[Q] Knock Code Not Working

OP Gnahziurnah

19th August 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hi forum,

My Knock Code seems to not be working at all. Here's what happened, retold to the best of my ability.

1. Knock Code was working about two days ago, even after I got my AT&T G2 and rooted it.
2. I installed BusyBox and installed it into my system, then made a complete backup using TWRP.
3. I rebooted and Knock Code no longer worked while the screen was off.

What IS strange though is that my Knock On function is still working, but problem seems to be that my screen only senses two taps maximum to wake up the screen. For example, with a 4-tap Knock Code set up and the screen off, the screen will turn on after two taps and take me to the Screen ON knock code prompt, and not unlock even though I tapped the full Code.

I've already tried accessing the hidden menu with 3845#*800# and then doing the hardware test and updating the touch firmware after the test, AND I've also done the touch update through the "settings" option in the hidden menu AS WELL AS done a sensor recalibration and a toggle of the knock on feature in the gestures subcategory of the phone settings.

Can anyone please help?
20th August 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnahziurnah

Hi forum,

My Knock Code seems to not be working at all. Here's what happened, retold to the best of my ability.

1. Knock Code was working about two days ago, even after I got my AT&T G2 and rooted it.
2. I installed BusyBox and installed it into my system, then made a complete backup using TWRP.

What IS strange though is that my Knock On function is still working, but problem seems to be that my screen only senses two taps maximum to wake up the screen. For example, with a 4-tap Knock Code set up and the screen off, the screen will turn on after two taps and take me to the Screen ON knock code prompt, and not unlock even though I tapped the full Code.

I've already tried accessing the hidden menu with 3845#*800# and then doing the hardware test and updating the touch firmware after the test, AND I've also done the touch update through the "settings" option in the hidden menu AS WELL AS done a sensor recalibration and a toggle of the knock on feature in the gestures subcategory of the phone settings.

Can anyone please help?

Autorec downgrades the kernel to install TWRP, losing knock code. As far as I know, you can use it again by installing the dorimanx kernel.

Sent from my LG-D800
The Following User Says Thank You to Zamgwd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Thank you very much!
22nd August 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,486

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnahziurnah

Hi forum,

Can anyone please help?

just like zamgwd autorec downgrades kernel and because of this you lose knock on/code ability; and installing a custom kernel with knock code support will get you knock on/code working again; there are many of them that will give you this option out of them a good option for someone who wants to keep the stock experience is to use cloudy kernel which is completely stock based; other than that check out the many kernels available which have great features/battery life/performance/etc
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread