Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Better battery life and performance!

OP daltonhrrll

1st September 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 76

413 posts
More
Just wanting to see what mods/apps you all are using to get the best battery life and performance out of your s5 I'm currently using

Rom: DynamicKat 2.0
Greenify with boost on
DS battery saver custom profile
Lux auto brightness

I'm getting a benchmark of 37000
And I'll attatch a ss of my current battery, i normally go 5-6 hours before I'm below 20% but I'm over 4 now and still above 60%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409598589844.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (57.0 KB, 344 views)
2nd September 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mt. Vernon, KY
Thanks Meter: 17

63 posts
More
How much screen on time are you getting? 4&1/2 hours on battery and already down to 64% doesn't seem very good. I'm getting much longer times than that. I'm on Stock Rom, rooted, running Greenify.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409614360146.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (57.8 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg 1409614405851.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (33.0 KB, 301 views)
2nd September 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

141 posts
same here, i get pretty good life. on very low use day, about 2.2%/hour. on heavy usage about 3-4%/hour. 4%/hour = about 20 hours give or take (gotta figure that screen on time is going to make it less than the actual maximum %/hr)

some days im at about 40% when i get done with my day, others im at like 55%. but still its from about 9am to 12:30am, about 16 hours-ish.
2nd September 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 55

206 posts
More
before i bought my zerolemon 8500 battery. i tested stock battery and for every 1 of screen on time, that would be 25% of the battery on stock.is that good or bad?
3rd September 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 76

413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie Knievel

How much screen on time are you getting? 4&1/2 hours on battery and already down to 64% doesn't seem very good. I'm getting much longer times than that. I'm on Stock Rom, rooted, running Greenify.

I keep my screen on pretty much all day it's very rare that I go 30 minutes without it being on
5th September 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #6  
Flag Rohnert Park
Thanks Meter: 36

231 posts
More
Battery life
By the end of a work day, my battery is usually around 50-60%. On weekends I don't recharge it at all, including this last 3-day weekend. It was at 43% Monday night. I never turn it off, I check it often as I get a lot of email.
I am running Dynamic Kat, just upgraded to 3.0. I use no apps to extend battery life. I turn off my wifi when I go to bed, turn it back on when I get up. Note that I NEVER turn data on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread