Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unhappy [Q] AT&T's 6-11-14 FOTA crashed my rooted D800

OP Salguod

18th June 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I need help to restore my phone to functioning. It only boots into TWRP.

Before the ATT FOTA, the phone was running stock OTA KitKat 4.4.2 with latest kernel. It was rooted with ioroot 2.5. I also installed TWRP 2.7.0 to evaluate custom ROMs. I had done a nandroid a month back, but I can't recover it in TWRP as it's not listed. TWRP indicates I may have lost root access and tries to reinstall SU to no avail. I did a wipe of everything but data, so there is no SU to run.

I've got my computer setup with ADB 1.0.32, but I'm not able to get the LG unified USB driver to work. This has halted me as I hoped to push a ROM onto the phone.

Please help!
19th June 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Glenview
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
I have the same problem with my phone any help much appreciated. Except I have a backup nandroid and the process went thru but my phone only boots into twrp. I've tried factory reset and reinstalling my custom ROM and again my phone just reboots into twrp

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salguod

I need help to restore my phone to functioning. It only boots into TWRP.

Before the ATT FOTA, the phone was running stock OTA KitKat 4.4.2 with latest kernel. It was rooted with ioroot 2.5. I also installed TWRP 2.7.0 to evaluate custom ROMs. I had done a nandroid a month back, but I can't recover it in TWRP as it's not listed. TWRP indicates I may have lost root access and tries to reinstall SU to no avail. I did a wipe of everything but data, so there is no SU to run.

I've got my computer setup with ADB 1.0.32, but I'm not able to get the LG unified USB driver to work. This has halted me as I hoped to push a ROM onto the phone.

Please help!

Try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
21st June 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #4  
DvineLord's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bedford, TX
Thanks Meter: 379
 
1,292 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
The above thread is how I got mine to boot again but it became unrooted so I flashed latest supersu 2.0 in recovery. I'm pretty sure everything is back to normal again.
24th June 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More help needed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvineLord

The above thread is how I got mine to boot again but it became unrooted so I flashed latest supersu 2.0 in recovery. I'm pretty sure everything is back to normal again.

I followed the thread and I used the TWRP command line to run:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota


Below is the output:

Updating partition details…
Full SELinux support is present.
/ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd: writing ‘/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota’: No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied,
1.813425 seconds, 17.6MB/s


The phone is still stuck in a boot loop and loading TWRP. Any recommendations?
25th June 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #6  
hockeyfamily737's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 2,817
 
2,240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salguod

I followed the thread and I used the TWRP command line to run:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota


Below is the output:

Updating partition details…
Full SELinux support is present.
/ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd: writing ‘/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota’: No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied,
1.813425 seconds, 17.6MB/s


The phone is still stuck in a boot loop and loading TWRP. Any recommendations?

Try restoring your nandroid now. If you wiped everything except data as you indicated in your OP, then you currently have no system installed.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
29th June 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #7  
DvineLord's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bedford, TX
Thanks Meter: 379
 
1,292 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
What do i need to freeze or uninstall to prevent this from happening again?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes