Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Better battery life and performance!

Tip us?

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Better battery life and performance!

Just wanting to see what mods/apps you all are using to get the best battery life and performance out of your s5 I'm currently using

Rom: DynamicKat 2.0
Greenify with boost on
DS battery saver custom profile
Lux auto brightness

I'm getting a benchmark of 37000
And I'll attatch a ss of my current battery, i normally go 5-6 hours before I'm below 20% but I'm over 4 now and still above 60%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409598589844.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (57.0 KB, 253 views)

Opie Knievel
Old
Thanks Meter 16
How much screen on time are you getting? 4&1/2 hours on battery and already down to 64% doesn't seem very good. I'm getting much longer times than that. I'm on Stock Rom, rooted, running Greenify.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409614360146.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (57.8 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg 1409614405851.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (33.0 KB, 215 views)

VashTS
Old
Thanks Meter 12
same here, i get pretty good life. on very low use day, about 2.2%/hour. on heavy usage about 3-4%/hour. 4%/hour = about 20 hours give or take (gotta figure that screen on time is going to make it less than the actual maximum %/hr)

some days im at about 40% when i get done with my day, others im at like 55%. but still its from about 9am to 12:30am, about 16 hours-ish.

i root SGH i777
Old
Thanks Meter 47
before i bought my zerolemon 8500 battery. i tested stock battery and for every 1 of screen on time, that would be 25% of the battery on stock.is that good or bad?

[ROM] Dynamic Kat v1.0
[KERNAL] Locked bootloader
[PHONE] AT&T Galaxy S5
[PREVIOUS PHONES] Galaxy S5 - current <------ Galaxy S3 <------- HTC Inspire 4G

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie Knievel View Post
How much screen on time are you getting? 4&1/2 hours on battery and already down to 64% doesn't seem very good. I'm getting much longer times than that. I'm on Stock Rom, rooted, running Greenify.
I keep my screen on pretty much all day it's very rare that I go 30 minutes without it being on

cmerlyn
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Battery life

By the end of a work day, my battery is usually around 50-60%. On weekends I don't recharge it at all, including this last 3-day weekend. It was at 43% Monday night. I never turn it off, I check it often as I get a lot of email.
I am running Dynamic Kat, just upgraded to 3.0. I use no apps to extend battery life. I turn off my wifi when I go to bed, turn it back on when I get up. Note that I NEVER turn data on.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5, rooted, Dynamic Kat
AT&T HTC Vivid - S-Off, rooted, unlocked, KitKat 4.4
LG Optimus V - ICS, now retired as an alarm clock

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more