Announcement from TecknoFreak: This is in the Alpha Stage
26th August 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Deltona
Thanks Meter: 812

1,928 posts
Donate to Me
More

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. Itís a fully touch driven user interface Ė no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

What's new in 2.7.0.0:
  • Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
  • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
  • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
  • Text wrap in the console output
  • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
  • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
  • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
  • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
  • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
  • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
  • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
  • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
  • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
  • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
  • Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
  • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
  • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work.

Installation

There are primarily three standard methods of installing a custom recovery to your phone.
  • Using ROM Manager or GooManager
  • Using Fastboot
  • Using flash_image

The ROM Manager or GooManager methods are the easiest for installing ClockworkMod or TWRP respectively. However, both these methods require root access so if thatís the path youíre choosing, check out our guide on how to root your Android phone, if you havenít done so already.

If you are looking to install any custom recovery directly from command line, the fastboot method is the one for you. A major benefit of this method is that it does not even require you to root your device first. Do note however that for this method to work, you must have an unlocked bootloader. Check out our Android bootloader unlocking guide for more details on that.

The flash_image method also allows you to install any custom recovery, and that too from your device itself. It will require root access, a terminal emulator app, and the flash_image binary, but it frees you from the hassle of using your PC to manually install the recovery with the fastboot method.

For both the fastboot and the flash_image methods, you will require the custom recovery image. You can get the latest version of ClockworkMod recovery image and TWRP recovery image for your device from the ClockworkMod download page and the TWRP download page respectively.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Motorola Atrix HD

Contributors
TecknoFreak, dhacker29

Version Information

Created 2014-08-26
Last Updated 2014-08-26
26th August 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Deltona

1,928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reseved
26th August 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag Deltona

1,928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys let me know if this work out as I lost my phone and I cant really test now. But hopefully the touch offset have been fix and incorporated to this work around.
Finger Crossed and thanks to all that have input me in a way to work with this project in special to dhacker.
26th August 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #4  
Flag Eagan
Thanks Meter: 69

189 posts
More
Downloading and will report back.

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Touch points are still off.

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Free mobile app
26th August 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 138

718 posts
More
I saw the date and thought that we got a fully functional twrp...
I should have read the comments...
BTW, Doesn't twrp have ORS?

53 65 6e 74 20 66 72 6f 6d 20 6d 79 20 41 74 72 69 78 20 48 44 20 75 73 69 6e 67 20 74 61 70 61 74 61 6c 6b 2e 2e 2e
26th August 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #6  
Flag Varies
Thanks Meter: 64

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecknoFreak

Hey guys let me know if this work out as I lost my phone and I cant really test now. But hopefully the touch offset have been fix and incorporated to this work around.
Finger Crossed and thanks to all that have input me in a way to work with this project in special to dhacker.

Would really love to test this but unless I'm a complete buffoon, I can't find a download link. OP only mentions downloading from the official TWRP page, but there doesn't seem to be anything for this device.
26th August 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 138

718 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasihellfish

Would really love to test this but unless I'm a complete buffoon, I can't find a download link. OP only mentions downloading from the official TWRP page, but there doesn't seem to be anything for this device.

OP Took down the link since it's still not working properly.
No point in flashing something that's not working properly right?

53 65 6e 74 20 66 72 6f 6d 20 6d 79 20 41 74 72 69 78 20 48 44 20 75 73 69 6e 67 20 74 61 70 61 74 61 6c 6b 2e 2e 2e
The Following User Says Thank You to Byakko Custom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag Deltona

1,928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakko Custom

OP Took down the link since it's still not working properly.
No point in flashing something that's not working properly right?

True to this, I was hoping as on my device seen to be working fully except that I can test now because I made changes to it to update it and didnt saved my old settings. So buying another atrix hd as we speak this week to fix and correct the problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TecknoFreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag MACON
Thanks Meter: 12

134 posts
More
Quote:

True to this, I was hoping as on my device seen to be working fully except that I can test now because I made changes to it to update it and didnt saved my old settings. So buying another atrix hd as we speak this week to fix and correct the problem.

I have a spare. I bought a spare off ebay last week. if it helps ill let you borrow it
27th August 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #10  
Flag Varies
Thanks Meter: 64

157 posts
More
Quote:

Wait. You have to buy ANOTHER Atrix HD?! Or is this the same replacement you mentioned previously?
You really need to be more careful with these things...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread