[Q] The Fatest

Search This thread

elmisaklk

Jul 9, 2014
Hi guys, I've tried a lot of roms that are developed for the atrix hd, but still I hesitate for any in specific, so honestly Boys: What you think is the most stable and / or fast for atrix hd rom?:confused:

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
This kind of question - traditionally - is so loaded that even asking it or hinting at asking it becomes like walking in a minefield of sorts. The only good answer is try all the available ROMs and see which one appears to be the most stable and the fastest for you and how you happen to use your Atrix HD.

Some would say the stock ROM is the fastest since it (most of time) has gone through the ringer given AT&T's fairly tough testing period before they put out an update - the original factory stock ROM may not perform as well as a first update might, and so on.

As for other ROMs, they can match and sometimes exceed the performance provided by the stock ROM for a variety of reasons: "trimming the fat" to cut down on somewhat excessive services in use (meaning more resources are available), potential overclocking (even to small degrees like 10% or so is by definition faster, obviously), and other aspects (RAM tweaks, filesystem tweaks, etc). Stock ROMs have to be created as a lowest common denominator where everything works as expected - it's not meant to be a "barn burner" in terms of performance; it's just supposed to work without major problems of any kind and usually does that without issues.

The stock ROM(s) are fairly lean from the gitgo as well since Motorola started stripping out a lot of bloatware and assorted crap that bogged down prior devices in the past - yes AT&T does add their own bloatware and crap after they get it of course but that's just how it goes. With root you can debloat a stock ROM using something like Titanium Backup and removing the stuff totally (my preference) or just freezing it aka disable it so it's not using resources other than storage space.

But really, the only way you're going to find out what might be the most stable or the fastest for you will be testing out what's available - that's how it always is, in every situation since every person is unique and has different needs and requirements.

So get some ROMs and see what works... ;)

ps
You should be able to edit your post and alter the title so it says "The Fastest" proper - when I saw it I knew what you were asking but even so, some people might not get it till they open the thread (if they choose to do so).

Reactions: elmisaklk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This kind of question - traditionally - is so loaded that even asking it or hinting at asking it becomes like walking in a minefield of sorts. The only good answer is try all the available ROMs and see which one appears to be the most stable and the fastest for you and how you happen to use your Atrix HD.

Some would say the stock ROM is the fastest since it (most of time) has gone through the ringer given AT&T's fairly tough testing period before they put out an update - the original factory stock ROM may not perform as well as a first update might, and so on.

As for other ROMs, they can match and sometimes exceed the performance provided by the stock ROM for a variety of reasons: "trimming the fat" to cut down on somewhat excessive services in use (meaning more resources are available), potential overclocking (even to small degrees like 10% or so is by definition faster, obviously), and other aspects (RAM tweaks, filesystem tweaks, etc). Stock ROMs have to be created as a lowest common denominator where everything works as expected - it's not meant to be a "barn burner" in terms of performance; it's just supposed to work without major problems of any kind and usually does that without issues.

The stock ROM(s) are fairly lean from the gitgo as well since Motorola started stripping out a lot of bloatware and assorted crap that bogged down prior devices in the past - yes AT&T does add their own bloatware and crap after they get it of course but that's just how it goes. With root you can debloat a stock ROM using something like Titanium Backup and removing the stuff totally (my preference) or just freezing it aka disable it so it's not using resources other than storage space.

But really, the only way you're going to find out what might be the most stable or the fastest for you will be testing out what's available - that's how it always is, in every situation since every person is unique and has different needs and requirements.

So get some ROMs and see what works... ;)

ps
    You should be able to edit your post and alter the title so it says "The Fastest" proper - when I saw it I knew what you were asking but even so, some people might not get it till they open the thread (if they choose to do so).