The Unofficial List of ROMS

Search This thread

IJoxer

Oct 21, 2015
Geeksville
Moto G Power
OnePlus 10 Pro
NOTICE

THIS IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

***I didn't even realize it was being posted in, my apologies for not updating this sooner.

I have decided to compile a list of ROMs that I have successfully booted, while maintaining root. This is, more or less, a continuation of this thread, just wanted to create a more thorough and organized collection. The Flashfire app adding aroma support has really opened up some possibilities for us, and with the extended delay of Marshmallow, I felt this could be helpful to some of you wanting to try something new. Also, I'd like to thank @Rakuu for the idea, I want to test more roms and expand on our list.

WARNINGS: The roms listed are not officially supported, thus results may vary. This is the standard liability warning, I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device using the roms and/or methods given. In the event a rom doesn't boot, you can try flashing the following kernels for your device using ODIN in the AP slot. It should also be mentioned that some of these roms contain aroma installers and require Flashfire, as safestrap does not support aroma.

G870A OC5 Kernel Download
G900A OC4 Kernel Download

THE UNOFFICIAL LIST OF ROMS

NOTICE: THE NOTES INCLUDED ARE MY OWN OPINION AND MAY NOT BE SATISFACTORY OR APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE.

PHOENIX V11 [DOWNLOAD]
AROMA: YES
THEMED: YES
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, THOROUGHLY TESTED, RECOMMENDED

TMS5 [DOWNLOAD]
AROMA: NO
NOTES: MOSTLY STABLE, FAST, THOROUGHLY TESTED, RECOMMENDED

ALLIANCE V9 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: MOSTLY STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION, THOROUGHLY TESTED

OMEGA V18 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: MOSTLY STABLE, CUSTOMIZATION, OUTDATED

XTRESTOLITE 2.2 [DOWNLOAD]
AROMA: OPTIONAL
NOTES: VERY STABLE, VERY FAST, SMALL, RECOMMENDED, MY PICK

OPTIMALROM 15-5 [DOWNLOAD][DEODEXED]
THEMED: NO
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, SIMPLE

FREEDOMROM V5 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, PRETTY, RECOMMENDED

SLIGHTROM V3 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, STOCKISH, PRETTY

S5 LOLLIPOP BY AMBASADII [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, STOCK, OPTIONAL MODS

STANG5LITRE 5.0 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, CUSTOMIZATION, FAST, RECOMMENDED

TWI5TED LOLLIPOP V7 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: SOMEWHAT UNSTABLE, CUSTOMIZATION, HIGHLY TESTED

GEAK OS [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION, RECOMMENDED

PROJECT INFINITY V10 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION, RECOMMENDED,

EPSILON PROJECT V2 [DOWNLOAD]
NOTES: STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION

Stay tuned for updates...:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-14-18-26-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-14-18-26-31.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 3,447
  • Screenshot_2016-08-14-22-02-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-14-22-02-37.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 3,454
  • Screenshot_2016-08-15-13-25-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-13-25-23.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 3,373
  • Screenshot_2016-08-15-12-32-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-12-32-36.png
    172 KB · Views: 3,141
  • Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-27-07.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-27-07.png
    167 KB · Views: 3,016
  • Screenshot_2016-08-16-12-41-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-12-41-30.png
    175 KB · Views: 2,874
  • Screenshot_2016-08-16-17-04-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-17-04-21.png
    182 KB · Views: 2,822
Last edited:

gigahurts

Feb 4, 2013
project infinity

Hi there,
I tried this rom, but hangouts crashes. Tried a full wipe, cleared dalvik and cache, cleared data and cache on hangouts, uninstalled and reinstalled hangouts, still crashes. Does it work for you?

gigahurts

Feb 4, 2013
Well, I dumped the Infiniti ROM. I need hangouts. Tried everything including flashing 3 different Gapps packages for 5.0 through flashfire. I've tried probably 15 different Roms over the years and I've stumbled on the best one of all:
Freedom from is by far the best for the att s5. It has an AOSP feel to it. You dont even notice TouchWiz. It has the Google dialer and camera(won't do 4k, but I use open camera and force 4k. The dialer alone makes it so much better. I encourage everyone on att s5 to use freedom ROM. I flashed it though flashfire.
One note. There is no boot up screen, just stays on the initial Samsung boot loader screen. First boot took like 10 minutes too. Also, you will need to change the APN (it's set for Verizon) to your carrier. I'm on an unlocked att s5 using T-Mobile. Was easy to change the APN.
This ROM rocks!

Reactions: captivated1971

gigahurts

Feb 4, 2013
Well, I dumped the Infiniti ROM. I need hangouts. Tried everything including flashing 3 different Gapps packages for 5.0 through flashfire. I've tried probably 15 different Roms over the years and I've stumbled on the best one of all:
Freedom from is by far the best for the att s5. It has an AOSP feel to it. You dont even notice TouchWiz. It has the Google dialer and camera(won't do 4k, but I use open camera and force 4k. The dialer alone makes it so much better. I encourage everyone on att s5 to use freedom ROM. I flashed it though flashfire.
One note. There is no boot up screen, just stays on the initial Samsung boot loader screen. First boot took like 10 minutes too. Also, you will need to change the APN (it's set for Verizon) to your carrier. I'm on an unlocked att s5 using T-Mobile. Was easy to change the APN.
This ROM rocks!

