Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]KoolKit S5 Kool_Active V1.1.0 08/24/2014[ROM SafeStrap]

Tip us?

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstayton View Post
go here for the Unity ROM thread (It will be moved to development thread soon)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=1
Thanks!!!!
If I've helped you in anyway, please hit the "Thanks Button".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raccroc
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstayton View Post
ok, i do understand some people dont like some mods, thats a given accross any platform. that being said i tend to include mods that are most often requested i.e. the battery mods (3minit happens to be the best out out there) it is integrated into the rom and yes if you uninstall it you will break systemui. unfortunately i have a lot of projects going on so am unable to catter to every request i get for "can you do this" or "can you do that". i hope you understand and as time permits i will put together a return to stock mod and place it in post #2.
Thank you for the response and I understand completely. My intent was never to be critical of the work you are doing (and I hope you did not read it that way), it is purely a personal preference of my own. As I tend to dislike ROMs with theming as a rule, I rolled back to B03.

Also, 3minit may be the best; however, it is basically a simple icon theme engine that boinks systemui if forcibly removed...not a chance in hell that will stay on my phone.

So questions I still have:
1. I'll post in the 3minit thread if needed...can anyone direct me to a manual uninstall for 3minit battery (like replace systemui with a clean version from B03, for example)j? I don't need a patch if someone can just get me pointed in the right direction.
2. Is there any way to disable Home Wake without it being done at the ROM build level (would prefer to avoid Xposed, but will try it if that is the only option)?

cstayton
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,920

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccroc View Post
Thank you for the response and I understand completely. My intent was never to be critical of the work you are doing (and I hope you did not read it that way), it is purely a personal preference of my own. As I tend to dislike ROMs with theming as a rule, I rolled back to B03.

Also, 3minit may be the best; however, it is basically a simple icon theme engine that boinks systemui if forcibly removed...not a chance in hell that will stay on my phone.

So questions I still have:
1. I'll post in the 3minit thread if needed...can anyone direct me to a manual uninstall for 3minit battery (like replace systemui with a clean version from B03, for example)j? I don't need a patch if someone can just get me pointed in the right direction.
2. Is there any way to disable Home Wake without it being done at the ROM build level (would prefer to avoid Xposed, but will try it if that is the only option)?
no i didnt read it that way at all, i do this for the members and for my own enjoyment without you Devs would have no place, so dont worry .

unfortunaetly i think the systemui from b03 would likely fail since it is a different base. but now that Unity rom is out i have time to work on a return to stock for you, ill try to have it posted tommorow sometime.

Devices:
HTC One X+ Retired
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Root KoolKit ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" JB4.2.2 SM-T217A Rooted S5 Tweaked

If you think my work is worthwhile feel free to donate
by clicking on the "Donate to me" button.
Thank you for your support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]