[STOCK][LP][PATCH][d800] Patch Any Stock G2 ROM for AT&T

Search This thread

txv0

Feb 2, 2015
Thanks! Yup im running d801 stock lollipop just wanted to make sure i had the steps right

Jagankota

May 18, 2015
Confused..

Hi I have LG G2 D800 with version V10o.
Can I install D802 Lollipop [http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development-d802/rom-srkg2-1-00-20150516-t3109906] as you mentioned on top of D800 V10o version..?

If yes please suggest me how to proceed..? Do I need to install TWRP recovery in first step to flash this ROM..?

step by step procedure would be helpful without opening the phone spares Since I have already short the circuits which caused some hardware misbehaviour at volume rocker.

ZealFied

Nov 8, 2012
Lahore
myspace.com
Can Some One Please Provide Me "ROM-patch-v1.5-lp30f-d800-blastagator-signed.zip"
Blastagators Site Is Down.
Also Can Some One Tell Me, Am I Doing These Steps Correct??
Then:
I Just Recovered My Phone From Hard Brick (I Was Scared). I Directly Installed CloudyG2 3.3 On My G2 (My Bad). I Was On Stock KK (With JB Bootloader) I Thought KK Has KK Bootloader.
Now:
Again I'm On Stock KK. Im Going To Get My Phone On CloudyG2 v3.3
1. Rooted With TowelRoot
2. AutoRec KK
3. TWRP v2.8.7.3 Blastagator *Latest On Website*
Please Verify These Steps:
1. Clear Data,Cache,Dalvik,System
2. Flash CloudyG2 3.3
3. Flash ROM-patch-v1.5-lp30f-d800-blastagator-signed .zip
4. Flash boot-permissive-lp-d800-devnull-signed.zip
5. Clear Dalvik and Cache
6. Reboot

Last edited:

djchru

Oct 18, 2013
Can Some One Please Provide Me "ROM-patch-v1.5-lp30f-d800-blastagator-signed.zip"
Blastagators Site Is Down.
Also Can Some One Tell Me, Am I Doing These Steps Correct??
Then:
I Just Recovered My Phone From Hard Brick (I Was Scared). I Directly Installed CloudyG2 3.3 On My G2 (My Bad). I Was On Stock KK (With JB Bootloader) I Thought KK Has KK Bootloader.
Now:
Again I'm On Stock KK. Im Going To Get My Phone On CloudyG2 v3.3
1. Rooted With TowelRoot
2. AutoRec KK
3. TWRP v2.8.7.3 Blastagator *Latest On Website*
Please Verify These Steps:
1. Clear Data,Cache,Dalvik,System
2. Flash CloudyG2 3.3
3. Flash ROM-patch-v1.5-lp30f-d800-blastagator-signed .zip
4. Flash boot-permissive-lp-d800-devnull-signed.zip
5. Clear Dalvik and Cache
6. Reboot
You will also need to use Blastgator's LP Bootloader, the one that says (Bump LP) from here: http://www.gregtwallace.com/lgg2-projects/bootloader.php
Otherwise, you will get a nasty security error and it won't boot. Flash that before flashing Cloudy and you'll be ready to roll!

ZealFied

Nov 8, 2012
Lahore
myspace.com

lastwarning91

Jul 6, 2015
hello i updated my d800 to LP but i lost Smart Video in display settings Smart Stay is present and works perfects but what about Smart VIdeo any way i can get it back or i have to degrade to KK?

namitutonka

Jan 3, 2014
Denver
thoronodor.tripod.com
I have a D802 and I'm on Cloudy G2 3.3
What should I flash ?

edit: 7/16/2016 I am no longer running CloudyG2 3.3. That was a decent ROM and it had TTS (text to speech) support. Now I have reverted back to [ROM][d80030b][v1.1][2015.07.29] Stock Lollipop (30b) Stripped Down, with the xceed kernel for the LG G2, by kairi_zeroblade D800-LP-prod-bld16.zip I no longer need tts, and I get amazing battery life using Amplify. I installed the stock LG Music apk found here.

I have a d800. ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶C̶l̶o̶u̶d̶y̶G̶2̶ ̶3̶.̶3̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶R̶O̶M̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶G̶ ̶G̶2̶. You may want to flash the Dorimanx kernel. I get 11 to 15 hours of battery life on Dorimanx kernel 10.0 (it is now in 10.6 beta) which I regularly trim system data (either automatically under Cron Tasks or manually under IO). Be aware there are two XDA Dorimanx kernel sites. One of these sites here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/help/dorimanx-lollipop-kernel-qa-thread-t3103105 is for Q&A, the other is NOT for Q&A discussion, it is the developer's OP (original post) here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/lp-5-0-2-kernel-3-4-107-dorimanx-1-0-lg-t3102512 Also I use the paid version of Amplify, some settings here: http://xdaforums.com/andr...stock-t2973588. I use the phone a lot, do not keep applications open in the background, and I keep the brightness down.

I thank @blastigor for my base ROM http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/development/rom-stock-lollipop-30b-stripped-t3144195 also thanking @Cloudyfa for when I flashed Cloudy over blastigator's base ROM. CloudyG2 3.3 here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/rom-cloudyg2-t3006744 , when (in the process of flashing Cloudy) I used @blastigor's patch http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/development/stock-patch-stock-g2-rom-att-t3124809. Cloudy, like so many other XDA developers sites (don't ask questions on the OP) also has a Q&A for Cloudy here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3136529.

@MajinBoo17, hopefully you do not have a bad XDA attitude, but your posting "What should I flash" , approaches exactly what 'bad' actually is on the XDA forums. I suspect many developers who collectively spend more than tens of thousand of hours learning and then sharing their knowledge on XDA forums would be very relieved if both junior and senior members would spend hours exploring XDA forums to learn much in finding their own solution. "What should I flash" infers a lazy instant gratification. I admit I am lazy too, but I'm trying otherwise to be the ignorant end-user I am.

I have avoided trying to flash the Xceed kernel here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/kernel-xceed-t3066637, not because I want to tweak my G2, but because if it works well with the Dorimanx kernel (and it works great), don't fix it. As per the last paragraph, Xceed's author, @kairi_zeroblade, is another knowledgeable developer who is very much over the noobie attitude, that XDA is a fast food restaurant for smartphones and other devices. I have viewed very many of kairi_zeroblade's posts both on XDA and other sites, and I have a deep respect for his work.

This last years XDA journey was first helped by many friends on my Samsung SGH-i537. What little wisdom I gained on this website's path was nevertheless patiently, steadfastly, and firmly taught by many, but (by this member's example) especially by @Devo7v. MajinBoo17, your phone will never be a Star Trek communicator, nor will it ever be the figment of perfection in your imagination, but please tread softly upon the path which so many developers have laid on the XDA forums.

Remember to backup (TWRP or...) what works for your phone, you'll have something to fall back on when something is skewed. Search and learn for days or weeks for a solution to your last problem or question. Any effort to gain a bit of knowledge or skill is worth your own victory over impatience, AND the incessant and constant burden weighing down developers, which noobies like us don't think is part of our exciting game in making our devices perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devo7v

MajinBoo17

Nov 8, 2015
I have a d800 and I'm on CloudyG2 3.3 as well. This is the best ROM I've found for the LG G2. You may want to flash the Dorimanx kernel. I get 11 to 15 hours of battery life on Dorimanx kernel 10.0 (it is now in 10.6 beta) which I regularly trim system data (either automatically under Cron Tasks or manually under IO). Be aware there are two XDA Dorimanx kernel sites. One of these sites here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/help/dorimanx-lollipop-kernel-qa-thread-t3103105 is for Q&A, the other is NOT for Q&A discussion, it is the developer's OP (original post) here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/lp-5-0-2-kernel-3-4-107-dorimanx-1-0-lg-t3102512 Also I use the paid version of Amplify, some settings here: http://xdaforums.com/andr...stock-t2973588. I use the phone a lot, do not keep applications open in the background, and I keep the brightness down.

I thank @blastigor for my base ROM http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/development/rom-stock-lollipop-30b-stripped-t3144195 also thanking @Cloudyfa for when I flashed Cloudy over blastigator's base ROM. CloudyG2 3.3 here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/rom-cloudyg2-t3006744 , when (in the process of flashing Cloudy) I used @blastigor's patch http://xdaforums.com/att-g2/development/stock-patch-stock-g2-rom-att-t3124809. Cloudy, like so many other XDA developers sites (don't ask questions on the OP) also has a Q&A for Cloudy here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3136529.

@MajinBoo17, hopefully you do not have a bad XDA attitude, but your posting "What should I flash" , approaches exactly what 'bad' actually is on the XDA forums. I suspect many developers who collectively spend more than tens of thousand of hours learning and then sharing their knowledge on XDA forums would be very relieved if both junior and senior members would spend hours exploring XDA forums to learn much in finding their own solution. "What should I flash" infers a lazy instant gratification. I admit I am lazy too, but I'm trying otherwise to be the ignorant end-user I am.

I have avoided trying to flash the Xceed kernel here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/kernel-xceed-t3066637, not because I want to tweak my G2, but because if it works well with the Dorimanx kernel (and it works great), don't fix it. As per the last paragraph, Xceed's author, @kairi_zeroblade, is another knowledgeable developer who is very much over the noobie attitude, that XDA is a fast food restaurant for smartphones and other devices. I have viewed very many of kairi_zeroblade's posts both on XDA and other sites, and I have a deep respect for his work.

This last years XDA journey was first helped by many friends on my Samsung SGH-i537. What little wisdom I gained on this website's path was nevertheless patiently, steadfastly, and firmly taught by many, but (by this member's example) especially by @Devo7v. MajinBoo17, your phone will never be a Star Trek communicator, nor will it ever be the figment of perfection in your imagination, but please tread softly upon the path which so many developers have laid on the XDA forums.

Remember to backup (TWRP or...) what works for your phone, you'll have something to fall back on when something is skewed. Search and learn for days or weeks for a solution to your last problem or question. Any effort to gain a bit of knowledge or skill is worth your own victory over impatience, AND the incessant and constant burden weighing down developers, which noobies like us don't think is part of our exciting game in making our devices perfect.
Hi,
I'm sorry you are right it was a bit stupid but as you can this thread doesnt have a Q&A site. I was just confused about the fixes or whatever are included in this patch and yes I'm a end-user so I do not have much knowledge about developing.But I support some developer like dorimanx (buyed his OTA app).

Reactions: namitutonka

hakansonmez

Sep 27, 2016
I am asking to be sure, somebody please answer YES or NO :)

I will flash ANY lollipop based rom (for example that is made for d802 or d803)
Then flash this patch for my d800 immediately after flashing the rom.
Then reboot the system and enjoy the rom :)
YES or NO? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Patch a ROM for LG G2 d800!
    ---- Supports Model d800 ONLY! ----
    Lollipop ONLY!

What this is:
    This patch can be flashed after flashing a full non-d800 ROM (DO NOT REBOOT AFTER FLASHING A NON-D800 ROM, even into recovery!) It changes the appropriate system files to the d800 variant version, as well as makes the proper build.prop changes. Note: If you use a vs980, ls980, l01f, or f320 specific ROM, there may be additional build.prop changes that need to be made. I didn't add all those because most of the development is on d80* models. Even if it is specific to these other models, patch will likely work just fine.

I took the basic idea from @dev>null (see here) I had previously dumped all of our stock, d80030f partitions. I took those dumps and combined them with the basic gist of this other patch dev>null made.

What changes this makes:
    (1) Your entire bootloader is replaced. (a hybrid of 20y and 30f is applied)
    (2) Stock lollipop 30f modem/baseband is installed.
    (3) Stock lollipop 30f boot image, that has been bumped, is installed.
    (4) Variant specific /system files are deleted. Then they are replaced with the d800 30f version of those files.

Installation:
    (1) Boot into recovery, flash your desired ROM. (for my test, I used a d802 ROM)
    DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY, DO NOT!!!! If your ROM asks you to reboot after install, DO NOT!!!!!
    (2) Flash this patch.
    (3) That's it, you're done! It is okay to reboot now.
    Note: Some ROMs might replace your /recovery partition, in which case you should re-flash your recovery before rebooting.

Troubleshooting:
    SELinux / Bootloop
    This patch properly sets permissions on the files it replaces. That being said, the boot.img in this patch is set to selinux ENFORCING. This means if the ROM you flashed does not have proper support for selinux to begin with, you'll get a boot loop, or hang on the glowing notification LED. Go yell at your ROM dev to fix it, or flash a boot.img that has selinux PERMISSIVE.

ROMs for models other than d80*
    There are some additional build.prop changes that might need to be made if the ROM you want to use is f320/ls980/vs980/l01f. There isn't much development on ROMs specific to those models. I'll probably release a version 2 of the patch, eventually, to make these extra tweaks. However, it should work fine as is! The big exception is l01f ROMs. These ROMs are missing NFC files, so either NFC won't work, or the whole thing won't fail.

Major Thanks to:
    dev>null

Download:
    Did you read EVERYTHING above? If so, proceed -
    https://www.gregtwallace.com/lg-g2/d800-rom-patch/

Shameless plug for donations: :)
    Venmo Preferred (No Fee)

Zelle, send to greg@gregtwallace.com

Backup (Charges Fee)
    Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    d800 Lollipop ROM Patch, ROM for the AT&T LG G2

Contributors
    blastagator
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-06-01
    Last Updated 2019-12-31
    Change Log

July 29, 2015 (v1.5) (LP 5.0.x)
    -Do not flash misc partition. Not needed.
    -Overwrites MAC addresses and things.

