Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bootloop :( help

Tip us?

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] bootloop :( help

long story short. i accidentally wiped the system after running dynamic kat rom. when this happened it only booted to the galaxy s5 splash screen. i can access both download and recovery mode.
ive tried flashing stock firmware via odin, and now it goes to the samsung splash screen then bootloops.

what am i missing here??

is there anything i can do in stock recovery mode to fix this? to bad the system wiped my safestrap recovery.

s5freak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota510 View Post
long story short. i accidentally wiped the system after running dynamic kat rom. when this happened it only booted to the galaxy s5 splash screen. i can access both download and recovery mode.
ive tried flashing stock firmware via odin, and now it goes to the samsung splash screen then bootloops.

what am i missing here??

is there anything i can do in stock recovery mode to fix this? to bad the system wiped my safestrap recovery.
Need a lot more information what device? What firmware did you flash? Which Odin?

"No soup for you! Come back one year!!" Sent from my ViSiX powered SG-G900A Rockin XKrome

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s5freak View Post
Need a lot more information what device? What firmware did you flash? Which Odin?

"No soup for you! Come back one year!!" Sent from my ViSiX powered SG-G900A Rockin XKrome
sorry at&t s5 . i flashed the firmware in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714455

odin version 3.0.9

i tried flashing just in "ap", then tried "ap", "cp", "csc"

s5freak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,402
Quote:
sorry at&t s5 . i flashed the firmware in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714455

odin version 3.0.9

i tried flashing just in "ap", then tried "ap", "cp", "csc"
You left out BL

tee00max
Old
Thanks Meter 79
DId you get it back working because I am downloading all the necessary files as we speak to unroot and wanted to know the official process.
Current phone: OnePlus One (Sandstone 64GB, Stock CM11s w/Franco Kernel)
Current Tablet:
Nexus 7 2nd Gen- Scott's CleanRom
Previous Devices: HTC One M8 GPE, Galaxy S5, 64GB, LG G3, HTC One M8, Note 3, iPhone 5S, LG G2, Note 2, Galaxy S4, list goes on......

TTGZDOG
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
You need to boot to recovery and do a factory reset, flash in odin again then factory resit via recovery again then it should boot just fine.

jdub32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have same phone flashed dynamic kat had exact same issue and after a week search of samsung employs finally found a cool one that let me play stupid and he had to refer me to a att tech store with his card and they fixed it,,, you loose everything but at this point you have anyway... and I did the factory reset and odin with no luck .just play stupid and they will fix you up

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

johnmayfieldjr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

what am i missing here??

I have the same exact issue. Someone please help!!!

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i ended up selling the dang thing and buying an s5 active. didnt want to fool with it anymore