Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 51,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get HDMI-out functioning? Atrix HD

Tip us?

interestor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to get HDMI-out functioning? Atrix HD

I got an adapter for the HDMI outlet. When I use it to connect the phone to tv or monitor, the big screen says no signal.

When attached, the phone does rotate the home screen, which it does not do normally, so I think that the adapter is working.

I have Cyanogenmod android 4.4.4. There are no settings for hdmi, no Overscan like stock OS (there is only Expanded Desktop, whatever that is).

Is there some setting I have overlooked? Is there something else I should do to get the signal out to the monitor? Is my adapter not working?

Thanks

Dr. Orange
Old
Thanks Meter 64
It works for me using CarbonROM 08/04 build using an HDMI to micro HDMI adapter. Also there aren't any settings because I think only atrix HD and maybe a couple others have an HDMI out port. Did you get a Motorola factory micro HDMI to HDMI cable? Or did you buy an adapter like mine?
Please visit the thread and comment about your day, what you're thinking about, or other things (keep it legal this time of course)
Motorola Bravo: PA 2.5.3
Matrix HD MAXX: PAC-MAN

interestor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have the small adapter, no cord.

JVGA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought an adapter from ebay, the cheapest i could find, and it works no problem with one of my hdmi cable, i have a longer one that stays with no signal, test a different cable.

interestor
Old
(Last edited by interestor; 18th August 2014 at 01:32 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When you plug the cable and adapter into the phone, does the monitor just blink on and show the phone screen?

Also, does the phone's home screen only rotate after being plugged into the monitor? (like mine does)

My cables to the tv and monitor definitely work. The adapter might not, but its affecting the home screen rotation makes me think it does work; then maybe Cyanogenmod or Android 4.4.4 doesn't work.

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestor View Post
I got an adapter for the HDMI outlet. When I use it to connect the phone to tv or monitor, the big screen says no signal.

When attached, the phone does rotate the home screen, which it does not do normally, so I think that the adapter is working.

I have Cyanogenmod android 4.4.4. There are no settings for hdmi, no Overscan like stock OS (there is only Expanded Desktop, whatever that is).

Is there some setting I have overlooked? Is there something else I should do to get the signal out to the monitor? Is my adapter not working?

Thanks
The adapter should be working based off of what you described. I'm sitting on the 20140102 revision of 4.3.1 and I see the same thing on my device. Only difference is that I do get a signal. No HDMI option in any menu present. Expanded Desktop is full screen mode and should be used with a BT mouse or Pie. I don't believe there is anything you have overlooked, but then again I have yet to really start playing with KK on my daily device (currently running stable version on DX and alpha version on A4G)

interestor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the inputs.

Whoop, I see I actually have Android 4.4.2 if that matters.
I have Cyanogenmod 11.0-20140109

I would like to hear if anyone uses either of these and hdmi.

techdeisel
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I only have lap dock to connect to but I also get no signal blinking screen on all ROMs I've tried except for stock based I even tried Dr orange's suggested 8/4 carbon build