Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 50,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] where are Unified_MSM8960 threads?

Tip us?

laofan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default [Q] where are Unified_MSM8960 threads?

I see CM11, PAC-man, carbon go Unified_MSM8960,and the discussion seems slow down there,

Are there move to some certain thread that is not in Atrix hd forum? where could I find them?

Thank you

sobitthen
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan View Post
I see CM11, PAC-man, carbon go Unified_MSM8960,and the discussion seems slow down there,

Are there move to some certain thread that is not in Atrix hd forum? where could I find them?

Thank you
I would like to know as well, having to go to a completely different phone's page to ask questions about your phone doesn't feel right.
Using the vanilla CM11 from July here...
Google, give us back our SD card storage...
Atrix HD Philz 6.0, Vanilla Cyanogenmod 11 JBL Nightly and a 4000mAh battery mod.
Alternate phone Atrix 2 for my son pure stock.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
I believe that many unified builds require a KK bootloader that the Atrix HD doesn't have. The lack of a KK bootloader limits the developers of those ROMs.

quasihellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Well, the short answer is that "it's complicated".

There is no single place for Unified builds, and there are several ROMS so it is really up to the developer to post where they see fit. As one example, let's take the most popular and original unified ROM: CyanogenMod CM11. We have our own thread here for Atrix HD related issues, but the thread for the Razr HD is much more active. I've recently started monitoring the Razr HD threads because of that.

The good news is that, in the eyes of CM, we are the same device (since we are all grouped into the same msm8960 pool). The bad news is that since they unified, some of those devices got a new KK bootloader while the rest of us are stuck on the JB bootloader. So if you want CM11, you need to only use the one labeled as Epinter's build, because he is compiling it specifically for those still on a JB bootloader. Honestly, ANY rom based on a unified CM11 base that hasn't been specifically modified to handle this issue will NOT work on our phone (or any msm8960 device still on the JB bootloader).

So I think development on a lot of those ROMs that were based on unified builds has stalled until we're on the official KitKat from Motorola. We're sort of in limbo, unless you use Epinter's build. I'm still using the last Carbon Rom, but I'll probably be switching to CM shortly.
Atrix HD (AT&T) - KitKat 4.4.4, CM11 20140914-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960_jbbl
The Following User Says Thank You to quasihellfish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]