Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Touch screen problems

OP StakMak99

19th July 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pensacola
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I am an EXTREME NEWBIE, so please excuse me if I am posting this wrong but my touch screen is totally dead from the very top to about 2 inches down, I have to turn my phone sideways to get to hit any of the icons.... etc, also it has a mind of its own and the screen will start flipping out and hits buttons, will launch apps and look up stuff on my browser, just plain go crazy! Then it will start working again. I never know when it's going to start acting up again. Never been rooted or anything, In my stupidity, I took the ota update so it's on the 20u update.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 26

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StakMak99

I am an EXTREME NEWBIE, so please excuse me if I am posting this wrong but my touch screen is totally dead from the very top to about 2 inches down, I have to turn my phone sideways to get to hit any of the icons.... etc, also it has a mind of its own and the screen will start flipping out and hits buttons, will launch apps and look up stuff on my browser, just plain go crazy! Then it will start working again. I never know when it's going to start acting up again. Never been rooted or anything, In my stupidity, I took the ota update so it's on the 20u update.

well your not the first to experience this. Please do a little search on XDA you'll find several posts regarding this.
21st July 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pensacola

3 posts
More
Kasvinda, With all respect to you and forgive me for the error in my question. In your wisdom, will you be so kind as to help me out and point me in the right direction, I am a fast learner & I WILL PICK UP ON ALL THE RULES VERY QUICKLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

22nd July 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #4  
Flag Colombo

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
HAHA good .. So this happened after you getting the 20u update? Anyway assuming that its a software issue perform a factory reset. This is the universal solution for anything and its the easiest. So do it and see
The Following User Says Thank You to Kasvinda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pensacola

3 posts
More
Tried that, even tried updating the touch screen in the service menu, it's never been rooted, straight stock att firmware, out of the box, about 3 months old, I m gonna send it back under the warranty. I do have a t mobile in the box, a T-Mobile G1 by htc i think, and a htc hero200 ,still in the box. Original condition.

23rd July 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Colombo

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thats unlucky hopefully you'll get it replaced
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread