Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to get HDMI-out functioning? Atrix HD

OP interestor

17th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I got an adapter for the HDMI outlet. When I use it to connect the phone to tv or monitor, the big screen says no signal.

When attached, the phone does rotate the home screen, which it does not do normally, so I think that the adapter is working.

I have Cyanogenmod android 4.4.4. There are no settings for hdmi, no Overscan like stock OS (there is only Expanded Desktop, whatever that is).

Is there some setting I have overlooked? Is there something else I should do to get the signal out to the monitor? Is my adapter not working?

Thanks
17th August 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 72

347 posts
More
It works for me using CarbonROM 08/04 build using an HDMI to micro HDMI adapter. Also there aren't any settings because I think only atrix HD and maybe a couple others have an HDMI out port. Did you get a Motorola factory micro HDMI to HDMI cable? Or did you buy an adapter like mine?
17th August 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I have the small adapter, no cord.
17th August 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Joćo Pessoa

9 posts
More
I bought an adapter from ebay, the cheapest i could find, and it works no problem with one of my hdmi cable, i have a longer one that stays with no signal, test a different cable.
18th August 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
When you plug the cable and adapter into the phone, does the monitor just blink on and show the phone screen?

Also, does the phone's home screen only rotate after being plugged into the monitor? (like mine does)

My cables to the tv and monitor definitely work. The adapter might not, but its affecting the home screen rotation makes me think it does work; then maybe Cyanogenmod or Android 4.4.4 doesn't work.
Last edited by interestor; 18th August 2014 at 02:32 AM.
18th August 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 774

2,036 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestor

I got an adapter for the HDMI outlet. When I use it to connect the phone to tv or monitor, the big screen says no signal.

When attached, the phone does rotate the home screen, which it does not do normally, so I think that the adapter is working.

I have Cyanogenmod android 4.4.4. There are no settings for hdmi, no Overscan like stock OS (there is only Expanded Desktop, whatever that is).

Is there some setting I have overlooked? Is there something else I should do to get the signal out to the monitor? Is my adapter not working?

Thanks

The adapter should be working based off of what you described. I'm sitting on the 20140102 revision of 4.3.1 and I see the same thing on my device. Only difference is that I do get a signal. No HDMI option in any menu present. Expanded Desktop is full screen mode and should be used with a BT mouse or Pie. I don't believe there is anything you have overlooked, but then again I have yet to really start playing with KK on my daily device (currently running stable version on DX and alpha version on A4G)
19th August 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thanks for the inputs.

Whoop, I see I actually have Android 4.4.2 if that matters.
I have Cyanogenmod 11.0-20140109

I would like to hear if anyone uses either of these and hdmi.
21st August 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 43

215 posts
More
I only have lap dock to connect to but I also get no signal blinking screen on all ROMs I've tried except for stock based I even tried Dr orange's suggested 8/4 carbon build

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread