Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touch screen problems

Tip us?

StakMak99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touch screen problems

I am an EXTREME NEWBIE, so please excuse me if I am posting this wrong but my touch screen is totally dead from the very top to about 2 inches down, I have to turn my phone sideways to get to hit any of the icons.... etc, also it has a mind of its own and the screen will start flipping out and hits buttons, will launch apps and look up stuff on my browser, just plain go crazy! Then it will start working again. I never know when it's going to start acting up again. Never been rooted or anything, In my stupidity, I took the ota update so it's on the 20u update.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kasvinda
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by StakMak99 View Post
I am an EXTREME NEWBIE, so please excuse me if I am posting this wrong but my touch screen is totally dead from the very top to about 2 inches down, I have to turn my phone sideways to get to hit any of the icons.... etc, also it has a mind of its own and the screen will start flipping out and hits buttons, will launch apps and look up stuff on my browser, just plain go crazy! Then it will start working again. I never know when it's going to start acting up again. Never been rooted or anything, In my stupidity, I took the ota update so it's on the 20u update.

well your not the first to experience this. Please do a little search on XDA you'll find several posts regarding this.
Hit thanks if you value my post!

StakMak99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Kasvinda, With all respect to you and forgive me for the error in my question. In your wisdom, will you be so kind as to help me out and point me in the right direction, I am a fast learner & I WILL PICK UP ON ALL THE RULES VERY QUICKLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Kasvinda
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
HAHA good .. So this happened after you getting the 20u update? Anyway assuming that its a software issue perform a factory reset. This is the universal solution for anything and its the easiest. So do it and see
The Following User Says Thank You to Kasvinda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StakMak99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tried that, even tried updating the touch screen in the service menu, it's never been rooted, straight stock att firmware, out of the box, about 3 months old, I m gonna send it back under the warranty. I do have a t mobile in the box, a T-Mobile G1 by htc i think, and a htc hero200 ,still in the box. Original condition.

Kasvinda
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Thats unlucky hopefully you'll get it replaced

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more