No registration required

[Q] Full Factory Reset Method

OP tvromero

25th July 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
All,

I have some trouble with s Health that I think is due to root. I would like to clear out the phone and set it up again and tried "Factory data reset" but this did not fix everything and in fact did not seem to remove my root. Is there a more complete factory reset method to return the system to full stock mode?

Thanks,
Tim
25th July 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvromero

All,

I have some trouble with s Health that I think is due to root. I would like to clear out the phone and set it up again and tried "Factory data reset" but this did not fix everything and in fact did not seem to remove my root. Is there a more complete factory reset method to return the system to full stock mode?

Thanks,
Tim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785185

You're going to need to flash in order to get rid of root. Tutorial comes with the link above.

Kenichi
27th July 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Annandale N.J.
Thanks Meter: 3,972

4,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvromero

All,

Thanks,
Tim

You dont need to reset the phone. Its been a common problem with alot of people including myself. If you have root it sems that S-health doesnt like the latest update. Go into applications/applications manager/ALL and scroll to HealthService. Select it then clear cache/data and uninstall updates. then go to S-Health and do the same.Reboot and it will be fine and even work still after it updates again.
Also factory resets dont get rid of root. You need to flash you official firmware via Odin to do that mate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cooza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread