No registration required

[Q] Exchange Services Battery Drain w/ NG3 Rooted

OP ITNV

3rd September 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

369 posts
More
Over the weekend I installed and rooted the latest software update from AT&T using the method muniz_ri posted. I ended up screwing up my backups so I installed all my apps manually and set up everything from scratch exactly how it was prior to the update. The next day I noticed that Exchange Services was draining my battery showing twice as much usage as Android System or Screen, which are usually my top two. I checked all of my settings and couldn't find anything wrong so I did a factory reset and installed everything from scratch again but the problem is still there.

I'm rooted and running Xposed Framework but I've never had any problems with that before. My exchange account is set to sync all mail and use Push delivery but I've used that configuration since I bought the phone and I've never had any issues before.

Is anyone else running rooted NG3 having similar problems?
3rd September 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Rohnert Park
Thanks Meter: 36

234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITNV

Over the weekend I installed and rooted the latest software update from AT&T using the method muniz_ri posted. I ended up screwing up my backups so I installed all my apps manually and set up everything from scratch exactly how it was prior to the update. The next day I noticed that Exchange Services was draining my battery showing twice as much usage as Android System or Screen, which are usually my top two. I checked all of my settings and couldn't find anything wrong so I did a factory reset and installed everything from scratch again but the problem is still there.

I'm rooted and running Xposed Framework but I've never had any problems with that before. My exchange account is set to sync all mail and use Push delivery but I've used that configuration since I bought the phone and I've never had any issues before.

Is anyone else running rooted NG3 having similar problems?

Never had a problem with that. I don't use the stock email apps, however, and that may be part of the reason. I use Enhanced Email; which supports just about everything including my company's Exchange system, which is pretty screwy. Using Dynamic Kat as my daily driver.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread