[NCE}{SafeStrap]DeOdexed/Extreme Debloat/Stock/Android L Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
i installed v3.2 (tried both non-tether and tether version) and i can't get fingerprint scanner to work. when i open "finger scanner" and then open "fingerprint manager" i get "an error has occurred with the fingerprint scanner. if this message appears repeatedly, restart your device" which seems to indicate it is a service error. i reverted back to stock firmware and confirmed the fingerprint sensor works fine and lets me register prints. i used titanium backup to see if there was an app that might be missing, only thing that caught my eye was "NNL fingerprint passport" but even if i restore that and reboot the phone i still can't use the fingerprint manager.

raynan was developing this rom but weve both moved on so we are not supporting this device anymore

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

scarlion

Mar 15, 2015
raynan was developing this rom but weve both moved on so we are not supporting this device anymore

okay, well aren't there others out there that still use it? i noticed these messages in logcat:
Code:
E/vfmjni  ( 1438): file (jni/src/vcsClientInterface.cpp) line (194)
E/FPMS_FingerprintManagerService( 1438): notifyEnrollBegin: Sensor is not ready!!!
but guess i will check out some other roms

ChinDaChin

Dec 17, 2013
Great ROMs. All my friends are jealous of how much space I've got, the functionality of the phone, and the battery life!

Quick question - I'm currently on ANCE. Does 2.x, and 3.x support ANCE? Do I have to update the a newer baseband version to use 2.x,3.x(Don't want to brick the phone)

Dgameman1

Mar 2, 2013
Hey guys!

So I went ahead and followed this guide to go back to stock 4.4.2

I then went ahead and followed this guide starting from the part that says "Install Pre-Rooted Lollipop on AT&T Galaxy S5"

I went ahead and installed busybox from the playstore and then installed SafeStrap.apk. But now, safestrap doesn't load when I'm booting up the phone so I'm not able to install this rom. Any ideas?

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Hey guys!

So I went ahead and followed this guide to go back to stock 4.4.2

I then went ahead and followed this guide starting from the part that says "Install Pre-Rooted Lollipop on AT&T Galaxy S5"

I went ahead and installed busybox from the playstore and then installed SafeStrap.apk. But now, safestrap doesn't load when I'm booting up the phone so I'm not able to install this rom. Any ideas?

safestrap works only on kk to my knowledge.. if your on rooted lollipop try using flashfire ;)

Reactions: Dgameman1

ecera

Jun 11, 2013
So.. I went ahead and used flashfire, but now it's stuck at the Samsung load screen with the custom lock .

Lol What do?

In the first post of talkingmonkeys thread he has detailed instructions on how to use safestrap on lollipop. I used the method there on my old s5. I think it depends on what bootloader you have. You might have to odin stock if your phone won't boot. Do you know what bootloader you have?

Dgameman1

Mar 2, 2013
In the first post of talkingmonkeys thread he has detailed instructions on how to use safestrap on lollipop. I used the method there on my old s5. I think it depends on what bootloader you have. You might have to odin stock if your phone won't boot. Do you know what bootloader you have?

I went ahead and odined back to stock and am doing the process all over again.

And this is the guide I followed and it worked.

Thank you so much
FlashFire Method (Thanks Rakuu for writing this, I made some changes to this guide):
Open flashfire, tap the +, and then tap "Flash zip or OTA" and browse to where you saved this rom on your device and add it.
Tap the + and tap "Wipe" and check everything except internal storage (unless you want to wipe your external sdcard)
Now make sure you have the actions in the following order:
Wipe
Flash zip or OTA
Just be sure that wipe is the first thing it does. FlashFire likes to set it as last even if you select to wipe before you add the rom zip.
Check to make sure within the actions you have everything checked correctly, you can leave everroot disabled as the installer in the ROM zip does this, and also leave reboot as default.
Tap the lightning bolt and then tap OK and wait for it to do its work.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
I went ahead and odined back to stock and am doing the process all over again.

And this is the guide I followed and it worked.

Thank you so much

glad you got it working. my new rom threads have instructions specific for FF..

what happened most likely is you flashed the rom then wiped it with the wipe option in ff so there was no rom installed for it to boot up

Reactions: Dgameman1

Dgameman1

Mar 2, 2013
glad you got it working. my new rom threads have instructions specific for FF..

what happened most likely is you flashed the rom then wiped it with the wipe option in ff so there was no rom installed for it to boot up

Alright, I'm apparently retarded, I made sure it wiped first but the phone still got stuck booting up.

I tried 3.2_no_teth version. lol

cmjester6421

OK can't help but wonder is it just me or does v4a not install even if busybox is working and at xbin I gave up on that however one odd thing I use 500 firepaper on all my phones what is the correct method to reinstall wallpaper picker I've really tied two ways but the app crashes when I choose 500firepaper......
I now know busy box is is not working at /xbin I can't quite figure out why I tried to use multi system and it would not read busybox either and neither will viper4android

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
....3 days can't help feel like no one really wants to even help with this ROM well works for me ty anyway

this rom was maintained by raynan but weve both moved on to other devices over a year or so ago as well as ive never owned any ATT devices.

v4a should work if it doesnt then try manually installing it including the sepolicy fix..

busybox should work so long as you install the right one.

never used 500 paper but typically livewallpaperpicker could be manually pushed but you need to ensure you have its other dependencies installed as well.

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
....3 days can't help feel like no one really wants to even help with this ROM well works for me ty anyway

I'll chime in for what might be the last time, unfortunately. I no longer have this device and have left this open so current users can help each other out.

From what I remember, I never had issues with busybox or V4A after installing SuperSU. I never used the flashable V4A; just the app and gave it root access to install itself.

Reactions: elliwigy

appsandcrack

Sep 17, 2016
Is this for s5 active G870A?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

If is for g870a plz tell me the all steps.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Is this for s5 active G870A?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

If is for g870a plz tell me the all steps.

i havent had an s5 in years so i cant say for certain but i would be careful to say the least and see if anyone can confirm before even attempting to avoid potential bricks

Reactions: appsandcrack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naked TouchWiz v3.2 Tether/Non-Tether Builds Available!!!

Any Questions Should Be Posted In The Q&A Thread. I Will Be Keeping An Eye On Both This Thread And The Q&A Thread
    :good:

DO NOT USE ROM SLOTS! THEY DO NOT WORK YET! ONLY USE THE STOCK ROM SLOT!

Extreme Debloat v1.9-v2.3b are all alpha builds; they might work, they might not. Let me know of any issues, but don't expect extensive support for these builds.

You ever wanted a ROM that you put what you want into it? Ever wanted a ROM without all the crap you never use? This is the ROM for you!

PLEASE READ: So we have many successful flashes! As you can see the ROM is under 400mb... It is very possible that we may have missed some useless files or bloatware; this is how you can help:

1: If you know the file name in the app/priv-app folder of the bloat then post it here or PM @elliwigy or @raynan!
    2: Uninstalling something from Titanium Backup will tell you the com.android.whatever, and the last pop up right before you uninstall the bloat will be the exact file name that we need to remove it from the ROM! Thanks for the help, and enjoy!

Features:

- Based Off My AT&T NCE ZIP
    - DeOdex Version Available (Odex Might Come Later Once Verified DeOdexed Works Well)
    - Rooted
    - BusyBox
    - Zipaligned
    - Native Hotspot
    - Knox Free (v1.1+)
    - Init.D (v1.1+)
    - Debloated (More removed since v1.1+)
    - Lollipop checkboxes, radio buttons and fonts
    - Download Booster (Have to create a toggle for it to work which can be found in the thread for it. I will make instructions and have someone test out adding a toggle to Quick Tiles if the maker of it will give me permission to do so.)

Add-Ons:

- Google Now Launcher (Default Launcher)
    - Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard. Go To Advanced Settings and Change Theme to Material)
    - Android L System UI Sounds (Not All System UI Sounds are Available Yet, I Added What I Found!)
    - Android L Alarm Sounds
    - Android L Ringtones
    - Android L Notification Sounds
    - No Stock SMS (Removed stock SMS apk, move SMS apk from download link before flashing if you want stock on first boot)
    LpoeUzP.gif

Stuff Removed:
    Naturally, in order to get the ROM down to size we had to remove a LOT of stuff from the ROM itself. All basic functions should work. Some of the things that were removed are here:

- Drive Mode
    - Baby Stuff
    - Kid Stuff
    - AT&T Junk
    - Samsung Junk
    - Stock Messaging app
    - Stock Browsers
    - Stock Launcher
    - Stock Ringtones, Notification Sounds & Alarms
    - Stock Clock
    - Ultra Power Saving Mode (not that you really need it anymore :p)
    - SHealth
    - S-Voice
    - My Files
    -Useless S-Pen Files
    -Not working ART stuff
    .... You Get The Picture! I do not want to hear about if I'm going to add this or that. If you want SHealth then this is not the ROM for you (unless you can find a zip or a way to side load it.) There are stock options with all the bloat you want!

Coming Soon:

-Themed SystemUI--Just a few more apps to go! :good:
    -Themed System Apps
    -Possibly Port Apps from my Nexus 5 Running Android "L"
    -ART Compatibility
    -Odexed Version

Working:

- Just About Everything!
    - Location Bug Squashed (It will now stick without having to reboot device. If for some reason it wont stick, try a reboot and it should work.)
    -No more settings FC
    -Most FCs you find will be from features removed, head to apps folder and follow the Google Doc to install missing features.

Not Working:

- To Set Wallpaper, You Can Long Press Home Screen or Set From Gallery (I removed native wallpaper picker so it wont work through settings)
    -Wallpaper Picker is in the download link!

Install Instructions:

1: Download ROM from link below.
    2: Download SuperSU.zip from HERE.
    3: Place ROM and SuperSU.zip on External SD Card (Or you should be able to use internal)
    3.5: (Optional) Move/Copy stock apps from the download link to /system/app.
    4: Boot in Recovery, make a backup if you want to be on the safe side.
    5: In SafeStrap Recovery, use Stock Slot and Wipe (Standard wipe should work)
    6: Flash the ROM.zip and then flash the SuperSU.zip immediately after.
    7: Reboot System and ENJOY

I am not responsible for your phone if something goes wrong during flashing of the ROM. I can assure you both ODEX and DeOdex versions were tested on MY OWN retail Verizon S5 @raynan 's AT&T retail S5 and everything worked the way it should!

Shout Outs:

- @Geohot for www.towelroot.com
    - @Hashcode0f for this little thing called SafeStrap Recovery!
    - @Misterxtc for answering all my questions
    - @Edgarf28 For inspiring me to make this ROM (His XtreStoLite ROM is still smaller than mine haha) and also for his Aroma Add-on Package I used to see what I could remove without breaking the ROM
    - Archikitchen (for the kitchen to make it happen)
    - The AT&T users in here that asked me to make the ROM for AT&T
    - The person who made the download booster MOD
    - Viper4Android for the awesome audio MOD!
    - @MrHyde03 for providing us with the toggle to be able to enable Download Booster! You're the man!
    - @Versatile1 for letting me use his modded stock Email packages. Link to his page here.
    - @kevin_1351 for letting me add his keyboard to the package! Link to his thread here.
    -@KuaQ for the radio buttons and checkboxes!
    - Everyone else I am forgetting!

Downloads:

v1.2-present

@raynan's Google Drive - Changelog and stock apps in Drive.

v1.1 - 7/5/2014 - ~618mb

Extreme Debloat v1.1 - Changelog in Post 3
    MD5: 24990519c796b0450bb300ef74deed3e

DeOdex - 684mb:
    Extreme Debloat v1.0
    MD5: 7cb1ffe13da51a28522a282e9c494877

P.S. I have also uploaded the bases I created. I also updated my VZW S5 ROM that I put on the back-burner for you AT&T folks! So that ROM is going to be uploaded next, and then the bases for anyone to use as they see fit!

A donation is not required, but I would be grateful to those who help support the cause! I am saving funds for a new laptop and (I doubt it) any devices people want me to work on!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Naked TouchWiz, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    elliwigy, Raynan
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3 RC1
    Current Beta Version: 2.3b

Created 2014-07-05
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Reserved

Add Ons:

Download Booster (already built into ROM just need to do this to be able to enable it)
    1: Look up the thread in att forums for the zip.. will post by tom.. currently with fam but the vzw toggle will break
    2: Go into SafeStrap Recovery and flash the file you downloaded. This will add the Download Booster Toggle to the Quick Tiles so you can enable Download Booster! Thanks go to MrHyde03 for making the flashable toggle.zip!
    3: It does say NCG (Verizon Variant) but should also work for AT&T as the files used for download booster are identical.

Viper4Audio
    1: It is already installed on the ROM as well as the build.prop has been edited.
    2: Open Viper APK and install the drivers for it (it is easy and choose the settings you want.)
    3: After the reboot, go into Settings>Sound>Music Effects and make sure Viper is selected. #Win

To Do List:

1: Obviously, remove more bloat!
    I have uploaded v2.2b to the beta folder if anyone wants to give it a go. My next goal is to get a flashable theme going. I have only themed systemui and settings so far, but am making my way to the other apps as well.
    Does 3.1 say 3.0 in the settings? Not sure if I'm updated or not...

Sent from my Naked Samsung SM-G900A

Oops, it does, sorry about that. In doing some final testing on 3.15. Found a bug when signing into Google. Once it's worked out, I'll upload it. Sorry for the delay, folks.
    Hats off to you guys this phone is incredibly snappy and beyond awesome battery life.

I had 4.5 hours of streaming Pandora and about 30 minutes of Netflix and 20ish minutes of YouTube.

Everyday I have this phone now I love it more and more so glad I didn't get the HTC one m8.

Sent from my SS ROMed S5

awesome battery life! that was the whole point in making it.. reduce size increase performance and battery and allow you to build on it yourself.. if n e one cares to know, outside of raynans build i plan on first making a new build for my phone (vzw s5) and then this one.. i will build new version off raynans most recent build.. i plan on looking into adding an aosp lockscreen, and some performance tweaks, and also a browser i found that is more like stock android L looking browser that is only ~100kb so its not a hit to the overall size of the rom..

If you like the rom please feel free to rate the thread 5 star!

Also it never hurt to buy someone a beer ;).. money motivates everyone but is not required!

But at least hit the thanks button if you can!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app