XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

KitKat 4.4.4 bug(wrong place i know, see post)

4th September 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag erie pa
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I understand i am in violation of rules by posting this here, however i am a new user to the xda, and have had a good amount of experience in dabbling with electronic devices, i posses multiple hacked newgen consoles as well as old so i feel i may have something to contribute but am limited due to the 10 post thing..

however onto the bug i have experienced,
currently atrix4g running kitkat bigpart build v2, CM version is cm11-20140813, adroid ver 4.4.4, basband is N_01.77.38p, kernel 3.1.10 droid@ubunto-00#1 wed aug 13 02:58:23 utc 2014, build number cm_olympus-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q 53bdf40312 test-keys, carrier ATT US, also my runtime is DALVIK, and SElinux is enforced at the time of the bug.
Most everything runs smooth and without problems havent ran across any force close events thusfar been running this since yesterdays release, battery seems to last a good deal longer with everything disabled and all is well except for one thing when i connect to my mobile data, my mobiledatanetwork carrier is set to the standalone ATT option like ive had in past roms by default and everything worked, i can send mms messages and they get sent just like normal, however when i recieve an mms message i cannot download it, auto-retrieve on or off, ive tried different APN connections such as ATT LTE and ATTPHONE all either have no connectivity with the att servers to send or recieve mms except attphone and the standalone ATT. Hope this contribution helps in some way.

EDIT:Resetting the APN settings, making a new set, inputting different values for different networks(ATT3g/ATT4g etc) does not work, the fone takes the update and saves it however mms messages are still undownloadable, still can send them no problem can recieve the download tag for an mms recieved, click download and it sits at downloading, after u click download though it does switch to 3g quickly adn then back but with no update to the message so i am unsure as to whats going on internally.
Last edited by stinger101; 4th September 2014 at 10:53 PM. Reason: accidentaly ommited a few dev details/update toward apn settings
5th September 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 560

1,606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger101

I understand i am in violation of rules by posting this here, however i am a new user to the xda, and have had a good amount of experience in dabbling with electronic devices, i posses multiple hacked newgen consoles as well as old so i feel i may have something to contribute but am limited due to the 10 post thing..

currently atrix4g running kitkat bigpart build v2, CM version is cm11-20140813, adroid ver 4.4.4, basband is N_01.77.38p, kernel 3.1.10 droid@ubunto-00#1 wed aug 13 02:58:23 utc 2014, build number cm_olympus-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q 53bdf40312 test-keys, carrier ATT US, also my runtime is DALVIK, and SElinux is enforced at the time of the bug.
Most everything runs smooth and without problems havent ran across any force close events thusfar been running this since yesterdays release, battery seems to last a good deal longer with everything disabled and all is well except for one thing when i connect to my mobile data, my mobiledatanetwork carrier is set to the standalone ATT option like ive had in past roms by default and everything worked, i can send mms messages and they get sent just like normal, however when i recieve an mms message i cannot download it, auto-retrieve on or off, ive tried different APN connections such as ATT LTE and ATTPHONE all either have no connectivity with the att servers to send or recieve mms except attphone and the standalone ATT. Hope this contribution helps in some way.

EDIT:Resetting the APN settings, making a new set, inputting different values for different networks(ATT3g/ATT4g etc) does not work, the fone takes the update and saves it however mms messages are still undownloadable, still can send them no problem can recieve the download tag for an mms recieved, click download and it sits at downloading, after u click download though it does switch to 3g quickly adn then back but with no update to the message so i am unsure as to whats going on internally.

Correction to OP post - that's v1, not v2
7th September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #3  

18 posts
More
BigPart 444KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger101

hi stinger101 ,
My atrix installed also with the same configuration like you , instead the radio --> basband is N_01.77.37p
i currently cant check the MMS recieving, but i'll do it in a few days.
where can i check ifmy runtime is dalvik ?
also i had install the mini GAPPS .

in addition,
this BigPart 444KK is really good ROM,
i had before CM9, and it was always disconnected from the data network.... now in CM11 its really big iprovment,
there are still some bugs in this CM11, but for me its good enough for daily use.

i stiil didnt understand what is those two images for ?
boot_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_v2.img
recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_v2.img

and one more thing about the logs,
where can i find those logs files:
audit.txt, thombs.txt
?

my data folder doesnt include any "misc" folder :
/data/misc/audit.log

and really big thanks to all developers for all the amazing work.....K, Z, and all the others here.
9th September 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #4  

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTaisHi

hi stinger101 ,
My atrix installed also with the same configuration like you , instead the radio --> basband is N_01.77.37p
i currently cant check the MMS recieving, but i'll do it in a few days.
where can i check ifmy runtime is dalvik ?
also i had install the mini GAPPS .

in addition,
this BigPart 444KK is really good ROM,
i had before CM9, and it was always disconnected from the data network.... now in CM11 its really big iprovment,
there are still some bugs in this CM11, but for me its good enough for daily use.

i stiil didnt understand what is those two images for ?
boot_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_v2.img
recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_v2.img

and one more thing about the logs,
where can i find those logs files:
audit.txt, thombs.txt
?

my data folder doesnt include any "misc" folder :
/data/misc/audit.log

and really big thanks to all developers for all the amazing work.....K, Z, and all the others here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

ok,
just made now the MMS test,
my phone had booted itshelf few sec after the MMS message was sent to it.
i guess that the process of getting the MMS cause it.
no MMS really got into my Atrix.
10th September 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 47

117 posts
hello

did the camera video recording work fine on kiktat ? i read some user problem with the synchronisation of sound and video .

thanks
10th September 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag erie pa

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

nice catch i had no idea i had v1 not v2, had gotten mms download working in v1 with a format and reinstall idk how. o wll updated and its all good, few FC on a couple select apps, romtoolbox etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread