Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

?Who? AT&T boot loader unlock

OP ConMcCRay

1st September 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

238 posts
Who is working on the boot loader unlock for our variant of the s5? Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 76

419 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMcCRay

As far as I know no one, work on safe strap seems to have come to a stop as well so it doesn't look like we will be getting ROM slots working either att = suck
1st September 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 234

830 posts
More
Quote:

There may be someone working on it...but no need to talk about it till they have something concrete.

I have a feeling if the S5 is cracked it'll work on our Actives as well.

This is an awesome phone...I'm pretty satisfied with it and it can only be better. There's some amazing minds here...be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickovtyme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 124

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickovtyme

There may be someone working on it...but no need to talk about it till they have something concrete.

I have a feeling if the S5 is cracked it'll work on our Actives as well.

This is an awesome phone...I'm pretty satisfied with it and it can only be better. There's some amazing minds here...be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

No need for a glimmer of hope to be spread. Better to have no hope and be impressed than have hope and be depressed, imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnhoIy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

120 posts
More
Quote:

With a phone this popular, I can't imagine the bootloader will never be unlocked. Either Samsung will do so, or someone will fix it.
4th September 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #6  
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 244

331 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not to be a doubter, but considering the S4 is reaching a year and a half without its bootloader being cracked put a damper on this one. Not sure if it has been improved more. I do believe it is being worked on. I hope that if one gets cracked the other will shortly thereafter.
4th September 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 124

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG-man

Not to be a doubter, but considering the S4 is reaching a year and a half without its bootloader being cracked put a damper on this one. Not sure if it has been improved more. I do believe it is being worked on. I hope that if one gets cracked the other will shortly thereafter.

An exploit was actually shown at Black Hat a few weeks ago showing a permanent bootloader unlock for the S4 and various other devices, but no S5
4th September 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 244

331 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy

An exploit was actually shown at Black Hat a few weeks ago showing a permanent bootloader unlock for the S4 and various other devices, but no S5

It is still yet to be accomplished on the S4 (I am aware a demonstration was made). It should theoretically work on the S5 as well since it is nearly identical to the S5 in internals. (Those who want to disagree, go ahead. It is just my opinion that they are nearly identical). The exploit was for the particular setup in Snapdragon devices if I recall correctly, which that setup is present in the AT&T S5.

While the devices listed are unpatched and devices like the S5 are patched, it is my opinion that one can always pull back a patch for a problem. We see it all the time with Root. I'm just not talented enough to know how to do that level of work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread