Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CM10 superlite: Screen lock on active call, requires battery removal.

OP PeaceKeeper268

2nd September 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Howdy,

I'm currently running CM10 superlite http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2180695 I have installed the bluesleep fix, but on reading all the information about that, this problem seems separate anyway.

Every time there is an active call, my screen locks as though the prox sensor has been tripped, and the screen will not unlock by any means other than battery removal. This is only while the call is active. If, say, the other person ends the call, I can unlock the screen with the power button as normal. The phone is not sleeping, the screen(and seemingly all input methods) is simply being disabled during the call. I had a call open for 2 hours this weekend because neither of us hung up. I only found out 2 hours later when I took the phone out of my pocket and heard him talking to his wife. hah!

It happens instantly when a call is picked up. No delay, no proximity activation required. When making a call, it happens the very moment you press the "send/call" button. I am trying very hard to remember if this has been happening since I installed the ROM, but can't be positive. I just installed it about a week ago, and can't for the life of me remember if I accessed my voice-mail during that time, prior to today(when trying to delete a message became an issue), but I'm 90% I didn't, meaning this has likely been happening since the install.

I have tried manually increasing the min cpu speed, but, this fix seems to be for a sleep problem, which this doesn't seem to be. It had no effect. All other threads that describe similar problems are either about different ROMs, and/or appear to be about actual sleep mode issues.

I am very happy with this ROM(this issue aside), and have spent a considerable amount of time tweaking and installing things that I really do not feel like doing again. I'm not the type of person who enjoys flashing their phone every other day.

Thanks in advance.
2nd September 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
*updated info*

It seems that either using a headset or plugging one in will prevent/fix this problem. It keeps the screen from locking when making a call, and will unlock it if you are already on a call with the screen locked and unresponsive rear/volume buttons. Technically I used headphones, not a headset, but I am guessing it's the same mechanism.

I have tried adjusting any setting related to headsets and screen locking that I can find within the call settings, and anywhere else I can find one that looks related. No luck. Only workaround is plugging in my headphones... which I don't always carry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread