No registration required

Fastboot failure on ATRIX HD

OP winiwini

20th December 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello, when y try to perform the point 7 of the following process:
Get RSD Lite 6.14 (recommended version) for Windows only.
Get the stock firmware file, make sure you pick the latest ICS firmware file here (7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml.zip) for AT&T.
After successfully downloaded, extract the zip file. And edit the 7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml file using notepad, and then remove 2 lines with getvar.step operation=”getvar” var=”max-download-size”
Open RSD Lite, open the XML file that you have edited before.
Turn off your phone, and then enter the Boot Mode Selection Menu by press and hold the following keys together (Volume Up+Volume Down+Power). Using vol down, scroll to AP Fastboot menu, and then vol up to select it.
Connect Atrix HD to PC via USB, your phone will be recognized by RSD Lite as MB886.
Now it’s time to hit the Start button, and please wait for about 10-25 minutes.
Once the flash process done, your device will reboot. Your Motorola Atrix HD (MB886) should restore to stock and unroot now.
I disconnected the cable, and now I receive the following message:
RSDLite: Failed flashing process. 1/23 flash partion \\gpt_main0.bin – Phone returned FAIL.
ATRIX HD: downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT.
Each time that I turn on the equipment, I need to go to Fastboot menu and select normal boot.

Can you help me?
Regards
21st December 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
You made the same error I did. I tried to flash back to ics which it will not allow. From here you can either deal with the having to turn your phone off and volume up, down and power at the same time to booty your phone, or you can run the latest file that has been uploaded by the firmware team to get rid of it. Unfortunately this will put your phone to unrooted jelly bean with no real possibility of root at the moment.

The file name is MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip .

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to timistim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag San Antonio, Texas/New Orleans, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 12

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timistim

You made the same error I did. I tried to flash back to ics which it will not allow. From here you can either deal with the having to turn your phone off and volume up, down and power at the same time to booty your phone, or you can run the latest file that has been uploaded by the firmware team to get rid of it. Unfortunately this will put your phone to unrooted jelly bean with no real possibility of root at the moment.

The file name is MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip .

Good luck.

I did the exact same thing, but rsd general wont flash even the latest it still fails
22nd December 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #4  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDSman

I did the exact same thing, but rsd general wont flash even the latest it still fails

If you get the file listed above from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php it will work. All the other files will not though.
22nd December 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
It won't work it says unknown command
Flash failed .fix this or remove

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
23rd December 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #6  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caucasion

It won't work it says unknown command
Flash failed .fix this or remove

I forgot you need to edit the xml file and remove a couple lines. I don't have the file on this computer or else I would tell you exactly what they are. When you try to flash though it will say it fails on something like getvar just remove the lines that have getvar in it, there should only be two or three lines that need to be removed.
23rd December 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
Plz tell me so I can fix my phone I'm on the leak and rooted but there's more to jellybean than the leak

23rd December 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag NEW CASTLE
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
I had the same problem , power off your phone. and hold power+ vol up+ down buttons and than choose factory .

or

use this is edited xml file and replace
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h77aef77oc...-US_BuildA.xml

download this zip file and flash it by RDS dont forget to replace XML file .
Last edited by nika_bego; 23rd December 2012 at 10:23 PM.
2nd January 2013, 07:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag Elkhart
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
i hope you guys figured it out. i did. if you need help send me a PM
2nd January 2013, 11:45 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Last I heard, if you're on an att phone, do not flash the JB xml with RSD because of the locked bootloader. There's a thread in General under "Leaked 4.1.1 FXZ" where sometime tried flashing this and bricked his phone beyond repair.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread