Originally Posted by farzii
The power button of my atrix 2 is not working. I want to renap it to camera button, with sane fuctionality. I have tried using button remapper by it doesn't have option for camera button. I have tried searching in forums too but didnt find right answer as they were for other devices and also i want to use the camera button in recovery too. There was some script i came across some time ago but cudnt find it
Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app
Welcome to A2 section farzii
there is no working method for making camera button to work as a power button, don't waste your time cause I've searched and tried a lot of those mapping methods and Xposed modules....THE ONLY WAY to save your trickle power button is to use volume rocker
(buttons) as a power button, they works great and you will even get 2 power buttons
(volume UP) and (volume DOWN).
The method is really simple...but first you've to root your A2 (you can search the help
forum for HOW TO)
2) install Xposed framework
(xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d) is the latest version.
3) install (XposedInstallerStaticBusyBox_v1
) if you're on a custom rom.
4) Installation of the framework:
Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
5) install xposed additions
6) now open Xposed and activate xposed additions module.
7) Reboot again.
8) open xposed additions and select "Buttons" then "Add new Key".
9) now press volume up (or down).
10) a new button will be added called volume up (press it and choose "add new condition" then press "Screen off"
11) a new option will appear called "SCREEN OFF no active condition" now press it to choose the condition
12) Now activate the "Click Action" option by pressing its right (check-in) mark then choose it and select "Power Key 26"
voila! you've a new power button
if you want to set the volume down also just do the same above but when prompt to ask for pressing the key just press vol. down
To make it easier for you....all file required are provided in the attachments