7th September 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #301  
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 507

926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstayton

go here for the Unity ROM thread (It will be moved to development thread soon)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=1

Thanks!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #302  
Thanks Meter: 6

80 posts
Quote:

ok, i do understand some people dont like some mods, thats a given accross any platform. that being said i tend to include mods that are most often requested i.e. the battery mods (3minit happens to be the best out out there) it is integrated into the rom and yes if you uninstall it you will break systemui. unfortunately i have a lot of projects going on so am unable to catter to every request i get for "can you do this" or "can you do that". i hope you understand and as time permits i will put together a return to stock mod and place it in post #2.

Thank you for the response and I understand completely. My intent was never to be critical of the work you are doing (and I hope you did not read it that way), it is purely a personal preference of my own. As I tend to dislike ROMs with theming as a rule, I rolled back to B03.

Also, 3minit may be the best; however, it is basically a simple icon theme engine that boinks systemui if forcibly removed...not a chance in hell that will stay on my phone.

So questions I still have:
1. I'll post in the 3minit thread if needed...can anyone direct me to a manual uninstall for 3minit battery (like replace systemui with a clean version from B03, for example)j? I don't need a patch if someone can just get me pointed in the right direction.
2. Is there any way to disable Home Wake without it being done at the ROM build level (would prefer to avoid Xposed, but will try it if that is the only option)?
8th September 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #303  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.
Thanks Meter: 3,407

2,232 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccroc

Thank you for the response and I understand completely. My intent was never to be critical of the work you are doing (and I hope you did not read it that way), it is purely a personal preference of my own. As I tend to dislike ROMs with theming as a rule, I rolled back to B03.

Also, 3minit may be the best; however, it is basically a simple icon theme engine that boinks systemui if forcibly removed...not a chance in hell that will stay on my phone.

So questions I still have:
1. I'll post in the 3minit thread if needed...can anyone direct me to a manual uninstall for 3minit battery (like replace systemui with a clean version from B03, for example)j? I don't need a patch if someone can just get me pointed in the right direction.
2. Is there any way to disable Home Wake without it being done at the ROM build level (would prefer to avoid Xposed, but will try it if that is the only option)?

no i didnt read it that way at all, i do this for the members and for my own enjoyment without you Devs would have no place, so dont worry .

unfortunaetly i think the systemui from b03 would likely fail since it is a different base. but now that Unity rom is out i have time to work on a return to stock for you, ill try to have it posted tommorow sometime.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #304  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Quote:

[CENTER]

A great ROM for S5 Active SM-G870A.
If conducted unlocked bootloader would be a great addition more ...
The Following User Says Thank You to p950q For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #305  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.

2,232 posts
Donate to Me
More
KoolKit ROM
Ok, just in case anyone is wondering about development for this ROM, effective as of now this rom is no longer in development and has been superseded by my Unity V2.0.0 NI2 build located HERE

Thanks for your support and hope to see you in the Unity thread.

Craig
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #306  
USA
Thanks Meter: 81

483 posts
Come over to the Unity side...I waited but have since moved over. Working excellently well.
18th October 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #307  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,719

4,388 posts
More
@cstayton
Many thanks to you for the excellent work ...and we'll see you in the unity thread....PEACE !!....g
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #308  
Thanks Meter: 15

76 posts
Hey, I have an s5 active on stock rom, rooted, and i need to change the seminar kernel to passive instead of enforcing, but my stock rom won't switch to permissive... I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it works? I'm using the app seeing kernel changer, also tried the setting in Wanam to no avail...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app
20th November 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #309  
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 507

926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmietilt

Hey, I have an s5 active on stock rom, rooted, and i need to change the seminar kernel to passive instead of enforcing, but my stock rom won't switch to permissive... I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it works? I'm using the app seeing kernel changer, also tried the setting in Wanam to no avail...

I don't believe we can do that with a locked bootloader. I'm not sure man
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #310  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.

2,232 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

I don't believe we can do that with a locked bootloader. I'm not sure man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmietilt

sorry not possible with a locked bootloader there is no way to effect changes at kernel level

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread