Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ghost fingers

Tip us?
 
lincer556
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Buenos Aires
Phone [Q] Ghost fingers

Hello XDA users, ive been having a lot of issues on my ATRIX Touchscreen, sometimes the screen gets stuck with a some weird case of ghost fingers on my touchscreen that has became more and more annoying these last days because my touch gets stuck, or just open's a hell lot of apps or screens, or just tries to swipe al over and get stuck.

To 'temp' fix this i need to shutdown the screen and then turn it on again, sometimes a battery pull also works allowing to work more time without annoyances.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
-The ''cooking'' procedure as stated on the Moto DROID forums here (Actually i do have a Milestone II, A.K.A Droid II with the same issue) no good.
-Flashing PDSfix, works for better screen calibration, but goes nuts again at some time (Also PDSfix causes SDcard issues on CM10)
-Cleaning the entire touchscreen with isopropilic alcohol (exterior)

THINGS TO TRY:
-Cleaning the touchscreen internally with alcohol and some clean wipes.
-(WORST CASE SCENARIO) Change the touchscreen...

Thing is, do you guys have another workaround??? Thanks !!
Cellphones Timeline
Nokia 1100 -ElectricBlue-, Kyocera Blade, Samsung SGH-X208, Alcatel OT-C700, Nokia 5800XM, Motorola SPICE XT300, SEMC Xperia Mini Pro SK17a, Motorola ATRIX 4G
 
palmbeach05
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 532
Posts: 1,564
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556 View Post
Hello XDA users, ive been having a lot of issues on my ATRIX Touchscreen, sometimes the screen gets stuck with a some weird case of ghost fingers on my touchscreen that has became more and more annoying these last days because my touch gets stuck, or just open's a hell lot of apps or screens, or just tries to swipe al over and get stuck.

To 'temp' fix this i need to shutdown the screen and then turn it on again, sometimes a battery pull also works allowing to work more time without annoyances.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
-The ''cooking'' procedure as stated on the Moto DROID forums here (Actually i do have a Milestone II, A.K.A Droid II with the same issue) no good.
-Flashing PDSfix, works for better screen calibration, but goes nuts again at some time (Also PDSfix causes SDcard issues on CM10)
-Cleaning the entire touchscreen with isopropilic alcohol (exterior)

THINGS TO TRY:
-Cleaning the touchscreen internally with alcohol and some clean wipes.
-(WORST CASE SCENARIO) Change the touchscreen...

Thing is, do you guys have another workaround??? Thanks !!
Change the Digitizer/buy replacement unit and do a motherboard swap
 
andresrivas
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,049
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Córdoba
Get a priest to exorsise your phone!

Seriously, first check the static electricity, it can cause all sorts of troubles.
You can get a digitizer fairly cheap these days, if you know how to dissassemble the phone, is a good option

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS) -> Motorola Moto X


Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...
 
lincer556
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Buenos Aires
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
Change the Digitizer/buy replacement unit and do a motherboard swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
Get a priest to exorsise your phone!

Seriously, first check the static electricity, it can cause all sorts of troubles.
You can get a digitizer fairly cheap these days, if you know how to dissassemble the phone, is a good option

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Sadly where i live the digitalizer is hell of expensive, that's why i've said Worst Case Scenario
Cellphones Timeline
Nokia 1100 -ElectricBlue-, Kyocera Blade, Samsung SGH-X208, Alcatel OT-C700, Nokia 5800XM, Motorola SPICE XT300, SEMC Xperia Mini Pro SK17a, Motorola ATRIX 4G
 
andresrivas
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,049
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Córdoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556 View Post
Sadly where i live the digitalizer is hell of expensive, that's why i've said Worst Case Scenario
I know that feel. I live in Córdoba, so here it's even pricey. Sadly, it's about the only option
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS) -> Motorola Moto X


Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...
 
lincer556
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Buenos Aires
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
I know that feel. I live in Córdoba, so here it's even pricey. Sadly, it's about the only option
Yeah, i sucks, but i've managed to get a replacement screen from a friend of mine with a broken motherboard atrix, now is working like charm!
Cellphones Timeline
Nokia 1100 -ElectricBlue-, Kyocera Blade, Samsung SGH-X208, Alcatel OT-C700, Nokia 5800XM, Motorola SPICE XT300, SEMC Xperia Mini Pro SK17a, Motorola ATRIX 4G
Tags
touchscreen ghost fingers atrix mb860
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more