Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROM recommendations PLZ?

Tip us?
 
FireWire22
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cleveland
Question [Q] ROM recommendations PLZ?

I have an Atrix HD, rooted, with unlocked JB bootloader, and I've also done the MAXX battery MOD. I haven't had this phone long and it seems to be a bit laggy, and a battery hog on the stock firmware. I am not partial to JB or KK so I am pretty open to suggestions. All I am looking for is SPEED, STABILITY, and BATTERY LIFE, and of course the LEAST amount of bugs possible. TY all in advance!
 
Dr. Orange
Old
#2  
Dr. Orange's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2011
ROM recommendation posts are a dime a dozen around here, and the answer is always the same: figure it out for yourself by browsing the development forums for your phone, and flash the one that fits what you want.
Please visit the thread and comment about your day, what you're thinking about, or other things (keep it legal this time of course)
Motorola Bravo: PA 2.5.3
Matrix HD MAXX: PAC-MAN
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Orange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FireWire22
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cleveland
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange View Post
ROM recommendation posts are a dime a dozen around here, and the answer is always the same: figure it out for yourself by browsing the development forums for your phone, and flash the one that fits what you want.
Thanks but thats what I've been doing for the past almost 2 weeks now. I only asked because there is ALOT of developement already for this device and it looks like EVERYTHING is buggy as Hell so far so I was really looking for a USEFUL suggestion. But thanks a bunch.
 
Dr. Orange
Old
#4  
Dr. Orange's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWire22 View Post
Thanks but thats what I've been doing for the past almost 2 weeks now. I only asked because there is ALOT of developement already for this device and it looks like EVERYTHING is buggy as Hell so far so I was really looking for a USEFUL suggestion. But thanks a bunch.
No, not everything is buggy as hell. The majority of them run just fine and are good enough for daily drivers. If you installed one, you'd see for yourself.

I understand that you want a perfect ROM but there isn't one. You've gotta take what minimal bad there is with the good. Even stock ROMs have bugs.

The best advice is to flash a ROM that sounds good and see if you like it. Hell, that's half the fun!
Please visit the thread and comment about your day, what you're thinking about, or other things (keep it legal this time of course)
Motorola Bravo: PA 2.5.3
Matrix HD MAXX: PAC-MAN
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Orange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FireWire22
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cleveland
Default Thanks Dr. Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange View Post
No, not everything is buggy as hell. The majority of them run just fine and are good enough for daily drivers. If you installed one, you'd see for yourself.

I understand that you want a perfect ROM but there isn't one. You've gotta take what minimal bad there is with the good. Even stock ROMs have bugs.

The best advice is to flash a ROM that sounds good and see if you like it. Hell, that's half the fun!
I understand what you are saying, and I have been checking them out, I'm on CM11 now, and have tried Holoblur, and a couple others. I've went through this with literally 13 devices now so I'm not new to this. I was simply asking the community for the best ones that they have used from their experience. I have asked this question on XDA about all of my other devices and normally people respond with just what I said before. Its just a lot easier when I can narrow it down between a handful of ROMs that are DD material.

What has been your favorite so far Doc?
 
Dr. Orange
Old
#6  
Dr. Orange's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2011
Ah yes! Had to make sure you weren't just asking for the best instead of researching for yourself! I guess I could've been a little more helpful from the beginning...

My most important feature is pie controls, second is tied with customizing options and battery, So right now, carbonROM is perfect for me. I'm running the 8/04 jbbl build and it works great.

I have the MAXX battery mod so battery isn't as important, but I still want it to last all day.

Team Gummy works well too. The only build for our jbbl phone that works is the April build 2.0. It's light and battery life is good too. Also has pie, not as many customizable options.

Those are my KitKat choices, I'm not sure of the 4.3 Roms other than the last time I had a 4.3 PAC ROM installed it worked really well with excellent battery life. 4.3 Roms are arguably the most refined, but development has shifted towards KitKat obv.

That's pretty much all I know.
Please visit the thread and comment about your day, what you're thinking about, or other things (keep it legal this time of course)
Motorola Bravo: PA 2.5.3
Matrix HD MAXX: PAC-MAN
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Orange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FireWire22
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cleveland
Wink Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange View Post
Ah yes! Had to make sure you weren't just asking for the best instead of researching for yourself! I guess I could've been a little more helpful from the beginning...

My most important feature is pie controls, second is tied with customizing options and battery, So right now, carbonROM is perfect for me. I'm running the 8/04 jbbl build and it works great.

I have the MAXX battery mod so battery isn't as important, but I still want it to last all day.

Team Gummy works well too. The only build for our jbbl phone that works is the April build 2.0. It's light and battery life is good too. Also has pie, not as many customizable options.

Those are my KitKat choices, I'm not sure of the 4.3 Roms other than the last time I had a 4.3 PAC ROM installed it worked really well with excellent battery life. 4.3 Roms are arguably the most refined, but development has shifted towards KitKat obv.

That's pretty much all I know.
That my friend is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for the input... I will definitely try your recommendations next. I also did the MAXX MOD on mine the other day with the EB40 battery and cutting of the inner frame, but just like you I definitely want it to be able to last all day. Lol, I know there is no perfect ROM, I just didn't wanna be crack flashing for the next couple months with as many nice sounding ROMs there are for this phone. Either way, your info is extremely appreciated, and thanks for the heads up on Gummy. I typically look at a ROM's OP first to look at the features then look through the last couple pages to see if and what issues it may have. It just got frustrating bc MOST posts end with people all talking about their damn RAZR's in the wrong forum lol. So thank you very much Doc.
The Following User Says Thank You to FireWire22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
palmbeach05
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 532
Posts: 1,562
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange View Post
Ah yes! Had to make sure you weren't just asking for the best instead of researching for yourself! I guess I could've been a little more helpful from the beginning...

My most important feature is pie controls, second is tied with customizing options and battery, So right now, carbonROM is perfect for me. I'm running the 8/04 jbbl build and it works great.

I have the MAXX battery mod so battery isn't as important, but I still want it to last all day.

Team Gummy works well too. The only build for our jbbl phone that works is the April build 2.0. It's light and battery life is good too. Also has pie, not as many customizable options.

Those are my KitKat choices, I'm not sure of the 4.3 Roms other than the last time I had a 4.3 PAC ROM installed it worked really well with excellent battery life. 4.3 Roms are arguably the most refined, but development has shifted towards KitKat obv.

That's pretty much all I know.
4.3.1 unified build from 1 Feb 14 works well and has decent battery life with the battery mod, best battery life i have seen so far was on ATT's stock pre-heartbleed fix revision.
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FireWire22
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cleveland
Thank you very much as well palm beach. I'm on Gummy 2.0 now (the one that works) that the doc suggested and I love it aside from some random systemui force closes so I think I will try your suggestion next lol.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes