Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 active

Tip us?

Unhived__Mind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default S5 active

So how good is this active phone? I'm thinking of getting it cause I think it will hold up to my work. (electrician)..how's the fit in the pocket? Comfortable and able to move without worrying you'll break it? Thanks for any replies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhived__Mind View Post
So how good is this active phone? I'm thinking of getting it cause I think it will hold up to my work. (electrician)..how's the fit in the pocket? Comfortable and able to move without worrying you'll break it? Thanks for any replies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
Really good, You should get it, Fits easy in your pocket, I've dropped mine in mud, water, concrete, all is still perfect like it never happened.
I have a tempered glass screen protector on it and sometimes I put a simple wrap case on, both purchased at At&t stores.

This phone is great cause its the S 5 but, I don't worry about dropping it or it getting dust, dirt, shock, high temps, low temps, on it----- this thing is a beast in my opinion. PLus its rooted and we have custom recovery.
If I've helped you in anyway, please hit the "Thanks Button".
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chungdae
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I had the S4 Active and still have the S5 Active. The S5 Active is amazing. The difference between the Active and the regular S5 is that it lacks USB 3.0 and the finger print scanner. I had the Bodyguardz tempered glass and the Case Mate Bumper on mine. I chose the Active because of its design and IP rating for my line of work. I'm selling mine now on Swappa because I received the G906K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson View Post
Really good, You should get it, Fits easy in your pocket, I've dropped mine in mud, water, concrete, all is still perfect like it never happened.
I have a tempered glass screen protector on it and sometimes I put a simple wrap case on, both purchased at At&t stores.

This phone is great cause its the S 5 but, I don't worry about dropping it or it getting dust, dirt, shock, high temps, low temps, on it----- this thing is a beast in my opinion. PLus its rooted and we have custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to chungdae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]