FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] bootloop :( help

OP dakota510

20th August 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
long story short. i accidentally wiped the system after running dynamic kat rom. when this happened it only booted to the galaxy s5 splash screen. i can access both download and recovery mode.
ive tried flashing stock firmware via odin, and now it goes to the samsung splash screen then bootloops.

what am i missing here??

is there anything i can do in stock recovery mode to fix this? to bad the system wiped my safestrap recovery.
20th August 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 3,863

6,411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota510

long story short. i accidentally wiped the system after running dynamic kat rom. when this happened it only booted to the galaxy s5 splash screen. i can access both download and recovery mode.
ive tried flashing stock firmware via odin, and now it goes to the samsung splash screen then bootloops.

what am i missing here??

is there anything i can do in stock recovery mode to fix this? to bad the system wiped my safestrap recovery.

Need a lot more information what device? What firmware did you flash? Which Odin?

"No soup for you! Come back one year!!" Sent from my ViSiX powered SG-G900A Rockin XKrome
20th August 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s5freak

Need a lot more information what device? What firmware did you flash? Which Odin?

"No soup for you! Come back one year!!" Sent from my ViSiX powered SG-G900A Rockin XKrome

sorry at&t s5 . i flashed the firmware in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714455

odin version 3.0.9

i tried flashing just in "ap", then tried "ap", "cp", "csc"
20th August 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 3,863

6,411 posts
More
Quote:

sorry at&t s5 . i flashed the firmware in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714455

odin version 3.0.9

i tried flashing just in "ap", then tried "ap", "cp", "csc"

You left out BL

20th August 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #5  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 93

861 posts
More
DId you get it back working because I am downloading all the necessary files as we speak to unroot and wanted to know the official process.
20th August 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #6  
Flag Winston-Salem
Thanks Meter: 3

56 posts
Donate to Me
More
You need to boot to recovery and do a factory reset, flash in odin again then factory resit via recovery again then it should boot just fine.
20th August 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #7  

3 posts
I have same phone flashed dynamic kat had exact same issue and after a week search of samsung employs finally found a cool one that let me play stupid and he had to refer me to a att tech store with his card and they fixed it,,, you loose everything but at this point you have anyway... and I did the factory reset and odin with no luck .just play stupid and they will fix you up

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st August 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #8  
Flag Lafayette
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
More
Quote:

what am i missing here??

I have the same exact issue. Someone please help!!!
21st August 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
i ended up selling the dang thing and buying an s5 active. didnt want to fool with it anymore

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread