FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

US AT&T S5 - G900A - Firmware Update Available

3rd February 2015, 03:00 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Pulling down a 485MB update right now. Haven't found anything as to whether it is truly Lollipop or not... SLOOOOOW download.

3rd February 2015, 03:17 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reboot... and it's only 4.4.4. Why on God's green Earth would they deploy 4.4.4 when 5.0 is supposed to be ready to roll?
4th February 2015, 09:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
5 will probably be available soon. Just like what Verizon is doing
5th February 2015, 03:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Keep an eye on this page for GSG5 AT&T updates.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/fa...SM-G900AZKAATT

Update summary

AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A) on February 3, 2015. The update is available to customers to download via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for the update and the file size is 487MB.

What's changing?

Android KitKat 4.4.4
Miscellaneous improvements, bug fixes, and security updates
HD Voice capability*
AT&T Service additions:
Mail - ATT Mail (att.net mail)
AT&T Live
Uber
Remote Support
*HD Voice has limited availability in select markets. Deployment is ongoing. HD Voice Requirements: To experience HD Voice, both parties on the call must be located in an AT&T HD Voice coverage area, have an AT&T HD Voice-capable device and SIM with an area code based in an HD Voice coverage area, and have HD Voice set up on their AT&T account. HD Voice-capable device selection is limited at this time.

Incompatible Services/Features: The following services/features are currently incompatible with HD Voice: prepaid service, Smart Limits, Ringback Tones, OfficeDirect, and OfficeReach (for business customers). HD Voice is available at no additional cost; standard voice rates apply and are charged according to your wireless rate plan. For additional product information and service restrictions, visit www.att.com/hdvoice.

What to expect after the update

Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software. You can also backing up and restoring your phone using Samsung Kies.

How to update

Customers will receive an alert and be prompted to download the update, or have the option to initiate the update manually. When prompted, you can postpone the update up to 3 times, and 4 hours per occurrence. After the update has been postponed for the maximum allowable time, your device will automatically download and install the update.

To initiate the update manually, From the Home screen, touch Apps Apps Icon > Settings Settings Icon > About device Settings About Device Icon > Software update > Check for updates.
Follow the prompts.
How to verify the update

From the Home screen, touch Apps Apps Icon > Settings Settings Icon > About device Settings About Device Icon .
The following information will be displayed:
Android version: 4.4.4
Baseband version: G900AUCU2AOA1
Kernel version: 3.4.0-3116194
Build number: KTU84P.G900AUCU2AOA1
Last edited by jfishel; 5th February 2015 at 03:39 PM.
5th February 2015, 08:45 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for the notes!

So.. basically unknown fixes, plus more AT&T bloatware to disable?
6th February 2015, 02:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I guess that depends on how important you feel VoLTE and 4.4.4 updates are.

Lolipop will be coming soon enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
6th February 2015, 11:01 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Yea... I guess they started the work for this update long time ago and decided to just finish it and release it. The AT&T's version of Lollipop is most likely still a several weeks/months away.
8th February 2015, 06:12 PM |#8  
Flag Berkeley
Thanks Meter: 0

More
VoLTE + fixes in 4.4.4
VoLTE and whatever fixes that came with the 4.4.4 update are more than likely not part of the lollipop 5.0 or 5.0.1 updates.. VoLTE I'm sure is the major reason for the 4.4.4 update being pushed before lollipop.. VoLTE is obviously going to be a major selling point in the future for all carriers.. leaving it out and just jumping to lollipop would be stupid for AT&T.. once all areas receiving the 4.4.4 update have been rolled out they should start rolling out one of the versions of lollipop.. probably before the end of February so as not to be to far behind Verizon
8th February 2015, 06:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dont have the update
I have the s5 for at&t and I just checked and it said my software was up to date. any idea why I didnt get it?
8th February 2015, 07:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
AT&T is rolling out the update in "stages", meaning you might receive it later than the other customers. I have 2 Galaxy S5's in family, both are on the same plan and are AT&T-branded, however only one of them have received update. Don't worry and give it some time - unless you live in a region where "HD Voice" is already available this update is not "crucial".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread