Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

DPI Change and SView Cover

OP jdubya45

19th August 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Hope someone can help.

I have changed my lcd density through my build prop.

I'm using app settings in xposed and changed the sview Cover app to 480 but there is a black bar at the bottom.

Anyone know how to fix this?
20th October 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
daddycruel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 46
 
161 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya45

Hope someone can help.

I have changed my lcd density through my build prop.

I'm using app settings in xposed and changed the sview Cover app to 480 but there is a black bar at the bottom.

Anyone know how to fix this?

+1
Yesterday, 12:09 AM   |  #3  
omid_freesky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Erbil
Thanks Meter: 27
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
there is a semi solution for this
usually people use rom toolbox to change the entire dpi.
first you must return the dpi to the normal 640 in rom toolbox
then in app settings Xposed change com.android.systemui dpi to 480
and then go to Android System (Android) and change the dpi back to 640
don't forget each time you must turn on the app setting and save after the change
this might effect some of the apps and show it in normal size but it will fix your problem
plus you can change any app's dpi to 480 from app settings later and make it small again.
Yesterday, 01:11 AM   |  #4  
Rakuu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omid_freesky

there is a semi solution for this
usually people use rom toolbox to change the entire dpi.
first you must return the dpi to the normal 640 in rom toolbox
then in app settings Xposed change com.android.systemui dpi to 480
and then go to Android System (Android) and change the dpi back to 640
don't forget each time you must turn on the app setting and save after the change
this might effect some of the apps and show it in normal size but it will fix your problem
plus you can change any app's dpi to 480 from app settings later and make it small again.

Thought id note as far as I know the stock DPI is 480.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 07:24 AM   |  #5  
GreenBot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I used xposed setting to change my dpi and I used it to specify original dpi of 640 for the sviewcover app but the black bar still persists.
Yesterday, 12:37 PM   |  #6  
omid_freesky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Erbil
Thanks Meter: 27
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu

Thought id note as far as I know the stock DPI is 480.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

you're right, I have a galaxy note 4, I'm sorry

I'm not sure about your original dpi though, but the method should work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes