Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anti-finger print coating?

Tip us?

thepktrckt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Anti-finger print coating?

Has anyone noticed that the S5 doesn't pickup fingerprints as easily as it's predecessors? I've used the Note 2 and S4 and had to constantly clean the screen. With my S5 Active I'm noticing I don't have to do it nearly as often, on top of that I think there is a corner of the screen that doesn't have the coating. I kept noticing that my selfie camera was smudged and I just assumed that is where I must grab the phone most often. I finally noticed it's the only part of my screen that smudges easily and repeatedly. I've attached two pics of before and after pressing my finger against the screen, you'll notice it's not uniform to the shape of a finger.

Anyone else notice this? If you have an S5 active, wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and give it a try, I'm curious if it's intentional.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no smudge.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	2844597   Click image for larger version

Name:	smudge.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	2844598  

Greycloak42
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I've noticed two spots where the coating has already rubbed off. My s2 and s3 had coatings that lasted well over a year. I'm about ready to call in a warranty claim. There is no way that the coating should be coming off already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (i747)
Synergy ROM and KT747 JB kernel