June 23, 2015 (v1.4) (LP 5.0.x)
    -If /data/media exists, set the proper permissions and context
    -DONT use TWRP to wipe Internal Storage after running the patch/fix. If you want to wipe internal, do so BEFORE the patch/fix.

June 23, 2015 (v1.3) (LP 5.0.x)
    -Change version number to be same for both files (so skipped v1.2 for permission fixer)
    -Updated to latest file_contexts from dorimanx
    -FIX!!! - ROM Patch and SELinux Context patch both fix ntcode_listing.sh context
    ++First boot was hanging on completely clean wipe, d800 does not support context: u:eek:bject_r:ntcode_listing_exec:s0
    ++ntcode file only executes on first boot
    ++Add build prop tweaks to remove lines that cause execution of ntcode_listing.sh
    ++In case build.prop tweaks fail and file is executed for some reason, fix its permissions so d800 can execute

June 12, 2015 (LP 5.0.x)
    -Permission fixer v1.1
    -Fixes a couple of contexts (thanks @dorimanx)

June 11, 2015 (LP 5.0.x)
    -Created zip that should fix all SELinux Context and allow boot to ENFORCED mode.
    -Posted on my site as "LP ROM SELinux Context Fixer"
    -Flash after ROM, ONLY IF SELinux ENFORCE doesn't already work!

June 4, 2015 (v1.2) (LP 5.0.x)
    -Added automatic flash of d800 recovery - TWRP 2.8.6.3 (in case ROM overwrote recovery)
    -Also posted:
    ++Added a flashable zip containing devnull's permissive boot.
    ++Removed my permissive boot, it wasn't working right. Sorry!

June 1, 2015 (v1.1) (LP 5.0.x)
    -Supports conversion for Stock Lollipop ROMs from any LG G2 variant, except l01f and lgl22.
    -I will probably never add support for those two models since development is very minimal on them.
    -Also added other flashable zips to easily switch between ENFORCING and PERMISSIVE.
    -Replacement files come from Stock Lollipop d80030f.

June 1, 2015 (v1) (LP 5.0.x)
    -Initial Patch
    -Fully supports all d80* and f320 ROMs.
    -Will do update shortly to add support for converting ls/vs ROMS
    -Replacement files come from Stock Lollipop d80030f.

I just tried it. It won't boot... gives security error.

Dont know what but I seem to have done something wrong. I was on Blisspop, flashed Cloudy G2, flashed the patch, flashed permissive. When rebooted the screen showed the LG Logo and then "Security error" below it and shut off. I restored my back up with success but Im wondering what went wrong.

--Update--
    Restored back to stock and flashed the ROM that was tested by OP/Dev and patch and it worked fine. But this ROM doesnt seem to have my APN settings and I cant find them anywhere online =/

tried cloudyg2 3.0, with patch then permissive then twrp, reboot gives security error in the middle of screen. was coming from 20c
    Any specific order needed?
    Will try srkg2

Second that! I had CloudyG2 2.2, flashed CloudyG2 3.0, patch, permissive, reboot gave security error in the middle. :confused:

There is an issue with ROMs that need permissive. I am working on it now. I accidentally borked my phone so I had to go back to stock. Weeee! I'm working on it though :)

The permissive zip I posted wasn't so permissive, as I had thought. Sorry all! In good news: That means ports may work once I get this sorted :D
    But thank you so much for your your dedication blastgator
    You're welcome.

i try to install "SRKG2-2-00" rom and when i choose language pack (ISR) in first of the installation
    and after i flash the patch it seems to overwrite the language and the result is that i not getting the hebrew lang that i want :(
    is there any way to fix that?
    I looked at install script for selecting "ISR" and only difference is which modem is used and the addition of a "cust" partition. d800 does not have a cust partition, I'm guessing that is where the language is. Sorry. You can DL a Hebrew Keyboard though. Google for that :)

If you want to look inside "cust" file, I am posting RAR. You could probably get hebrew with a couple build.prop tweaks it looks like. (Assuming you can't already just pick it in the settings menu of the phone.)

greetings from Venezuela , great job you have done my thanks to you, patch 1.2 allows me to install the cloudy 3.0? I have this doubt before installing it and what would be the steps , thanks for your time , I hope your answer:good:
    Yes it works with Cloudy3.