Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ghost fingers

Tip us?

lincer556
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Phone [Q] Ghost fingers

Hello XDA users, ive been having a lot of issues on my ATRIX Touchscreen, sometimes the screen gets stuck with a some weird case of ghost fingers on my touchscreen that has became more and more annoying these last days because my touch gets stuck, or just open's a hell lot of apps or screens, or just tries to swipe al over and get stuck.

To 'temp' fix this i need to shutdown the screen and then turn it on again, sometimes a battery pull also works allowing to work more time without annoyances.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
-The ''cooking'' procedure as stated on the Moto DROID forums here (Actually i do have a Milestone II, A.K.A Droid II with the same issue) no good.
-Flashing PDSfix, works for better screen calibration, but goes nuts again at some time (Also PDSfix causes SDcard issues on CM10)
-Cleaning the entire touchscreen with isopropilic alcohol (exterior)

THINGS TO TRY:
-Cleaning the touchscreen internally with alcohol and some clean wipes.
-(WORST CASE SCENARIO) Change the touchscreen...

Thing is, do you guys have another workaround??? Thanks !!
Cellphones Timeline
Nokia 1100 -ElectricBlue-, Kyocera Blade, Samsung SGH-X208, Alcatel OT-C700, Nokia 5800XM, Motorola SPICE XT300, SEMC Xperia Mini Pro SK17a, Motorola ATRIX 4G

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556 View Post
Hello XDA users, ive been having a lot of issues on my ATRIX Touchscreen, sometimes the screen gets stuck with a some weird case of ghost fingers on my touchscreen that has became more and more annoying these last days because my touch gets stuck, or just open's a hell lot of apps or screens, or just tries to swipe al over and get stuck.

To 'temp' fix this i need to shutdown the screen and then turn it on again, sometimes a battery pull also works allowing to work more time without annoyances.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
-The ''cooking'' procedure as stated on the Moto DROID forums here (Actually i do have a Milestone II, A.K.A Droid II with the same issue) no good.
-Flashing PDSfix, works for better screen calibration, but goes nuts again at some time (Also PDSfix causes SDcard issues on CM10)
-Cleaning the entire touchscreen with isopropilic alcohol (exterior)

THINGS TO TRY:
-Cleaning the touchscreen internally with alcohol and some clean wipes.
-(WORST CASE SCENARIO) Change the touchscreen...

Thing is, do you guys have another workaround??? Thanks !!
Change the Digitizer/buy replacement unit and do a motherboard swap

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Get a priest to exorsise your phone!

Seriously, first check the static electricity, it can cause all sorts of troubles.
You can get a digitizer fairly cheap these days, if you know how to dissassemble the phone, is a good option

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS) -> Motorola Moto X

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

lincer556
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
Change the Digitizer/buy replacement unit and do a motherboard swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
Get a priest to exorsise your phone!

Seriously, first check the static electricity, it can cause all sorts of troubles.
You can get a digitizer fairly cheap these days, if you know how to dissassemble the phone, is a good option

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Sadly where i live the digitalizer is hell of expensive, that's why i've said Worst Case Scenario
Cellphones Timeline
Nokia 1100 -ElectricBlue-, Kyocera Blade, Samsung SGH-X208, Alcatel OT-C700, Nokia 5800XM, Motorola SPICE XT300, SEMC Xperia Mini Pro SK17a, Motorola ATRIX 4G

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincer556 View Post
Sadly where i live the digitalizer is hell of expensive, that's why i've said Worst Case Scenario
I know that feel. I live in Córdoba, so here it's even pricey. Sadly, it's about the only option
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS) -> Motorola Moto X

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

lincer556
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
I know that feel. I live in Córdoba, so here it's even pricey. Sadly, it's about the only option
Yeah, i sucks, but i've managed to get a replacement screen from a friend of mine with a broken motherboard atrix, now is working like charm!
Cellphones Timeline
Tags
touchscreen ghost fingers atrix mb860