong as well...Because when its Atrix2 anything is possible

And this definitely is not for pros my bro....I did all these when i knew nothing about my A2...absolutely nothing :P
My A2 turned 2 years

System 1 : Carbon Aug 23 build{Awesome}
System 3 : PAC with baseband issues
Motorola L6 -> Motorola E6e -> Motorola Atrix 2 -> Moto G (8 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to swaggy123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noranora
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:

What pro? swaggy and sameer are right. And oh. You might also want to refer to altered's thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1909319

Yes. That fastboot. And what do you mean how to get that back? You can just press the three buttons combination. Bmm just hijack in initial boot process. It is never been a replacement for stock recovery. Grab the jb leak file you want to flash. And follow the step in altered's thread. You can try swaggy method too. Of course which one is appear to be convenient for you. I've never tried it out. Yet. For some reason I'm sticking to ics. And I only use rsd method. You might want to snoop around this forum. Everything is in here. The reason we use rsd for flashing is because some key thing. And jb leak apparently meant to be released from motorola. Somehow I don't really remember it how the story goes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noranora For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack Sparrow xda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Thanks everyone for your responses.
Now something went inside my mind. Looks a tedious but doable task. Will try when I will find some spare time in bulk

devilhunter47
Old
Thanks Meter 223
My wifi not working on jb leaks 1 and 3..working fine with ics and kk..i directly fxz from Axxionkat to jb leak 3..still wifi not working..have tried factory reset repeat fxz etc..any idea guys??