Well, just noticed the Freedom rom doesn't have any tethering options. If anyone knows how to enable this, please let me know. I'm off to put another rom on this (again). Thank you ATT for locking the bootloader, jackasses.

pinheaD420

Oct 27, 2010
Is aliance 9.0 working through flash fire ? Do I need to flash a kernel after I flash rom ? A few directions might help .... v8.0 worked great. I'd like to try v9 but seems Noone wants to actually post any help for all the people asking ....just telling people to flash in ff and nothing else is not very helpful .... do I wipe ?do I need a separate kernel ? Is there Change log for this version ? Anything I need to no about it ?

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
Is aliance 9.0 working through flash fire ? Do I need to flash a kernel after I flash rom ? A few directions might help .... v8.0 worked great. I'd like to try v9 but seems Noone wants to actually post any help for all the people asking ....just telling people to flash in ff and nothing else is not very helpful .... do I wipe ?do I need a separate kernel ? Is there Change log for this version ? Anything I need to no about it ?
The op has a link to a thread with instructions

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

renatortb

Dec 14, 2016
Curitiba

I just flashed the Phoenix v11 and i got the AT&T no go screen. As @IJoxer wrote, i flashed the G900A OC4 Kernel via Odin in AP slot and download mode in the phone (power+vol up+home) and the rom booted nicely. I think that they already tested these roms of the post and they work somehow.

Just want to thank again for all effort.

PS: is a team developer rom better than single person rom in general? Any advice of Phenix vs TMS5 vs Alliance?

captivated1971

Jan 2, 2011
coweta,ok
I just flashed the Phoenix v11 and i got the AT&T no go screen. As @IJoxer wrote, i flashed the G900A OC4 Kernel via Odin in AP slot and download mode in the phone (power+vol up+home) and the rom booted nicely. I think that they already tested these roms of the post and they work somehow.

PS: is a team developer rom better than single person rom in general? Any advice of Phenix vs TMS5 vs Alliance?
As far as I have seen tms 5 was better than any thing we had until the phoenix ROM came around its a bit snappier than tms 5 and a bit more stable also . tms 5 seemed laggy after a while . also I've noticed if you don't leave at least 1gb of phone memory for any ROM to run on it will get buggy . for a while I thought it was the ROMs . but found out it was lack of memory . but I prefer Phoenix ROM myself.

renatortb

Dec 14, 2016
Curitiba
As far as I have seen tms 5 was better than any thing we had until the phoenix ROM came around its a bit snappier than tms 5 and a bit more stable also . tms 5 seemed laggy after a while . also I've noticed if you don't leave at least 1gb of phone memory for any ROM to run on it will get buggy . for a while I thought it was the ROMs . but found out it was lack of memory . but I prefer Phoenix ROM myself.

Thank you for you help!

I used for a considerable time the TMS5 3.0 and the Alliance v8 roms and I had the same impression about the laggy stuff. Also, I came in the same conclusion as you about the time of use, lack of memory and get buggy. I agree in all of that. :cool:

I tried the Phoenix yesterday and I liked it very much, but I got confused about the aroma choices. Could help me with the must have choices? About the kernel OC4, is this the stock kernel for android 5.0? I noticed thar TMS5 3.0 and Alliance v8 use the OC7. What's the difference and i will lost much in using the OC4?

Is there any other roms that you recommend?

AptLogic

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 17, 2016
Everywhere and Nowhere at Once
Thank you for you help!

I used for a considerable time the TMS5 3.0 and the Alliance v8 roms and I had the same impression about the laggy stuff. Also, I came in the same conclusion as you about the time of use, lack of memory and get buggy. I agree in all of that. :cool:

I tried the Phoenix yesterday and I liked it very much, but I got confused about the aroma choices. Could help me with the must have choices? About the kernel OC4, is this the stock kernel for android 5.0? I noticed thar TMS5 3.0 and Alliance v8 use the OC7. What's the difference and i will lost much in using the OC4?

Is there any other roms that you recommend?
OC7 is basically the OC4 Kernel for the G900F, which is the international version of the S5 that the ROM was developed for.
When you see a ROM that needs OC4 or OC7, its usually safe to use OC4, OF2, or OF3 because they all run the exact same Kernel.

renatortb

Dec 14, 2016
Curitiba
OC7 is basically the OC4 Kernel for the G900F, which is the international version of the S5 that the ROM was developed for.
When you see a ROM that needs OC4 or OC7, its usually safe to use OC4, OF2, or OF3 because they all run the exact same Kernel.

Thank you very much for your answer. Also, thank you for all your work. I believe that many of us are anxious for a 6.0 rooted rom... :D:D:D:D:good:

IJoxer

Oct 21, 2015
Geeksville
Moto G Power
OnePlus 10 Pro
Thank you very much for your answer. Also, thank you for all your work. I believe that many of us are anxious for a 6.0 rooted rom... :D:D:D:D:good:

Hey there, sorry I've been a ghost here lately. I'm also anxious to see if @AptLogic gets MM rooted rom running. As for a recommendation on the roms listed, I would definitely recommend Xtrestrolite 2.2, and it is my personal favorite. It comes with literally no apps though, so you'll need to download Google Play Services/Playstore manually and throw them on the phone via PC. I also recommend a file manager since you need to get around in order to install them.

Good luck!

AptLogic

Jul 17, 2016
Hey there, sorry I've been a ghost here lately. I'm also anxious to see if @AptLogic gets MM rooted rom running. As for a recommendation on the roms listed, I would definitely recommend Xtrestrolite 2.2, and it is my personal favorite. It comes with literally no apps though, so you'll need to download Google Play Services/Playstore manually and throw them on the phone via PC. I also recommend a file manager since you need to get around in order to install them.

Good luck!
Well at this point it seems that we need to be able to modify the boot image for the rooting... Which doesn't really bode well for us because locked bootloaders don't like it when you do that. Still working at it though, just trying to force a systemless root onto the system. Should have test build 3J out by this Saturday or sooner..
IN THE MEANTIME IF YOU WANT A S6 MM PORT I CAN GET THAT RUNNING IN A SNAP!

Sent from my Samsung SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Labs

IJoxer

Oct 21, 2015
Geeksville
Moto G Power
OnePlus 10 Pro
Well at this point it seems that we need to be able to modify the boot image for the rooting... Which doesn't really bode well for us because locked bootloaders don't like it when you do that. Still working at it though, just trying to force a systemless root onto the system. Should have test build 3J out by this Saturday or sooner..

Personally, I'd prefer the rooted MM rom, I've had it with stock, and I'm sure an s6 port would be a headache without root. However, you're the one contributing, so I suppose it's up to you, either way it's appreciated. I'm still looking at my options to downgrade, if any, I'm willing to test, but looking for possible recovery options just in case.

I need me some root!

AptLogic

Jul 17, 2016
Personally, I'd prefer the rooted MM rom, I've had it with stock, and I'm sure an s6 port would be a headache without root. However, you're the one contributing, so I suppose it's up to you, either way it's appreciated. I'm still looking at my options to downgrade, if any, I'm willing to test, but looking for possible recovery options just in case.

I need me some root!
If someone can find a couple update binaries for the 870a i could *try* to reverse engineer something ODIN flashable... No garuntees though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE

THIS IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

***I didn't even realize it was being posted in, my apologies for not updating this sooner.

I have decided to compile a list of ROMs that I have successfully booted, while maintaining root. This is, more or less, a continuation of this thread, just wanted to create a more thorough and organized collection. The Flashfire app adding aroma support has really opened up some possibilities for us, and with the extended delay of Marshmallow, I felt this could be helpful to some of you wanting to try something new. Also, I'd like to thank @Rakuu for the idea, I want to test more roms and expand on our list.

WARNINGS: The roms listed are not officially supported, thus results may vary. This is the standard liability warning, I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device using the roms and/or methods given. In the event a rom doesn't boot, you can try flashing the following kernels for your device using ODIN in the AP slot. It should also be mentioned that some of these roms contain aroma installers and require Flashfire, as safestrap does not support aroma.

G870A OC5 Kernel Download
    G900A OC4 Kernel Download

THE UNOFFICIAL LIST OF ROMS

NOTICE: THE NOTES INCLUDED ARE MY OWN OPINION AND MAY NOT BE SATISFACTORY OR APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE.

PHOENIX V11 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, THOROUGHLY TESTED, RECOMMENDED

TMS5 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: MOSTLY STABLE, FAST, THOROUGHLY TESTED, RECOMMENDED

ALLIANCE V9 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: MOSTLY STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION, THOROUGHLY TESTED

OMEGA V18 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: MOSTLY STABLE, CUSTOMIZATION, OUTDATED

XTRESTOLITE 2.2 [DOWNLOAD]
    AROMA: OPTIONAL
    NOTES: VERY STABLE, VERY FAST, SMALL, RECOMMENDED, MY PICK

OPTIMALROM 15-5 [DOWNLOAD][DEODEXED]
    THEMED: NO
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, SIMPLE

FREEDOMROM V5 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, PRETTY, RECOMMENDED

SLIGHTROM V3 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, STOCKISH, PRETTY

S5 LOLLIPOP BY AMBASADII [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, STOCK, OPTIONAL MODS

STANG5LITRE 5.0 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, CUSTOMIZATION, FAST, RECOMMENDED

TWI5TED LOLLIPOP V7 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: SOMEWHAT UNSTABLE, CUSTOMIZATION, HIGHLY TESTED

GEAK OS [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION, RECOMMENDED

PROJECT INFINITY V10 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION, RECOMMENDED,

EPSILON PROJECT V2 [DOWNLOAD]
    NOTES: STABLE, FAST, CUSTOMIZATION

Stay tuned for updates...:good:

Good luck!

This ROM rocks!
    Would anything from this list of updates work? Or possibly the stock OJ3 rom from Muniz_ri?
    Yes that should work.. I'll work on it when I get to my desktop (~20 mins)