Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved][Q] Wheres my droid + factory reset = unable to unlock phone from lockscreen

Tip us?

krisando
Old
(Last edited by krisando; 24th August 2014 at 12:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Prompt [Solved][Q] Wheres my droid + factory reset = unable to unlock phone from lockscreen

My brother sold my mum his old phone and used factory reset, forgetting that he installed where's my droid, it was locked. He hoped that flashing (only updated so far to ICS), would unlock the device.

Unfortunately it did not. And I believe I need to be able to access the device to root it, with the method I'm following.

Is anybody familiar with where's my droid and whether the locking is permanent? Does the control panel (if there is one? for WMD) allow you to manage devices like Google's device manager?

This is really stressful, I am at a loss with what can be done.

krisando
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Oh wow, I feel like a right sod.

Apparently you can't unlock this device without a sim card, after a factory reset. Once a sim card was inserted, it just worked.
There's just so much love on this forum, it makes me want to cry.
The Following User Says Thank You to krisando For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hugh a
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisando View Post
Oh wow, I feel like a right sod.

Apparently you can't unlock this device without a sim card, after a factory reset. Once a sim card was inserted, it just worked.
i feel you!