Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rockin the Android L launcher on my S5

Tip us?

geekdadof3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Thumbs up Rockin the Android L launcher on my S5

Like it says I used the thread below to put the new Android L launcher from the preview. It rocks! Very fast! It doesn't have all the customization of Nova but I really like it.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Note: You do have to convert to ART to make Gmail work correctly, but again I have had no problems with that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=264350476
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geekdadof3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ghstudent
Old
Thanks Meter 376

DONATE TO ME
Confirmed working beautifully on my AT&T Galaxy S5 with towel root. Warning: Gmail will NOT work after installing.

djmouse
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Do you have the new dialer? If so screen shot it please.

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmouse View Post
Do you have the new dialer? If so screen shot it please.
doubt it..

my vzw s5 rom has the keyboard, launcher, boot animation, alarms, system ui sounds, notification sounds and ringtones from android L.. and its only ~618mb.. if i get time tom since no one has a stock based zip for me to use i have to build one from the stock tar so i can compile my rom for the att s5 since i got some requests

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

geekdadof3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Gmail work around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent View Post
Confirmed working beautifully on my AT&T Galaxy S5 with towel root. Warning: Gmail will NOT work after installing.
Work around - Gmail will work if you switch to ART and roll back the updates to factory version. Just turn off auto updates until we can get the new ver 5 apps.

djmouse
Old
(Last edited by djmouse; 4th July 2014 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
doubt it..

my vzw s5 rom has the keyboard, launcher, boot animation, alarms, system ui sounds, notification sounds and ringtones from android L.. and its only ~618mb.. if i get time tom since no one has a stock based zip for me to use i have to build one from the stock tar so i can compile my rom for the att s5 since i got some requests

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
I could unroot do a factory reset not set anything up,retoot SafeStrap an do a backup,and give it to you but you would have my imei,and stuff like that I think.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I like the samsung keyboard,I have the L boot animation,system ui sounds,and I already got the new play services,with ok Google on every page even lock.

And where did you get system ui sounds,besides alarms and notifications,what I have is something I made for system ui from a AOSP rom on my s4 witch still works on my s5 just a ui file I saved with a bunch of .ogg files I added mainly for the touch sounds and lock unlock,could you post the audio folder in your system/ media /audio.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Never mind I dled the file fTom the thread there the same sounds I already had
Tags
android l