[Q] Need help!

OP duchski

2nd September 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

329 posts
More
Hi,

I got an ATRIX HD on AT&T, with the latest stock JB, rooted but with a still locked bootloader. Few days ago I decided to do factory reset, the phone is going to a family member, forgetting that I changed the home screen to Nova by changing the extension of home.aph file in system.
After factory reset, to my frustration there was obviously no working home screen as factory reset wiped the user installed apk including nova.

I tried login into the phone via ADB, however for some reason when renaming files to correct suffixes I somehow managed to delete all files in system/app, at least this is what ls -l claims. Tried to flash /system through fastboot but getting strange messages "about variable not found" .

Now my battery is almost depleted and I have no idea if the phone charges when plugged into a wall charger. How can I be sure? My display is blank and the LED indicator is off.

Second, how do I restore my phone to stock in a most uncomplicated maner? By the way, my PC runs LINUX not Windows.

Can anybody help out here?
2nd September 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 61

271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchski

Hi,

I got an ATRIX HD on AT&T, with the latest stock JB, rooted but with a still locked bootloader. Few days ago I decided to do factory reset, the phone is going to a family member, forgetting that I changed the home screen to Nova by changing the extension of home.aph file in system.
After factory reset, to my frustration there was obviously no working home screen as factory reset wiped the user installed apk including nova.

I tried login into the phone via ADB, however for some reason when renaming files to correct suffixes I somehow managed to delete all files in system/app, at least this is what ls -l claims. Tried to flash /system through fastboot but getting strange messages "about variable not found" .

Now my battery is almost depleted and I have no idea if the phone charges when plugged into a wall charger. How can I be sure? My display is blank and the LED indicator is off.

Second, how do I restore my phone to stock in a most uncomplicated maner? By the way, my PC runs LINUX not Windows.

Can anybody help out here?

Dayum dude, I don't know how you managed to erase everything.

Have you tried using RSD Lite? You can enter on fastboot, right? If you only have linux, you should be able to use the specific fastboot for Linux and then manual flash every partition on the phone. You know, fastboot flash modem modem.img, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, etc, etc.

Skeevydude made a thread about how to do it, I just can't search it right now, but you should be fine.

About the phone charging, as far as I know, it doesn't charge when you are on fastboot. I don't know how to help you here, honestly.

Keep us updated.
2nd September 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

329 posts
More
Thumbs up Linux fastboot issue - SOLVED
That makes two of us. I used ADB and SU to manipulate files in /system/app and everything went right except the fact that as a result my /system/app folder now....

Anyways, the error I was getting :
duchski@duchski-linux-X60 ~ $ fastboot flash system /home/duchski/.android/ROM/system.img
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi

Turned out to be caused by wrong fastbook executable, even though I downloaded the correct one for linux, there was another fastboot in /usr/bin revealed by running 'which fasboot' . running the correct fastboot via ./fastboot cleared the issue. I am good and up to speed.

Well, thats what happens when you get older and no longer feel like flashing new ROMs every day You get rusty.

Thanks everyone. I am moving to Moto X now, my 6th Motorola phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchito

Dayum dude, I don't know how you managed to erase everything.

Have you tried using RSD Lite? You can enter on fastboot, right? If you only have linux, you should be able to use the specific fastboot for Linux and then manual flash every partition on the phone. You know, fastboot flash modem modem.img, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, etc, etc.

Skeevydude made a thread about how to do it, I just can't search it right now, but you should be fine.

About the phone charging, as far as I know, it doesn't charge when you are on fastboot. I don't know how to help you here, honestly.

Keep us updated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread