Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] CM 11 ( Android 4.4.4 ) for Atrix (BigPart)

OP Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

27th November 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #841  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 6

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolesApart

V3m behaves like that when you plug usb, i.e. it attaches the storage by default and kills any running app that uses the sdcard. v3 didn't do this by default, you had to click on the interface to use storage. As for disappearing apps, if you unmount or reboot and the app doesn't come back, that would be a bug.

The fact is that using usb storage like that is obsolete and that may partially explain why cm11 isn't supporting it flawlessly. The "correct" way nowadays is for the kernel to provide MTP/MTD support and the UI uses that. With that implemented, USB storage doesn't need to be switched between android and usb, it's used concurrently (and safely I may add). Android won't kill apps running on the sdcard and so they won't disappear, not even momentarily.

There are two requirements to have that: our kernel currently lacks (AFAIK) this support *and* it should be supported by the rom too. I have no clue if CM11 implements that and what would be needed to have that working, all I know is that my wife's moto e have this implemented in it's kitkat and it works great.

Also there's the behavior in v3m that it automounts. I don't know if that's mandated by cm11 nowadays or if maybe @Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV tweaked some option when building the rom.

EDIT: It seems that you can go to configuration -> applications -> press the "..." on upper right -> usb connection and disable mass storage if all you want is charging mode.

If someone is close to the computer and want to try if either mtp or mtd works, please do so. I know at least one of then is not implemented in our kernel but the other should. Linux supports both, I think recent windows too, please try.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Wifi or 3g? Moderate or light usage?

Thanks, I've switched to MTP, will test, also my battery lasts around 9 hours, but I think it's dying.

Other thing, the
Data Usage on configuration crashes upon entering that section, I believe this is not v3m related but more cyanogen issue...
Need to change it since my data plan has been updated and will stop my data service before I use all the mbs provided.
27th November 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #842  
Thanks Meter: 17

127 posts
When I try to open calendar app, ask me to log my Google account but i cant log in. Therefore cant use calendar and events , can you please fix it?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Free mobile app
27th November 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #843  
Thanks Meter: 30

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torecdude

When I try to open calendar app, ask me to log my Google account but i cant log in. Therefore cant use calendar and events , can you please fix it?
Sent from my MB860 using XDA Free mobile app

Try to remove your Google account in general phone settings. Reboot the phone and sign within up agan.
It worked for me sometimes.
27th November 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #844  
Flag Buenos Aires

74 posts
More
I've been trying to fix the GMaps 9.1.0 FC issue, tried to install the updated PA GApps Full Modular Package but still sems to be broke, need help about how i can provide an log.

I really do want to this rom to be just perfect and the best.
27th November 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #845  
Thanks Meter: 8

60 posts
More
Just queries, why don't you use Waze instead of Google maps.?
We need to use the best fit apps for our favorite ROM.

Sent from my Atrix4G MB860 KitKat, Z's V3, P's Kernel 21-11-14 ,using XDA Free mobile app
27th November 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #846  
Thanks Meter: 30

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556

I've been trying to fix the GMaps 9.1.0 FC issue, tried to install the updated PA GApps Full Modular Package but still sems to be broke, need help about how i can provide an log.
I really do want to this rom to be just perfect and the best.

Google maps app is incompatible to any device based on Tegra2. Have 3 different devices on T2. Confirme It.
The Following User Says Thank You to nozorrog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:05 AM   |  #847  
Flag Buenos Aires

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozorrog

Google maps app is incompatible to any device based on Tegra2. Have 3 different devices on T2. Confirme It.

So, as always Google effing up the apps, may switch to OsmAnd then.
Yesterday, 09:41 AM   |  #848  
Thanks Meter: 85

141 posts
More
Lollipop ?
@Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV,

Will our phones taste lollipop? Let us know if there are some progress in that.
Any ROM that just boots is good enough. I think P's kernel is good enough to keep most of the hardwares functional.

Do share us the problems so that we can contribute to something.
Yesterday, 10:19 AM   |  #849  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 671

1,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruzen

@Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV,

Will our phones taste lollipop? Let us know if there are some progress in that.
Any ROM that just boots is good enough. I think P's kernel is good enough to keep most of the hardwares functional.

Do share us the problems so that we can contribute to something.

He did hint at a Christmas gift a short while ago

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:39 PM   |  #850  
Thanks Meter: 85

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

He did hint at a Christmas gift a short while ago

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Great.. Will there be TWRP recovery? My volume keys dont work anymore and hence i couldnt install v3m. V3+P's kernel work great.

I am desparate to see 5.0 and i think TWRP recovery would be helpful for me.. Let me know if TWRP can be used as an alternative to CM recovery that is available in OP.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread