[Q] Ghost fingers

18th August 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
More
Hello XDA users, ive been having a lot of issues on my ATRIX Touchscreen, sometimes the screen gets stuck with a some weird case of ghost fingers on my touchscreen that has became more and more annoying these last days because my touch gets stuck, or just open's a hell lot of apps or screens, or just tries to swipe al over and get stuck.

To 'temp' fix this i need to shutdown the screen and then turn it on again, sometimes a battery pull also works allowing to work more time without annoyances.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
-The ''cooking'' procedure as stated on the Moto DROID forums here (Actually i do have a Milestone II, A.K.A Droid II with the same issue) no good.
-Flashing PDSfix, works for better screen calibration, but goes nuts again at some time (Also PDSfix causes SDcard issues on CM10)
-Cleaning the entire touchscreen with isopropilic alcohol (exterior)

THINGS TO TRY:
-Cleaning the touchscreen internally with alcohol and some clean wipes.
-(WORST CASE SCENARIO) Change the touchscreen...

Thing is, do you guys have another workaround??? Thanks !!
18th August 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 567

1,607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556

Hello XDA users, ive been having a lot of issues on my ATRIX Touchscreen, sometimes the screen gets stuck with a some weird case of ghost fingers on my touchscreen that has became more and more annoying these last days because my touch gets stuck, or just open's a hell lot of apps or screens, or just tries to swipe al over and get stuck.

To 'temp' fix this i need to shutdown the screen and then turn it on again, sometimes a battery pull also works allowing to work more time without annoyances.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
-The ''cooking'' procedure as stated on the Moto DROID forums here (Actually i do have a Milestone II, A.K.A Droid II with the same issue) no good.
-Flashing PDSfix, works for better screen calibration, but goes nuts again at some time (Also PDSfix causes SDcard issues on CM10)
-Cleaning the entire touchscreen with isopropilic alcohol (exterior)

THINGS TO TRY:
-Cleaning the touchscreen internally with alcohol and some clean wipes.
-(WORST CASE SCENARIO) Change the touchscreen...

Thing is, do you guys have another workaround??? Thanks !!

Change the Digitizer/buy replacement unit and do a motherboard swap
19th August 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 360

1,052 posts
More
Get a priest to exorsise your phone!

Seriously, first check the static electricity, it can cause all sorts of troubles.
You can get a digitizer fairly cheap these days, if you know how to dissassemble the phone, is a good option

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
19th August 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Change the Digitizer/buy replacement unit and do a motherboard swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

Get a priest to exorsise your phone!

Seriously, first check the static electricity, it can cause all sorts of troubles.
You can get a digitizer fairly cheap these days, if you know how to dissassemble the phone, is a good option

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Sadly where i live the digitalizer is hell of expensive, that's why i've said Worst Case Scenario
19th August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 360

1,052 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556

Sadly where i live the digitalizer is hell of expensive, that's why i've said Worst Case Scenario

I know that feel. I live in Córdoba, so here it's even pricey. Sadly, it's about the only option
20th August 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

I know that feel. I live in Córdoba, so here it's even pricey. Sadly, it's about the only option

Yeah, i sucks, but i've managed to get a replacement screen from a friend of mine with a broken motherboard atrix, now is working like charm!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
touchscreen ghost fingers atrix mb860
Previous Thread Next Thread