Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,235 Members 41,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active on the NG3 update

Tip us?

James L
Old
(Last edited by James L; 28th August 2014 at 06:52 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default How to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active on the NG3 update

A new update is being released for the S5 Active, since i didn't see a thread on how to root the device... Here it is...

Towel root works on the NE4 build but will not work on the new NG3 update.

So what i did was downgraded with the firmware file found on Sammobile with the NE4 build.
Then used Towel root and installed SuperSU, it said it failed to install Supersu but after a reboot all was well.
Oh this was a AT&T S5 active.

SuperSU worked fine and root was verified!

I haven't posted much before. I would like to give back to the awesome community who has done so much for me!

Hit the thanks button if i helped!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James L For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitncnotes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Could really use your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
A new update is being released for the S5 Active, since i didn't see a thread on how to root the device... Here it is...

Towel root works on the NE4 build but will not work on the new NG3 update.

So what i did was downgraded with the firmware file found on Sammobile with the NE4 build.
Then used Towel root and installed SuperSU, it said it failed to install Supersu but after a reboot all was well.
Oh this was a AT&T S5 active.

SuperSU worked fine and root was verified!

I haven't posted much before. I would like to give back to the awesome community who has done so much for me!

Hit the thanks button if i helped!
Trying to use your same method
I am trying to root my phone with Towel root and it won't recognize my phone either. My phone deleted all it's text messages, for some reason, last night and I need to root my phone so I can save some of the messages. Came across your post and figured you can help me. I downloaded the may version of the sm-g870A and odin. Odin won't open. I've never done this before and could use your help. If I can downgrade my firmware, or change it, in a way where Towel root would recognize my phone that would be exactly what I need. Also tried all the Modstrings, did no good. Whatever you could say to help, can hit me up personally and help me, idk if you could do that, but it'd be awesome if you could help me.

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitncnotes View Post
Trying to use your same method
I am trying to root my phone with Towel root and it won't recognize my phone either. My phone deleted all it's text messages, for some reason, last night and I need to root my phone so I can save some of the messages. Came across your post and figured you can help me. I downloaded the may version of the sm-g870A and odin. Odin won't open. I've never done this before and could use your help. If I can downgrade my firmware, or change it, in a way where Towel root would recognize my phone that would be exactly what I need. Also tried all the Modstrings, did no good. Whatever you could say to help, can hit me up personally and help me, idk if you could do that, but it'd be awesome if you could help me.
You should try my thread here guys. >>>> CLICK ME PLEASE AND HIT THANKS IF IT WORKS FOR YOU
If I've helped you in anyway, please hit the "Thanks Button".
Tags
how to root the s5 active, ng3, root galaxy s5 active, root s5