Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Crashing Modem

Tip us?

Taha Haq
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I didn't understand from erick post may be too complicated for me
Can you please make a guide in the general section for flashing a modem and to do all this . when you have time . it will be helpful for many people.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if it helped

plunplan
Old
(Last edited by plunplan; 26th August 2014 at 02:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchito View Post
Fortunately, yes. Check this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=23

And just flash the modem partition. Then I recommend to go back to Stock and then, if you want, custom ROM. Before I went to stock I had signal issues, but the bd-dumps issue was gone. After flashing Stock, everything worked fine.

Try it, it should work. Don't forget to thank Erick! If you have any issues, let me know.

Did you flash Mexican or ATT Stock after flashing the modem partition?

EDIT. I just saw your post on another thread. I flashed the modem partition and then flashed Mexican Stock. Then i installed CM11 but im still having bd-dumps problems. I will try again but with ATT Stock
Cellphone: Motorola Atrix HD MAXX
Tablet: Apple iPad 2

mauchito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Haq View Post
I didn't understand from erick post may be too complicated for me
Can you please make a guide in the general section for flashing a modem and to do all this . when you have time . it will be helpful for many people.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Of course, just don't forget to thank him because he gave the original solution.

Download this (Original link by ErickST18): https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5v8yakw5e...AHD_Blocks.rar

Use WinRAR to extract the files.

There are 1.img, 2.img, 3.img, etc etc archives. Focus on the 1.img.

Now, like when you flash the recovery on the command line (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), you will flash this one this way:

fastboot flash modem 1.img

Remember to put the 1.img archive on the same folder that you have the fastboot archive.

And that's it. Reboot, and then flash RSD with Stock. Then with you favorite custom ROM.

Hope it works for you. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauchito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mauchito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunplan View Post
Did you flash Mexican or ATT Stock after flashing the modem partition?

EDIT. I just saw your post on another thread. I flashed the modem partition and then flashed Mexican Stock. Then i installed CM11 but im still having bd-dumps problems. I will try again but with ATT Stock
I just answered in the other thread, but I want to clarify that I used Mexican Stock because my phone is mexican (and I'm too ). If your phone is from AT&T, then I would recommend you to flash that one.

Taha Haq
Old
(Last edited by Taha Haq; 27th August 2014 at 05:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Already thanked him .
And thanks for your help too

Just one thing i need to know that is it neccessary to use rsd or i can use myth tools instead?
Hit thanks if it helped

mauchito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Haq View Post
Already thanked him .
And thanks for your help too

Just one thing i need to know that is it neccessary to use rsd or i can use myth tools instead?
I guess you can use it, I honestly have never tried it, but if you can flash back to Stock with that, go ahead. There shouldn't be any problem.