XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

?Who? AT&T boot loader unlock

Tip us?

ConMcCRay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default ?Who? AT&T boot loader unlock

Who is working on the boot loader unlock for our variant of the s5? Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

daltonhrrll
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMcCRay View Post

As far as I know no one, work on safe strap seems to have come to a stop as well so it doesn't look like we will be getting ROM slots working either att = suck

Nickovtyme
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:

There may be someone working on it...but no need to talk about it till they have something concrete.

I have a feeling if the S5 is cracked it'll work on our Actives as well.

This is an awesome phone...I'm pretty satisfied with it and it can only be better. There's some amazing minds here...be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5 Active

Rooted, Safestrapped and other Tweaks

It's not as custom as I would like, but for now I'll take it.

Phone Graveyard: It all started with an LG CU500 3G, Motorola Razr (remember when they were the best thing out there?), Palm Treo 750 (Windows Mobile 6.1), iPhone 3GS, Dell Streak, hTc Inspire 4G, Galaxy S3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickovtyme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnhoIy
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickovtyme View Post
There may be someone working on it...but no need to talk about it till they have something concrete.

I have a feeling if the S5 is cracked it'll work on our Actives as well.

This is an awesome phone...I'm pretty satisfied with it and it can only be better. There's some amazing minds here...be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
No need for a glimmer of hope to be spread. Better to have no hope and be impressed than have hope and be depressed, imo.
Got a question? Ask one of these guys first

The Following User Says Thank You to UnhoIy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geicogecko
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

With a phone this popular, I can't imagine the bootloader will never be unlocked. Either Samsung will do so, or someone will fix it.

CAG-man
Old
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Not to be a doubter, but considering the S4 is reaching a year and a half without its bootloader being cracked put a damper on this one. Not sure if it has been improved more. I do believe it is being worked on. I hope that if one gets cracked the other will shortly thereafter.
The CAG-MAN

AT&T G900A Galaxy S5
Rooted

AT&T I337 Galaxy S4

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210
WiFi Only
CAGrom Debloated

Donations are used to acquire new equipment and devices to make CAGrom. Thank you

UnhoIy
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG-man View Post
Not to be a doubter, but considering the S4 is reaching a year and a half without its bootloader being cracked put a damper on this one. Not sure if it has been improved more. I do believe it is being worked on. I hope that if one gets cracked the other will shortly thereafter.
An exploit was actually shown at Black Hat a few weeks ago showing a permanent bootloader unlock for the S4 and various other devices, but no S5
Got a question? Ask one of these guys first

CAG-man
Old
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy View Post
An exploit was actually shown at Black Hat a few weeks ago showing a permanent bootloader unlock for the S4 and various other devices, but no S5
It is still yet to be accomplished on the S4 (I am aware a demonstration was made). It should theoretically work on the S5 as well since it is nearly identical to the S5 in internals. (Those who want to disagree, go ahead. It is just my opinion that they are nearly identical). The exploit was for the particular setup in Snapdragon devices if I recall correctly, which that setup is present in the AT&T S5.

While the devices listed are unpatched and devices like the S5 are patched, it is my opinion that one can always pull back a patch for a problem. We see it all the time with Root. I'm just not talented enough to know how to do that level of work.
The CAG-MAN

AT&T G900A Galaxy S5
Rooted

AT&T I337 Galaxy S4

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210
WiFi Only
CAGrom Debloated

Donations are used to acquire new equipment and devices to make CAGrom. Thank you