FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy s5 active teardown

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By insomni, Member on 25th July 2014, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I need to gain access to the micro usb port on the Active. There are many videos on tearing down the s5 but I can't seem to find any info on the active. Does anyone have any information on the tear down sequence for the Active, or any links? Thanks.

25th July 2014, 07:10 PM |#2  
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 596

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomni

I need to gain access to the micro usb port on the Active. There are many videos on tearing down the s5 but I can't seem to find any info on the active. Does anyone have any information on the tear down sequence for the Active, or any links? Thanks.

Looks like its here but cost a couple of dollars???? I can't seem to find anything else close.
25th July 2014, 07:47 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

Looks like its here but cost a couple of dollars???? I can't seem to find anything else close.

What a strange site. Apparently you have to contact them for information on becoming a client and if you they bless you with this privilege you can then purchase the teardown.
25th July 2014, 08:43 PM |#4  
Flag Garland, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomni

What a strange site. Apparently you have to contact them for information on becoming a client and if you they bless you with this privilege you can then purchase the teardown.

LOL....I know. Dont do it>>>>
26th July 2014, 12:28 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Just start taking screws out... You'll get there eventually

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unhived__Mind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unhived__Mind Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 12:42 AM |#6  
Flag Garland, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhived__Mind

HAHA......Make a you tube vid out of it.
26th July 2014, 01:23 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhived__Mind

That's what I would do.:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th July 2014, 06:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
check out the s4 active teardown then see what has changed on the S5 Active and compare. usually its fairly similar and not that much different. Just remember to take your time and dont rush or force anything.
24th September 2014, 09:14 AM |#9  

More
s5 active teardown
Theres only one screw visible. The lcd/digitizer has hella adhesive.Not just around the edges like the S5.Youll more than likely have to replace the screen with any repair on this one and very few screens available so far.
1st October 2014, 06:58 PM |#10  

More
Active Teardown
To repeat, does anyone have any resources for tearing down the S5 Active? There are a number of differences between the S4 active and the standard S5 and you can't just "start taking screws out," as there is only one screw on the back. The LCD/digitizer is one unit and will need to be removed together, but what about the rest of the components? It's not clear how to access the control board. Repeat, does anyone know of any resources for a complete tear down?
20th October 2014, 06:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm working on getting a hold of an S5 active with a broken screen... if I do I'll try to video the teardown and post it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemotar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kemotar Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
active, galaxy s5, teardown, teardown guide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)