FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[NCE}{SafeStrap]DeOdexed/Extreme Debloat/Stock/Android L Features

4,610 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,336

By elliwigy, Senior Member on 5th July 2014, 02:42 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th May 2015, 02:21 AM |#1111  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniyyelgsm

Flashed 3.2 tether version but no hotspot. Anyways to add it or get it working?

I think that's a known bug unfortunately, and to the best of my knowledge this ROM is not being developed any further - but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!

28th May 2015, 05:55 AM |#1112  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Sorry for keeping this Rom Alive. jijiji

Android was a nice OS, but N C A, Google , Samsung and finally the Terror of all carriers AT&T with its lock bootloader. I personally will never buy another AT&T/Samsung phone. But It was given to me, my relatives got it free so what can I do. Yes I am unemployed and I could not afford it anyway myself.

This is not for everyone, it is as empty as it can be. No more support, means you need ti do it your elf. So it require that the user get familiar with manipulating system files. I personally like V1.8 but could not make the wifi tether work. It seems to require some mods on the framework to show Hotspot Icon in Apps drawer.

So I went back to 3.2 tether version. I do not like the Google Launcher so I replaced with Nova Launcher from V1.8, and deleted the Google Search Velvet.apk, I do not use it and Why I want to have a spy microphone in my phone On all the time! Did replace back V1.8 bootanimations for the ugly computer one. Make many other changes like adding back SMS Messenger from original Stock plus add Clock and Calendar from S3 CM10.2

Only problem is that my Hackers Keyboard is crashing. I do not like the actual keyboard, If you look at the data consumption that keyboard uses wifi/data!!! I bet you it logs what you type. So for now I am using Go Keyboard. Be ware this keyboard uses wifi too!! figure. But is a temporary adjust until I get a proper replacement.

Now lets talk about why I am writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniyyelgsm

Flashed 3.2 tether version but no hotspot. Anyways to add it or get it working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorqus

I think that's a known bug unfortunately, and to the best of my knowledge this ROM is not being developed any further - but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!

This is wrong, You can make 3.2 tether version work by adding the TetheringProvision_Patch_v2.zip from
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358555997
via safetrap.

My phone was on 4.4.4 0A1. I do not know if you can install 3.2 tether version from OA1!!! So I did downgrade to NC3 first. I use muniz_ri files in [How-To] Root G900A_OA1 - 4.4.4 (2/3/2015) =>http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...-2015-t3021120.
Listen It is not my intention in creating a tutorial, but here was the files I used.

*G900A_Downgrade_to_NCE.rar => https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712464416
*G900A_ND3_Stock_Kernel =>https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712464356
*You can not use G900A_OA1_Stock_Kernel because you need to go back to NC3 so I did replace NC3 boot.img inside that package re-zip and called G900A_NC3_Stock_Kernel

Going back, As I said my main issue now is making Hackers Keyboard work. I guess it could be easier to go back to V1.8, copy the changed framwork in V3.2 an see if it does not crash. I do not understand why but in 1rst post it reads on Add-Ons:

Quote:

- Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard. Go To Advanced Settings and Change Theme to Material)

28th May 2015, 10:38 PM |#1113  

More
As I said my main issue now is making Hackers Keyboard work.

I could not use the 3.2 framework Kept giving me problems with Hackers Keyboard. And Why
Quote:

- Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard

So I the went back to V1.8 where Hackers Keyboard works without Issue. Now here is my

Solution to have wifi tether.

I create a update.zip file called G900AUCU1ANCE_Tether_unlock+toggle&SDCardFix.zip =>

_https://mega.co.nz/#!aN9wwTqS!OfvpC9OZ5_EKcDUwhLKyBuxjtqBzXp0bxZ68Nob fEJc

As the name state, it does:
1) restore wifi tether
2) restore MobileData Icon in Notification Panel - For Easy LTE On/OFF
3) Fix KitKat External SDcard Access to old programs.

Important, this files require to have a valid data/cashe to modify the files. If you try to instal V1.8 from scratch, then you can also install supersu zip from safetrap at the same time. But you are then require to boot and start you rom at least once so that the data and cache gets initialize. Then in next reboot you can install G900AUCU1ANCE_Tether_unlock+toggle&SDCardFix.zip using safetrap.

One last sugestion, the rom has no file-manager, clock, messenger, calendar etc. You can use Google Play to add missing apks. Please remember you can always insert a file-manager like this. Lets say you use ES_Explorer.apk. From command line do

Code:
adb install ES_Explorer.apk
Now that you have a file-manager it easy to install by sideload from external sdcard the rest.

Enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to r2d23cpo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2015, 03:24 AM |#1114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 2,336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d23cpo

As I said my main issue now is making Hackers Keyboard work.

I could not use the 3.2 framework Kept giving me problems with Hackers Keyboard. And Why

So I the went back to V1.8 where Hackers Keyboard works without Issue. Now here is my

Solution to have wifi tether.

I create a update.zip file called G900AUCU1ANCE_Tether_unlock+toggle&SDCardFix.zip =>

_https://mega.co.nz/#!aN9wwTqS!OfvpC9OZ5_EKcDUwhLKyBuxjtqBzXp0bxZ68Nob fEJc

As the name state, it does:
1) restore wifi tether
2) restore MobileData Icon in Notification Panel - For Easy LTE On/OFF
3) Fix KitKat External SDcard Access to old programs.

Important, this files require to have a valid data/cashe to modify the files. If you try to instal V1.8 from scratch, then you can also install supersu zip from safetrap at the same time. But you are then require to boot and start you rom at least once so that the data and cache gets initialize. Then in next reboot you can install G900AUCU1ANCE_Tether_unlock+toggle&SDCardFix.zip using safetrap.

One last sugestion, the rom has no file-manager, clock, messenger, calendar etc. You can use Google Play to add missing apks. Please remember you can always insert a file-manager like this. Lets say you use ES_Explorer.apk. From command line do

Code:
adb install ES_Explorer.apk
Now that you have a file-manager it easy to install by sideload from external sdcard the rest.

Enjoy

thanks for helping out the users still on here..

i never had the device (have vzw) and me and raynan have newer devices.

the whole point of the rom is exactly what you posted, a rom that is bare that you can customize yourself! its not always for beginners but ppl like you make it easy for beginners with your detail..

welcome to the syndicate!

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2015, 02:24 AM |#1115  
Flag Big Lake
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I tried the q&a but I got bored. I have no GPS after Odin back to nce from 5.0. Is it leftover stuff from 5.0? What am I missing?
10th June 2015, 03:10 AM |#1116  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 500

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearnakedbrew

I tried the q&a but I got bored. I have no GPS after Odin back to nce from 5.0. Is it leftover stuff from 5.0? What am I missing?

I started a thread 2 weeks ago that has the GPS fix in Q&A, try looking past page 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimwick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2015, 04:06 AM |#1117  
Flag Big Lake
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwick

I started a thread 2 weeks ago that has the GPS fix in Q&A, try looking past page 1.

That was really helpful, Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to bearnakedbrew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2015, 04:50 PM |#1118  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 500

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearnakedbrew

That was really helpful, Thank you.

............ let me know if it works for ya or if you need more help........
16th June 2015, 05:42 AM |#1119  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwick

............ let me know if it works for ya or if you need more help........

Is this the info
Quote:

Here is the fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjonez & talkingmonkeys

Here is the fix for the GPS issue , which is why I was trying to get the menu working in 2.0.

On you dialer type in this USSD *#0011#
Press menu key > press back
Press menu key > press key input > Q
Press menu key > press key input > 0000
Wait for a few seconds and the screen options will change
[2] UE SETTING & INFO
[1] SETTING
[2] SYSTEM
[3] NVREBUILD
Press on System, Protocol, GPS, IMS
Wait for 30 seconds and then shutdown your phone
Power On phone

I tryied in V1.8 but could not make the code works,

I press *#0011# green buton and I get respond

"Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

thanks for helping out the users still on here..

i never had the device (have vzw) and me and raynan have newer devices.

the whole point of the rom is exactly what you posted, a rom that is bare that you can customize yourself! its not always for beginners but ppl like you make it easy for beginners with your detail..

welcome to the syndicate!

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks I did this for my self. This rom Is what I needed. Now I make a backup and it is just 1.2 g instead of 4g!!!
Thanks goes to you and your team.
The Following User Says Thank You to r2d23cpo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread