FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

?Who? AT&T boot loader unlock

1st September 2014, 08:47 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Who is working on the boot loader unlock for our variant of the s5? Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
1st September 2014, 09:22 PM |#2  
daltonhrrll's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMcCRay

Who is working on the boot loader unlock for our variant of the s5? Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

As far as I know no one, work on safe strap seems to have come to a stop as well so it doesn't look like we will be getting ROM slots working either att = suck
1st September 2014, 09:43 PM |#3  
Nickovtyme's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMcCRay

Who is working on the boot loader unlock for our variant of the s5? Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

There may be someone working on it...but no need to talk about it till they have something concrete.

I have a feeling if the S5 is cracked it'll work on our Actives as well.

This is an awesome phone...I'm pretty satisfied with it and it can only be better. There's some amazing minds here...be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickovtyme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 06:31 AM |#4  
UnhoIy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickovtyme

There may be someone working on it...but no need to talk about it till they have something concrete.

I have a feeling if the S5 is cracked it'll work on our Actives as well.

This is an awesome phone...I'm pretty satisfied with it and it can only be better. There's some amazing minds here...be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

No need for a glimmer of hope to be spread. Better to have no hope and be impressed than have hope and be depressed, imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnhoIy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 01:56 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMcCRay

Who is working on the boot loader unlock for our variant of the s5? Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

With a phone this popular, I can't imagine the bootloader will never be unlocked. Either Samsung will do so, or someone will fix it.
4th September 2014, 10:02 AM |#6  
CAG-man's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 290
 
Donate to Me
More
Not to be a doubter, but considering the S4 is reaching a year and a half without its bootloader being cracked put a damper on this one. Not sure if it has been improved more. I do believe it is being worked on. I hope that if one gets cracked the other will shortly thereafter.
4th September 2014, 03:24 PM |#7  
UnhoIy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG-man

Not to be a doubter, but considering the S4 is reaching a year and a half without its bootloader being cracked put a damper on this one. Not sure if it has been improved more. I do believe it is being worked on. I hope that if one gets cracked the other will shortly thereafter.

An exploit was actually shown at Black Hat a few weeks ago showing a permanent bootloader unlock for the S4 and various other devices, but no S5
4th September 2014, 07:14 PM |#8  
CAG-man's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 290
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy

An exploit was actually shown at Black Hat a few weeks ago showing a permanent bootloader unlock for the S4 and various other devices, but no S5

It is still yet to be accomplished on the S4 (I am aware a demonstration was made). It should theoretically work on the S5 as well since it is nearly identical to the S5 in internals. (Those who want to disagree, go ahead. It is just my opinion that they are nearly identical). The exploit was for the particular setup in Snapdragon devices if I recall correctly, which that setup is present in the AT&T S5.

While the devices listed are unpatched and devices like the S5 are patched, it is my opinion that one can always pull back a patch for a problem. We see it all the time with Root. I'm just not talented enough to know how to do that level of work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes