Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Locked bootloader, stock recovery, no system.

OP ErickST18

23rd August 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venezuela
Thanks Meter: 16

116 posts
More
Hi guys, my friend's Atrix HD is in a trouble, exactly as the post title say. He device has bl locked again with no system to boot, there's some way to install a rom in this situation?
23rd August 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 866

3,023 posts
More
Any way to get into fastboot? If you can get into fastboot, try flashing a stock ROM with RSD Lite.
23rd August 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag MACON
Thanks Meter: 20

149 posts
More
Myth tools will adb a rom over if you can get into the boot loader
29th August 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Unhappy Hard Bricked Atrix HD MB886
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar the grouch

Myth tools will adb a rom over if you can get into the boot loader

Hi, I have tried everything, even I bought the fastboot cable and it can give it life to my phone. Fail on RSD, MYThool, on Cmd with fastboot.
29th August 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venezuela

116 posts
More
[Q] Enable USB Debugging mode with fastboot or adb commands?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Any way to get into fastboot? If you can get into fastboot, try flashing a stock ROM with RSD Lite.

It not seems to work, i can get into adb via stock recovery and can get fastboot normally. My question is: Is it possible to enable usb debugging mode using adb or fastboot commands?
29th August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #6  
Flag Varies
Thanks Meter: 74

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickST18

My question is: Is it possible to enable usb debugging mode using adb or fastboot commands?

No, it is not possible. This would be a massive security issue, as it would defeat the entire purpose of having that setting in the phone, since it would allow full access to your phone without logging into the OS.
Pro-tip: You should really leave that setting turned off until you actually need it, because otherwise anyone can plug in a USB cable and get full access to send fastboot commands to your device (including bypassing lock screens).
The Following User Says Thank You to quasihellfish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venezuela

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasihellfish

No, it is not possible. This would be a massive security issue, as it would defeat the entire purpose of having that setting in the phone, since it would allow full access to your phone without logging into the OS.
Pro-tip: You should really leave that setting turned off until you actually need it, because otherwise anyone can plug in a USB cable and get full access to send fastboot commands to your device (including bypassing lock screens).

Thank you for the reply bro. The thing is, i'm giving this error and i don't know what to do, it's driving me crazy. Hope you can help me, i've attached a image with screen error below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (25.3 KB, 34 views)
29th August 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #8  
Flag Varies
Thanks Meter: 74

164 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for the reply bro. The thing is, i'm giving this error and i don't know what to do, it's driving me crazy. Hope you can help me, i've attached a image with screen error below.

No idea. Looks like you need to contact the dealer
The Following User Says Thank You to quasihellfish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #9  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 659

1,800 posts
More
Quote:

I think this is like a hard brick, but worse. I think its a dead device and at minimum needs its motherboard replaced with a new/used one that has a working ROM on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venezuela

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

I think this is like a hard brick, but worse. I think its a dead device and at minimum needs its motherboard replaced with a new/used one that has a working ROM on it.

As i thought, well thank you for the reply. I'll keep trying anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread