Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Rockin the Android L launcher on my S5

OP geekdadof3

3rd July 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 19

104 posts
More
Like it says I used the thread below to put the new Android L launcher from the preview. It rocks! Very fast! It doesn't have all the customization of Nova but I really like it.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Note: You do have to convert to ART to make Gmail work correctly, but again I have had no problems with that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=264350476
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geekdadof3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 378

808 posts
Donate to Me
More
Confirmed working beautifully on my AT&T Galaxy S5 with towel root. Warning: Gmail will NOT work after installing.
4th July 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag atlantic city
Thanks Meter: 525

2,087 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you have the new dialer? If so screen shot it please.
4th July 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,056

2,541 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmouse

Do you have the new dialer? If so screen shot it please.

doubt it..

my vzw s5 rom has the keyboard, launcher, boot animation, alarms, system ui sounds, notification sounds and ringtones from android L.. and its only ~618mb.. if i get time tom since no one has a stock based zip for me to use i have to build one from the stock tar so i can compile my rom for the att s5 since i got some requests

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
4th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 19

104 posts
More
Gmail work around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent

Confirmed working beautifully on my AT&T Galaxy S5 with towel root. Warning: Gmail will NOT work after installing.

Work around - Gmail will work if you switch to ART and roll back the updates to factory version. Just turn off auto updates until we can get the new ver 5 apps.
4th July 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag atlantic city
Thanks Meter: 525

2,087 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

doubt it..

my vzw s5 rom has the keyboard, launcher, boot animation, alarms, system ui sounds, notification sounds and ringtones from android L.. and its only ~618mb.. if i get time tom since no one has a stock based zip for me to use i have to build one from the stock tar so i can compile my rom for the att s5 since i got some requests

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

I could unroot do a factory reset not set anything up,retoot SafeStrap an do a backup,and give it to you but you would have my imei,and stuff like that I think.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I like the samsung keyboard,I have the L boot animation,system ui sounds,and I already got the new play services,with ok Google on every page even lock.

And where did you get system ui sounds,besides alarms and notifications,what I have is something I made for system ui from a AOSP rom on my s4 witch still works on my s5 just a ui file I saved with a bunch of .ogg files I added mainly for the touch sounds and lock unlock,could you post the audio folder in your system/ media /audio.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Never mind I dled the file fTom the thread there the same sounds I already had
Last edited by djmouse; 4th July 2014 at 06:12 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android l
Previous Thread Next Thread